Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 2:33 pm

Is the AC in Terminal B open during renovation? I noticed the dfw site shows the gates around the AC are closed.

Last edited by reecesavage; Dec 28, 2015 at 7:07 pm Reason: renovation
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:16 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Flyer78
Signs are up in the A23 club that the lounge (actual phrasing is all Admirals Clubs) are going smoke-free 12/31/15. As a non-smoker, this does not directly impact me, but wanted to share to those that depend on the lounge.
Anyone been to the A23 club since 1/1 and can confirm the smoking room's demise?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Anyone been to the A23 club since 1/1 and can confirm the smoking room's demise?
Was there on 1/2. Signage now says that all AC locations are 100% smoke free. Smoking lounge is closed.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA 1M, AA Platinum, HA Pualani Gold, KAL Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I'll have a 9hr layover between my HNL-DFW (red-eye) & DFW-LHR flights and am looking for a quiet corner where I can grab a few hours of sleep. In the LAX Club, I've used the second TV lounge that tends to be quieter and darker than the rest of the club for dozing. Hoping one of you can offer suggestions for a similar quiet spot in one of the DFW Clubs...any recommendations?
Thanks
K
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Kaneohe0850
I'll have a 9hr layover between my HNL-DFW (red-eye) & DFW-LHR flights and am looking for a quiet corner where I can grab a few hours of sleep. In the LAX Club, I've used the second TV lounge that tends to be quieter and darker than the rest of the club for dozing. Hoping one of you can offer suggestions for a similar quiet spot in one of the DFW Clubs...any recommendations?
Thanks
K
There's a TV lounge and lots of quiet corners in the B AC. That's where I would go. You're not going to find many quiet corners in the D AC, that's for sure.

Or I would just pay for a Minute Suite, which is right outside the entrance to the D AC.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Silver
Lightbulb Possible to leave luggage at DFW AC for long layover?

All,

Most BA lounges have somewhere to stow hand baggage (either a concierge service, lockers or sometimes just a location near the reception desk) while you stroll the terminal/use the facilities, etc.

I have a 9hr layover in DFW and really dont want to have to trudge my bags around with me all day.

Does anyone know if any of the AC lounges have this facility ?

Thanks,

SG
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Most do, but it is unsupervised and use at your own risk. Nothing to stop your stuff from walking off besides the honesty policy.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:45 pm

That I guessed - however, I was wondering if there was any actual supervised areas or lockers.....any lounge in particular in DFW that was better.

For example in LHR T5, the biggest BA lounge(South), which includes the concorde room, only has the honesty policy areas, but both the North lounge and B gates lounge have a concierge service to look after your bags.

So, it was really to work out if there was such a thing anywhere at DFW.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I would think your bags "relatively" safe at DFW for the exception of a staff member seeing bags unattended for hours on end and having them checked/impounded by airport security. Although by no means guaranteed and I certainly would not leave valuables in bags. I must admit that at the AC I often go to the business center, men's room or a quite area for a phone call (yes unlike most I really don't want the world to know my business) and leave my bags, lap top, and IPhone (plugged in) unattended. Never a problem, knock on wood.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Terminal A AC used to have lockable lockers. You'd put in a quarter and you'd get a key. (you'd get the quarter back). The last time I walked by there it appears the keys are gone but the lockers are still there.

I've left my bags at ORD and DFW admirals club for 4+ hours before in their storage areas.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:20 pm

Are you clearing CBP there? If you are you may be able to just drop them off at the recheck desk after exiting the customs hall. I did that at ORD last Thanksgiving. Cleared passport control and customs in all of five minutes (thanks GE!) then dropped my bag at the AA recheck desk outside the hall before heading into town for 6 hours. Time between flights was about 8.5 hours.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 6:10 am

No layover is from internal to international, so no CBP clearance until exiting country....

So, I guess what I need to know now is if the Terminal A lockers are still there and if they are still open.....
Old Mar 24, 2016, 5:50 am

Well....anyone ??
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
DFW Terminal B AC has keyed lockers (with keys still in them as of yesterday); however, the lockers are somewhat small. I don't think you'd be able to fit a standard-size rollaboard bag into one.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 9:05 am

Thanks BSBD.....:-) not too worried about the size, but if I can at least empty the things like laptop, etc, I can then leave the bag in an honesty policy location.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.