Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by AAway
Hello,
Does anyone have recent experience with the QF "room?" within the contract lounge area at DFW? I read the BA wiki; should I expect the same experience as documented there (is the same room, or whatever, used)? I'm flying QF8 on Saturday (economy; however I am in biz on the return :-) and am AA Plat; I should have access right? I'm also an AC member; should I skip the QF lounge and hit the familiar AC instead?
Thank you in advance for all of your insight,
It's a different room, but the food&beverage offering is the same as in the BA lounge (same contractor I think).

Food and beverages offering much better than in any of the DFW ACs, whether the space is nicer is a matter of taste I'd say.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
It's a different room, but the food&beverage offering is the same as in the BA lounge (same contractor I think).

Food and beverages offering much better than in any of the DFW ACs, whether the space is nicer is a matter of taste I'd say.

Quick question about the OW partner lounges at DFW.....are they easy to use by OW Sapphire/Emerald members flying on eligible itineraries on AA metal? Technically, ANY eligible OW-marketed, OW-operated flight gives ANY OW Sapphire/Emerald member the right to use ANY OW lounge. But some places (i.e. MIA) have dragons that try to keep the lounge for the pax of the operating carrier (BA, CX, etc) by directing AA pax to use the AC instead (which has inferior offerings).

I have not visited any of the non-AA oneworld lounges at DFW in a long time because I don't want to be turned away. However, I frequently connect on eligible international itineraries at DFW. Do any of you regularly use the non-AA lounges with success? Or is it always a big fight with the dragons to gain access?

I would love to check out the non-AA lounges operated by OW carriers but I don't want any more stress in my life if I have to worry about only a 50-60% chance that the dragons will allow me access.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
"

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Quick question about the OW partner lounges at DFW.....are they easy to use by OW Sapphire/Emerald members flying on eligible itineraries on AA metal? Technically, ANY eligible OW-marketed, OW-operated flight gives ANY OW Sapphire/Emerald member the right to use ANY OW lounge. But some places (i.e. MIA) have dragons that try to keep the lounge for the pax of the operating carrier (BA, CX, etc) by directing AA pax to use the AC instead (which has inferior offerings).

I have not visited any of the non-AA oneworld lounges at DFW in a long time because I don't want to be turned away. However, I frequently connect on eligible international itineraries at DFW. Do any of you regularly use the non-AA lounges with success? Or is it always a big fight with the dragons to gain access?

I would love to check out the non-AA lounges operated by OW carriers but I don't want any more stress in my life if I have to worry about only a 50-60% chance that the dragons will allow me access.
Some time in the past year they have made a change.. The BA lounge USED to be a regular BA Galleries lounge (with a F room), for example, but now it is called the "The Club at DFW" and on the OW site it says "Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways". Same for the QF lounge so they have made them impossible to visit w/o flying the respective airline. I used to go, and enjoy them before, but no more..
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53)

Okay, thanks. That's what I was afraid of. Oh well.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Some time in the past year they have made a change.. The BA lounge USED to be a regular BA Galleries lounge (with a F room), for example, but now it is called the "The Club at DFW" and on the OW site it says "Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways". Same for the QF lounge so they have made them impossible to visit w/o flying the respective airline. I used to go, and enjoy them before, but no more..
That's annoying, I used the BA lounge once when on an Intl AA ticket and it was quieter with better snacks. FWIW I think they did the same thing in PHX too.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: EXP
Best Amirals Club DFW

I am travelling through DFW from Hongkong First Class on AA, Which of the lounghe most classy or just simply the best of those I am eligible to enter ,
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by jack55
I am travelling through DFW from Hongkong First Class on AA, Which of the lounghe most classy or just simply the best of those I am eligible to enter
As the Admirals Clubs are still operating distinctly from US Airways Clubs, this question is being moved over to the relevant thread in the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled PLEASE READ ME BEFORE POSTING! Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum!. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Oct 2, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
I've been flying through DFW a lot recently.

Used the treadmill / rain shower body jet combo a few times. AWESOME!

Yesterday I had a layover in C and thought I'd shower since I wouldn't get in until past midnight. Turns out not all showers are created equal!

Are the B and D showers like the A showers, or like the C showers?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by riastradh
Hint - part of the A A/C used to be a Flagship Lounge.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by riastradh
I've been flying through DFW a lot recently.

Used the treadmill / rain shower body jet combo a few times. AWESOME!

Yesterday I had a layover in C and thought I'd shower since I wouldn't get in until past midnight. Turns out not all showers are created equal!

Only A-style showers are in A. They're worth going out of your way to use if you have the time. The D showers have some sort of multi-spray thing, as well, but from a central column, not from multiple sides.

IIRC, the gym portion of the A club was formerly a FL.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Does the D AC still allow smoking? The AA website only shows the smoking symbol for terminal A.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by Infinite97
Does the D AC still allow smoking? The AA website only shows the smoking symbol for terminal A.
Yes.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:52 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Infinite97
Yup - the A and D clubs at DFW both still have a smoking room.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Is the smoking room in D open once again? Over Xmas is was shut down due to ventilation issues.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Is the smoking room in D open once again? Over Xmas is was shut down due to ventilation issues.
Iirc, it was last week.

Friends, don't forget to check the wiki (look up) for information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.