Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
I was in the AC in Terminal A today and they definitely had a smoking lounge. I was just walking past, but it surprised me enough to check the ashtrays, and indeed they had fag ends in them!
I was there for about 90 minutes last night

I'll go check out the d-term AC Saturday to get an update.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Infinite97
I was there for about 90 minutes last night

I'll go check out the d-term AC Saturday to get an update.
ah, didn't realise that, I thought you were just looking for any smoking lounge.

It's kind of a strange thing to see in 2015, certainly the first I've seen in the US. Is it just a Texas thing?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
ah, didn't realise that, I thought you were just looking for any smoking lounge.

It's kind of a strange thing to see in 2015, certainly the first I've seen in the US. Is it just a Texas thing?
Denver has (had?) a bar that allowed smoking, but there was a drink purchase required.

IAD has smoking lounges like you'd find overseas.

Sad that more airports don't have these facilities.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by Infinite97
Denver has (had?) a bar that allowed smoking, but there was a drink purchase required.

IAD has smoking lounges like you'd find overseas.

There is no smoking area(s) in the DEN AC. Due to its remoteness, I doubt that you have even a short walk to wherever the smoking lounge might be.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by george 3
There is no smoking area(s) in the DEN AC. Due to its remoteness, I doubt that you have even a short walk to wherever the smoking lounge might be.
Hm? I don't think the poster you referred to claimed that the smoking bar was in the AC...
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by JDiver
Otoh, my recent experiences with the AMEX Centurion lounge were that it was noisy, very crowded, offered lots of uncontrolled children racing around and no place to sit if I chose to get food at what resembled more a U. S. college dining buffet than anything else. I took good looks around and seeing little tranquility I left.
They've gotten a lot better managing cardmember guests (numbers and behavior) recently. I was thru DFW and this lounge twice in the last 2 weeks in the middle of all the DFW weather chaos, and it wasn't too bad.

Late last year there were at least 3 or 4 times, however, when I noticed the crowds and noise. In one instance, a group of 10-12 millenial-aged guys, on some kind of sports team, were holding forth. Loudly, at the standup table parallel to the hot buffet area. I and at least one other guest complained, but the desk response was they were all PLT cardholders. And they did nothing to quiet things down. Sure they were all PLTs. My complaint went to AXP and a few weeks later they told me there had been some issues with desk staff/guest numbers and conduct and that it was resolved.

Last week it was pretty full but not noisy at all. The biggest challenge appeared to be not having the staff to clear tables when someone departs. Apparently they were shorthanded due to the weather challenges for local driving.

Used the showers for the first time on Sunday morning. I think there are 2 of them. Very roomy, solid water pressure and good toiletries. It had decent counter space and a square seat you can move around (Iused it to unfold my rollaboard), but I would like some kind of pull-down or foldout suitcase caddy as well.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Sorry, another smoking question. Can anyone confirm if D smoking lounge is open? A is the only one listed on AA.com as still having a smoking lounge....
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Sorry, another smoking question. Can anyone confirm if D smoking lounge is open? A is the only one listed on AA.com as still having a smoking lounge....
Yes. As indicated in the wiki, and on aa.com, it's still open. Might make you homesick for da vog, brah.

Look around there - you'll note the old (repurposed) Flagship Lounge and Arrivals Lounge (with a small fitness center and immense multi-nozzle rain showers); this was the International Terminal before the bean counters decided Terminal D, when it opened, didn't need a Flagship or Arrivals Lounge. Classy for a world airline hub. :rolleyea:
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
D has a smoking lounge, but it has been closed the last few times I was there due to ventilation construction. I'm not sure if that construction has yet been completed.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: IC-Royal Amb, Hilton Gold VIP AA PLT
Was through D 2 weeks ago, and was told the smoking lounge would be closed permanently within the next 45 days .

Srpilo
Old May 2, 2015, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone have current information updates on the smoking lounges closure at DFW Terminal A Admirals Club? TIA!

Last edited by JDiver; May 14, 2015 at 7:44 am
Old May 13, 2015, 10:47 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Originally Posted by srpilo
Was through D 2 weeks ago, and was told the smoking lounge would be closed permanently within the next 45 days .

Srpilo
My guess is they're installing a new buffet line of gourmet food to compete with Centurion Lounge. Can't wait!
Old May 20, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I really like the A lounge. The staff there is always so nice, the showers are great and the awesome lounge chairs are amazing to sit in after that 1 a.m. redeye from LAX. We shouldn't really call the little cardio room a "fitness center" or whatever. It is just a couple cardio machines. They should invest in a Nautilus machine or something.

The only advantage of D is the view, and maybe proximity to Smoothie King.

Originally Posted by infinite97

I don't find it sad at all. They should never use lounge real estate to cater to a dying (literally and figuratively) breed. LAX used to do these outdoor areas, which I think was the best idea - if you are going to cater to smokers at all.
Old May 27, 2015, 11:09 am

I'm flying OGG-DFW-ORD with a 1hr20m layover in DFW on a Tuesday morning (arrive into DFW at 9am, depart at 10:20am). Is that enough time to take a quick shower at the AC at Terminal A, or is there likely to be a wait for showers?
Old May 27, 2015, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackk
I'm flying OGG-DFW-ORD with a 1hr20m layover in DFW on a Tuesday morning (arrive into DFW at 9am, depart at 10:20am). Is that enough time to take a quick shower at the AC at Terminal A, or is there likely to be a wait for showers?
Since international moved to D, I've never seen a wait for a shower at the A club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.