Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2006, 3:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

DFW / Dallas - Ft. Worth International Airport Admirals Clubs

Last edited by JDiver; May 2, 2015 at 2:58 pm Reason: Update
Old Jul 13, 2006, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Best DFW Admirals Club?

I'm going SFO-DFW-MSP next week and have a couple hours layover in DFW. Luckily I have a guest pass to the AC from the 2-for-1 deal in May. I searched and found that the AC in terminal D is best, but how would you rank the others? In my case, I'm gonna be there in the afternoon so I'm not interested in what the showers are like, but I would be interested in which one I have the best chance of finding some free drink coupons that some international biz passenger might not want

Please use this link to access current thread.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 27, 2019 at 8:20 am Reason: Add moderator note
Old Jul 13, 2006, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
From what I know Terminal D (which is where I'm sitting as I type this) is the new main international terminal. I've been in A & C many times but this is my first time in D. If the AC here is anything like the rest of the terminal it will definitely be the nicest. Jump on the skylink and it should only take a few minutes to get here from any terminal.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by mangoMan
I'm going SFO-DFW-MSP next week and have a couple hours layover in DFW. Luckily I have a guest pass to the AC from the 2-for-1 deal in May. I searched and found that the AC in terminal D is best, but how would you rank the others? In my case, I'm gonna be there in the afternoon so I'm not interested in what the showers are like, but I would be interested in which one I have the best chance of finding some free drink coupons that some international biz passenger might not want
I would just go to the one closest to my departure gate as they're all pretty nice. Having said that, I have a slight preference for the C club over the A club. The B club is pretty small and if getting some drinks is among your goals, IIRC, the B club does not have a full bar.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
I agree to just go to the one closest to the departure gate. The one in D is nicer (and newer) but all in all they are pretty much the same.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 6:33 pm

Programs: aadvantage plt/2mm; Southwest A-pref'd; VA Gold; SPG PLT
Originally Posted by olimaspecto
I agree to just go to the one closest to the departure gate. The one in D is nicer (and newer) but all in all they are pretty much the same.
Personal preference for me is A. The terminal in D is nicer though. They are all very similar. More miliary people in D (God bless them) and it feels more crampt.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 7:50 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
iirc, only a & d have smoking...
Old Jul 13, 2006, 9:08 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
It kinda depends on what's important to you. Views of the airfield? D or to some extent B. Get your own coke from a machine instead of from a bartender? Only B. Friendly efficient staff? All 4. "Internet Cafe"? A or D.

My preference: whereever Jose or Rhonda are working!
Old Jul 15, 2006, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Thanks for all your comments. Sounds like D would be nice for the view, but I will probably let the gate assignment for my departing flight make my decision for me.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 4:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I will have to admit - the last time I was in "D" (last month,) there were at least three drink coupons left behind on tables. (The likelihood of finding an unused drink coupon would not be my main criterion in selecting a lounge, but YMMV.)
Old Jul 15, 2006, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
I will have to admit - the last time I was in "D" (last month,) there were at least three drink coupons left behind on tables. (The likelihood of finding an unused drink coupon would not be my main criterion in selecting a lounge, but YMMV.)
I have a habit of leaving them in the elevator, stuck behind the corner of one of those signs stuck to the front panel.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 5:14 pm
Suspended

I typically end up with an extra so I've often thought that there should be a designated but semi-secret FT “chit recycling location” in DFW D.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
My personal preference is A. I do like the new club in D, but I like the intimacy of the old FL area in A.

Also, one of the best-kept secrets at DFW is the SHOWERS in A! They simply are DIVINE! Much, much better than the ones in D. Plus, A has a small fitness center inside security.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Platinum
D-C-A-B is how I rank them. Skylink makes it possible to choose a club if you have 2 hours. Also, you have more restaurant choices in D, so sometimes I eat in D, go get coffee and log-on at the AC, then saunter to my gate.

Whatever you do, enjoy! Travel isn't the easiest these days. Also, there's a Starbucks at most of the Skylink entries. I find this to be convenient as well.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:27 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ESpen36
My personal preference is A. I do like the new club in D, but I like the intimacy of the old FL area in A.

Also, one of the best-kept secrets at DFW is the SHOWERS in A! They simply are DIVINE! Much, much better than the ones in D. Plus, A has a small fitness center inside security.
I totally agree with this. The fitness center/shower combo in A is great---if I've got a couple of hours at DFW, I know that I can still get a workout in. Yeah, the showers at A are the best here imho, but I don't think the OP was too concerned about shower rankings.

The point about the old FL area in A is a great one: I've been "thru" there several times on my way to the fitness area, & on my last trip I really noticed what a great "sanctuary" it is. It's an incredibly quiet, usually solitary area...plenty of rooms & areas to sit down & work without a sound or soul around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.