FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:02 am
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
"

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Quick question about the OW partner lounges at DFW.....are they easy to use by OW Sapphire/Emerald members flying on eligible itineraries on AA metal? Technically, ANY eligible OW-marketed, OW-operated flight gives ANY OW Sapphire/Emerald member the right to use ANY OW lounge. But some places (i.e. MIA) have dragons that try to keep the lounge for the pax of the operating carrier (BA, CX, etc) by directing AA pax to use the AC instead (which has inferior offerings).

I have not visited any of the non-AA oneworld lounges at DFW in a long time because I don't want to be turned away. However, I frequently connect on eligible international itineraries at DFW. Do any of you regularly use the non-AA lounges with success? Or is it always a big fight with the dragons to gain access?

I would love to check out the non-AA lounges operated by OW carriers but I don't want any more stress in my life if I have to worry about only a 50-60% chance that the dragons will allow me access.
Some time in the past year they have made a change.. The BA lounge USED to be a regular BA Galleries lounge (with a F room), for example, but now it is called the "The Club at DFW" and on the OW site it says "Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways". Same for the QF lounge so they have made them impossible to visit w/o flying the respective airline. I used to go, and enjoy them before, but no more..