Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Does anybody know if it is still an "open bar" setup in the A AC?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by aztimm
I'm flying BA DFW-LHR next week. I assume I can access the AA lounge in D. I've been there several times and it is a great lounge.

According to the BA site, I can also access, "The Club at DFW," which is good for BA, JL, and QF customers.

Any thoughts on which is better?

This will be from about 3:30 for a 6pm flight.
IMHO, the D AC >>> The Club.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aztimm
I'm flying BA DFW-LHR next week. I assume I can access the AA lounge in D. I've been there several times and it is a great lounge.

According to the BA site, I can also access, "The Club at DFW," which is good for BA, JL, and QF customers.

Any thoughts on which is better?

This will be from about 3:30 for a 6pm flight.
They are a few steps away from each other. I'd just try them both early on to decide for yourself where to spend the rest of your pre-departure time.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Does anybody know if it is still an "open bar" setup in the A AC?
It is not. They recently reopened the now-renovated bar area and it's back to charging for non-well beverages.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AA PPro
Quick questions, I"m travelling from pdx/dfw/ord/dub all in "I" class. Because eventually I'm ORD to DUB in business class, will I have lounge access in DFW?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:07 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by tfizzle
Quick questions, I"m travelling from pdx/dfw/ord/dub all in "I" class. Because eventually I'm ORD to DUB in business class, will I have lounge access in DFW?
Yes if the international biz class is same day.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by tismfu
It is not. They recently reopened the now-renovated bar area and it's back to charging for non-well beverages.
Thanks for the info! I ended up stopping by anyway, and it's a nice (albeit hectic and wide-open) setup.

I hope they don't change the showers much in A.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:08 pm

DFW Centarion Lounge Expansion Plans

Just read the following report from Frequent Business Traveler:

"American Express announced plans to build a larger Centurion Lounge at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and also added access to certain lounges at Munich Airport for Platinum and Centurion cardholders.

American Express is opening up a new Centurion Lounge that is 3,000 square feet (278 square meters) opposite the existing one, which is on the mezzanine in Terminal D near Gate 17.

The new lounge is expected to open in the first half of 2018 and will have three shower suites as well as private “telephone rooms.”"

http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler....s-in-munich-1/

It will probably open before the new AA Flagship Lounge at the rate they're going..
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:15 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I hope they don't change the showers much in A.
Bad news for fans of the "car wash" showers at DFW A: They're history. The showers are now closed, never to re-open.

A will eventually have 5 showers. I understand that they will NOT be the "car wash" variety.

Whilst the AC in A was refurbished with a "soft close" (it stayed open during construction), the renovation in D will be done with a "hard close" (i.e. completely closed) for 18 months. After renovations, the new D club will have an increased number of showers. (I was unable to confirm exactly how many showers.) While D is closed for 18 months, AC functions will be handled by "a temporary area".

Above info comes directly from AC AAngels. The existence of other, better information sources is certainly possible.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Bad news for fans of the "car wash" showers at DFW A: They're history. The showers are now closed, never to re-open.

A will eventually have 5 showers. I understand that they will NOT be the "car wash" variety.

Whilst the AC in A was refurbished with a "soft close" (it stayed open during construction), the renovation in D will be done with a "hard close" (i.e. completely closed) for 18 months. After renovations, the new D club will have an increased number of showers. (I was unable to confirm exactly how many showers.) While D is closed for 18 months, AC functions will be handled by "a temporary area".

Above info comes directly from AC AAngels. The existence of other, better information sources is certainly possible.
I just got an email this morning referring to renovations at the A AC, stating that "some amenities are unavailable, including showers."

WHY are they changing the car-wash showers (that's a good way to describe them)!? Those were the best things at DFW airport! There was no reason to re-model them. Alas, I hope the towel warmers are left. That was the only place I could enjoy a warm towel after showering.

Crazy to hear about the "hard close" at D, too. What will the temporary area be, a roped-off portion of D23 with a champagne table set out? Will non-AC pax have to sit and watch AC members and guests drink champagne and cocktails?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder

Crazy to hear about the "hard close" at D, too. What will the temporary area be, a roped-off portion of D23 with a champagne table set out? Will non-AC pax have to sit and watch AC members and guests drink champagne and cocktails?
I sure hope so!

All kidding aside, I can't imagine them closing the DFW D AC for renovations before the new Flagship Lounge opens, which will absorb a good chunk of the AA Int'l travelers, as well as the OWEs/OWS' that currently a relegated to the AC (unless they have access to the BA and QF lounges).
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:51 am

I just got an email this morning referring to renovations at the A AC, stating that "some amenities are unavailable, including showers."
That's an absolute fact. I was in DFW-A a few hours ago.
WHY are they changing the car-wash showers (that's a good way to describe them)!? Those were the best things at DFW airport! There was no reason to re-model them. Alas, I hope the towel warmers are left. That was the only place I could enjoy a warm towel after showering.
I expressed the same fondness for those erstwhile facilities. Perhaps it would have had more impact to express such fondness before they went bye-bye rather than after.
Crazy to hear about the "hard close" at D, too.
My report is mostly rumor, however it did come directly from several long-time AC AAngels. They readily admitted that frequent customers often know more than employees, and that employees are sometimes kept in the dark. But hey, FT is a place for data points, opinions and conjectures. Thus the info rightfully belongs here.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by econometrics
IMHO, the D AC >>> The Club.
I ended up going straight to, "The Club." It is an interesting place...there's one central check-in desk, and then they direct you to the sub-lounge for the appropriate airline. There must be at least 6 different sections. The BA one was at an end, and I think right next to the AA D lounge, but there isn't a door connecting them.

Restrooms and showers were in the central area. I'd guess 5-6 different shower rooms.

The BA lounge itself was quite small. If anyone has been to their IAH lounge, I'd say similar size. Actually similar spread of food and drink. A bit more substantial than the AA D lounge, with some sandwiches and similar. They had beer in a fridge just for the taking and wine out on the counter.

An odd thing...there were no cookies or other sweets out. Then about an hour before the BA flight someone came around with a tray. We were allowed to take one cookie and one square of cheesecake.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:31 am

Has anyone ever rented a conference room at an Admirals Club? Do you know how much they run per hour, or are they included in our membership fee?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Has anyone ever rented a conference room at an Admirals Club? Do you know how much they run per hour, or are they included in our membership fee?
AA.com shows the rates. http://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/clubs/admirals-club-conference-rooms.jsp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.