Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by JDiver
Iirc, it was last week.

Friends, don't forget to check the wiki (look up) for information.
I checked it. It's wrong. The smoking area in the D terminal AC is closed "due to ventilation issues," per the ladies in the A-term AC.

And let me also say, while it was a Sunday, the A-term AC was quite nice. Even with tsa precheck I'm glad that I no longer have to go outside to smoke and the free coffee will save me fortunes now that I won't be going to starbucks on every layover

Maybe next month on my trip back from Germany I'll try out the showers.

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 18, 2015 at 9:56 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Infinite97
And let me also say, while it was a Sunday, the A-term AC was quite nice. Even with tsa precheck I'm glad that I no longer have to go outside to smoke and the free coffee will save me fortunes now that I won't be going to starbucks on every layover

Maybe next month on my trip back from Germany I'll try out the showers.
I must have just missed you, I'm sitting in the A AC right now actually.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I checked it. It's wrong. The smoking area in the D terminal AC is closed "due to ventilation issues," per the ladies in the A-term AC.
Thanks for the update; I didn't stop and look carefully, but I was pretty sure I saw someone in there.

If it's a ventilation issue, it might take a long time; it'd probably be better to visit A Club.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Ventilation in the D smoking room has always been an issue, IMHO. Glad they're doing something about it.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Best Lounge at DFW?

I hope this is the right forum... I am traveling Biz to MEX this afternoon, and can fly with anyone. AA/DL/UA... Who is going to offer the best Business class lounge at DFW. It's a short flight connection or not. All airlines offer lounge access on paid J to MEX..

Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Take the cheapest nonstop and use a Platinum Amex (or any Amex + $50) to get into the Amex Centurion lounge.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:04 am

The best lounge (for J ticket access) would be the Terminal D Admiral's club.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by ryan754
I hope this is the right forum... I am traveling Biz to MEX this afternoon, and can fly with anyone. AA/DL/UA... Who is going to offer the best Business class lounge at DFW. It's a short flight connection or not. All airlines offer lounge access on paid J to MEX..

Thanks!
Completly subjective, of course. I prefer A and/or C to D, even when I have a connection that's D-to-D (I usually schedule longer layovers). IMO the D AC is blah - white on white with some beige, but excellent views of the tarmac. Can be VERY crowded at times, but can't they all? I like the "homier" feel of A and C, even though they're still large, they feels a bit cozier, with warmer colors. But if you have a short connection and you need to be in D, that's you're best bet.

Overwhelmingly the comments are that the AMEX Centurion lounge in D is heads and tails above the ACs, but unless you have the card necessary to get it, it's $50.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by zpaul
Completly subjective, of course. I prefer A and/or C to D, even when I have a connection that's D-to-D (I usually schedule longer layovers). IMO the D AC is blah - white on white with some beige, but excellent views of the tarmac. Can be VERY crowded at times, but can't they all? I like the "homier" feel of A and C, even though they're still large, they feels a bit cozier, with warmer colors. But if you have a short connection and you need to be in D, that's you're best bet.

Overwhelmingly the comments are that the AMEX Centurion lounge in D is heads and tails above the ACs, but unless you have the card necessary to get it, it's $50.
Otoh, my recent experiences with the AMEX Centurion lounge were that it was noisy, very crowded, offered lots of uncontrolled children racing around and no place to sit if I chose to get food at what resembled more a U. S. college dining buffet than anything else. I took good looks around and seeing little tranquility I left.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
JDiver's right. The Centurion Club is the only one that has "real food" -- though, c'mon, it's a step or two above college! -- but other than that it's crowded, not peaceful, and not plugged in to any airline from an operations point of view. Others whose views I respect have posted similar opinions. Still, if food's the driver, the Centurion is most definitely the place for you.

If food isn't the be-all and end-all of your travel life, the D Admirals Club has the best views but does get crowded in the late afternoons. The A and C clubs are more peaceful; no views. All three have great furniture, which matters a lot if you're trying to work.

I wonder if they still have that $10 morning omelet bar at the D club?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
JDiver's right. The Centurion Club is the only one that has "real food" -- though, c'mon, it's a step or two above college! -- but other than that it's crowded, not peaceful, and not plugged in to any airline from an operations point of view. Others whose views I respect have posted similar opinions. Still, if food's the driver, the Centurion is most definitely the place for you.

If food isn't the be-all and end-all of your travel life, the D Admirals Club has the best views but does get crowded in the late afternoons. The A and C clubs are more peaceful; no views. All three have great furniture, which matters a lot if you're trying to work.

I wonder if they still have that $10 morning omelet bar at the D club?
I rarely have early morning flights out of D but as of last November, yes the omelet bar is still there. He quoted me $14 for a omelet and mimosa.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
The Admirals Club calendar is saying the DFW omelet bar is now $15.99 ($19.99 at LAX).
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Anyone have an update on the D-term AC smoking lounge? I'm rolling through DFW today, flying into C, wondering which train to get on
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Anyone have an update on the D-term AC smoking lounge? I'm rolling through DFW today, flying into C, wondering which train to get on
I was in the AC in Terminal A today and they definitely had a smoking lounge. I was just walking past, but it surprised me enough to check the ashtrays, and indeed they had fag ends in them!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I prefer the AC in A. It's large and not as busy and does have the best showers of the DFW ACs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.