Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Admirals Club at DFW D + OW Lounge

I flew dfw-lax today and for the first time I was in D. First off, nice terminal! Anyway I mosied over to the Admirals Club at D23. It was a nice club. I noticed their was the F dining section within the club.

While walking to D19 from D23 I passed all other lounges on the right side and appeared to be via an elevator. I chuckled to myself as it reminded me of how many lounges are accessed at LHR. Anyway I noticed 3 OW lounges...QR, JL, and QF.

Three weeks from tomorrow I'm flying award J to SCL on an AA 788 out of that terminal. I'm an EXP/Emerald OW status.

Questions please:

1. Is that Admirals Club the best there is the evening I'm leaving to Santiago?
2. Do I have access to those OW lounges I mentioned above? Are they better than the Admirals Club? I'm not looking to eat dinner per say as I'll wait for the flight but looking for a place when they pull me a proper draft beer they don't charge me $7 or whatever like AA would (I know coors lights, etc are free).

Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EP
The lounges at “the Club” aren’t anything to write home about. Some people like one lounge while others like another. And still others avoid them all together.

Plus, getting into them without flying that airline is impossible/difficult.

As u are in J — u have access to the Admirals Club and if EP — flagship dining. Plus since u are international, u should get drunk I coupon(s) so u don’t have to pay $7 for a beer.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
The lounges at “the Club” aren’t anything to write home about. Some people like one lounge while others like another. And still others avoid them all together.
Are those individual lounges inside there? It's not just one big lounge shared by those airlines? I've never had occasion to go inside.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Plus, getting into them without flying that airline is impossible/difficult.

As u are in J — u have access to the Admirals Club and if EP — flagship dining. Plus since u are international, u should get drunk I coupon(s) so u don’t have to pay $7 for a beer.
I never heard of those coupons. Who distributes them?

Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<removed quote of deleted post> From reading the wiki looks like those other OW lounges only allow passengers traveling on that lounge's airline. I can appreciate that.

Last edited by Microwave; Oct 5, 2017 at 12:07 am
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:02 pm

Individual lounges. I think there are maybe 6?

Originally Posted by SJOGuy
Are those individual lounges inside there? It's not just one big lounge shared by those airlines? I've never had occasion to go inside.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From what I could see at least. ST and SA's airlines had a few there.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:16 pm

Some Airlines share individual spaces.

Originally Posted by enviroian
From what I could see at least. ST and SA's airlines had a few there.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
I fly out of terminal D quite a bit. I have probably been in all those lounges you reference on that bank from that elevator. In general the view of the tarmac and peacefuleness is good but F&B lacking.

Not a beer drinker but the AMEX Centurion lounge is by far the best lounge currently if you have access or can be guested in. Overcrowding can be an issue but Thursday evening should be okay and in the future they are moving to a larger location. If no access Admiral’s club may be best bet or pay for one of the good dining/bar locations in Terminal D.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
For what it's worth, I regularly find more drink chits than I could possibly use in the term D AC at DFW.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by enviroian
Thanks. From reading the wiki looks like those other OW lounges only allow passengers traveling on that lounge's airline. I can appreciate that.
The airline lounges are contract lounges and only allow qualified passengers flying the specific airline they're operated for. They're okay, smaller, and aren't very special. (The BA lounge has a BA staffer who's capable of making ticket changes, etc.)
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by aztimm
I ended up going straight to, "The Club." It is an interesting place...there's one central check-in desk, and then they direct you to the sub-lounge for the appropriate airline. There must be at least 6 different sections. The BA one was at an end, and I think right next to the AA D lounge, but there isn't a door connecting them.

Restrooms and showers were in the central area. I'd guess 5-6 different shower rooms.

The BA lounge itself was quite small. If anyone has been to their IAH lounge, I'd say similar size. Actually similar spread of food and drink. A bit more substantial than the AA D lounge, with some sandwiches and similar. They had beer in a fridge just for the taking and wine out on the counter.

An odd thing...there were no cookies or other sweets out. Then about an hour before the BA flight someone came around with a tray. We were allowed to take one cookie and one square of cheesecake.
Please see my review that I posted here a few weeks ago when I flew BA out of DFW and visited, "The Club."
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Thanks for the info about The Club.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Was planning on using the showers in A after an upcoming red-eye. Now that they're closed, what is the next best option at DFW? AC in D or AmEx?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by econ
Was planning on using the showers in A after an upcoming red-eye. Now that they're closed, what is the next best option at DFW? AC in D or AmEx?
I don't know anything about the AMEX showers, but the B, C, and D ACs all have showers. The showers in D are pretty good, IMHO, and would be my second choice. IMHO, nothing compares to the "old" A AC showers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.