Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
How are the Term D showers compared to A? I've always heard A was great so I always go there (and they are nice!). How much of a downgrade are Term D showers? Anyone happen to have pics?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: AA PLT, IHG PLT
I have a DFW-ICN flight coming up next week. I'm assuming the smoker's lounge in D is closed - does anyone have any current info on the smoking lounge in A?

Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by bchandler02
How are the Term D showers compared to A? I've always heard A was great so I always go there (and they are nice!). How much of a downgrade are Term D showers? Anyone happen to have pics?
No pics, but the D showers are nothing different or better than the usual showers in any other AC (except for Terminal A). They get the job done and certainly aren't bad, but I will always go out of my way to use the A showers if I have time in DFW. Yes, they're worth it.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by airdefender
I have a DFW-ICN flight coming up next week. I'm assuming the smoker's lounge in D is closed - does anyone have any current info on the smoking lounge in A?

Thanks!
I was just there yesterday, still open and a bit more crowded than usual due to closure of D. I actually emailed the staff a few weeks ago to inquire your very question, and was told there are currently no plans to close the lounge in A.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I was just there yesterday, still open and a bit more crowded than usual due to closure of D. I actually emailed the staff a few weeks ago to inquire your very question, and was told there are currently no plans to close the lounge in A.
Thanks - appreciate the info.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: USair BA DL AA
Dfw A has smoking lounge D doesnt

Standing at dfw now. The A club is the only one with a smoking lounge for now.D doesnt
Old Jun 23, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by zpaul
No pics, but the D showers are nothing different or better than the usual showers in any other AC (except for Terminal A). They get the job done and certainly aren't bad, but I will always go out of my way to use the A showers if I have time in DFW. Yes, they're worth it.
Thanks. DFW-A is the only AC I've used showers at, so I don't know what "usual" equals. If anyone has or can grab pics, I'd appreciate it before my next trip next month as I will likely want to use the showers, but will probably stay in D unless I decide to go to A for the shower.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Any news/updates on the temp Flagship Lounge @ DFW-D?

I flew through DFW this week, but on both connections didn't have time to swing by the AC in D. I know they are working on a temporary Flagship Lounge, supposedly inside the AC, so I was wondering if anyone has heard on the progress?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
I connected through DFW to OKC last month, and I wish I would have done some reading before visiting the B AC. It was the most convenient (I thought) because I was departing from B32, but finding it was a challenge. The AC is around B3, and all the gates beyond B12ish are covered up for construction. You have to walk down a white hallway, without really knowing how far you have left because you can't gauge distance on gate numbers as they aren't shown. Also, it was a bit underwhelming when I got there. Definitely nice and quiet, but not worth the trek during a 90-120 connection.

With the Skylink, I could have easily stopped at another AC on my way from Terminal C to B. Lesson learned.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by zpaul
Absolutely!

I'd not avoid the other shower suites, as they're decent and serviceable - but the A showers, in what used to be the DFW Arrivals Lounge, are superb. And there's the small gym, adjacent.

I miss the old "A" days with Flagship and Arrivals lounges.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by JDiver
Absolutely!

I'd not avoid the other shower suites, as they're decent and serviceable - but the A showers, in what used to be the DFW Arrivals Lounge, are superb. And there's the small gym, adjacent.

I miss the old "A" days with Flagship and Arrivals lounges.
I wouldn't miss the "old 'A' days" if you couldn't access the showers with "just" AC access! Still among my favorite showers of almost any lounge I've used, and I've visited a long list of international first class lounges...

I do wonder if under AA's new mainline "big planes at A, smaller planes at C" if the A AC will become more crowded?

They're also better than the Centurion Lounge showers, which had some EXTREMELY inconsistent water temperature when I had most recently used them, going from cold to scalding hot and back without any adjustment of the water controls.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:01 pm

How much time should I allow for getting to Terminal D from the AC at A? I'm trying to squeeze in my daily 10km jog before the AA137 to HK on an I ticket but worried I will run out of time.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CX_newbie
How much time should I allow for getting to Terminal D from the AC at A? I'm trying to squeeze in my daily 10km jog before the AA137 to HK on an I ticket but worried I will run out of time.
Taking the train or jogging through the terminals? Train is 10 minutes max. Jogging I can't answer .
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Signs are up in the A23 club that the lounge (actual phrasing is all Admirals Clubs) are going smoke-free 12/31/15. As a non-smoker, this does not directly impact me, but wanted to share to those that depend on the lounge.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flyer78
Signs are up in the A23 club that the lounge (actual phrasing is all Admirals Clubs) are going smoke-free 12/31/15. As a non-smoker, this does not directly impact me, but wanted to share to those that depend on the lounge.
I'm a non-smoker (and tbh I abhor smoking), but I was never much personally bothered by the smoking lounges. Positive move overall (but that's more of an OMNI P/R comment), but logistically few airports have anywhere to smoke anymore airside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.