FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:28 am
brewdog11

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Bad news for fans of the "car wash" showers at DFW A: They're history. The showers are now closed, never to re-open.

A will eventually have 5 showers. I understand that they will NOT be the "car wash" variety.

Whilst the AC in A was refurbished with a "soft close" (it stayed open during construction), the renovation in D will be done with a "hard close" (i.e. completely closed) for 18 months. After renovations, the new D club will have an increased number of showers. (I was unable to confirm exactly how many showers.) While D is closed for 18 months, AC functions will be handled by "a temporary area".

Above info comes directly from AC AAngels. The existence of other, better information sources is certainly possible.
I just got an email this morning referring to renovations at the A AC, stating that "some amenities are unavailable, including showers."

WHY are they changing the car-wash showers (that's a good way to describe them)!? Those were the best things at DFW airport! There was no reason to re-model them. Alas, I hope the towel warmers are left. That was the only place I could enjoy a warm towel after showering.

Crazy to hear about the "hard close" at D, too. What will the temporary area be, a roped-off portion of D23 with a champagne table set out? Will non-AC pax have to sit and watch AC members and guests drink champagne and cocktails?