Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs & oneworld Lounges (Master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
My preference is the QF lounge over the others. Better drinks selection and some warm food options. Mind you that the Lounge Dragons in the common entry area for all the non-AC lounges (the AC has it's own entrance about 50 yards away) will try to steer you to the AC since you're on an AA flight. Be polite, but insist that you have the right to access either the BA or QF lounge being a BA Silver (OW Sapphire).
For future reference it should be noted that the BA and QF lounge are run by the same people and have exactly the same catering.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 1:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Last Friday I was in a DFW Admirals Club for the first time in four years, the C Concourse Club to be exact. I am happy to say the Club is still in very good shape, even though I still find the layout to be somewhat odd. That said, I like all the chair selections and that there are enough outlets and also the bar. Plus, the slightly upgraded snack selections, especially for breakfast, are nice. It was a good homecoming ^
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:57 am

I'm flying first class domestic to DFW, have about a 3 hour layover, and am then flying business to CDG with my girlfriend. I have two questions: First, I assume that we will be able to access the AC at terminal D due to our international business tickets both coming and going. I have been through these posts, but am confused. Some say you get only 2 chits for alcohol, others say you can go get more chits for more alcohol if you ask, still others say you only need chits for spirits. I checked on the AA website, and it seems that all alcohol costs money, but am not sure if this applies if you are flying business international. Which way is it? I have never been to an AC, but have been to Korean Air, Asiana, and Singapore Air clubs, and have found that they basically have an open bar where you help yourself. They also have a large selection of warm food free of charge. Can someone please enlighten me. Second question is if we will have access to the BA lounge, and is it worth going there?

Thank you.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by FlyerMonkey
I'm flying first class domestic to DFW, have about a 3 hour layover, and am then flying business to CDG with my girlfriend. I have two questions: First, I assume that we will be able to access the AC at terminal D due to our international business tickets both coming and going. I have been through these posts, but am confused. Some say you get only 2 chits for alcohol, others say you can go get more chits for more alcohol if you ask, still others say you only need chits for spirits. I checked on the AA website, and it seems that all alcohol costs money, but am not sure if this applies if you are flying business international. Which way is it? I have never been to an AC, but have been to Korean Air, Asiana, and Singapore Air clubs, and have found that they basically have an open bar where you help yourself. They also have a large selection of warm food free of charge. Can someone please enlighten me. Second question is if we will have access to the BA lounge, and is it worth going there?

Thank you.
Here is what you need to know. Because of your business class flight to CDG, you have access to any oneworld operated lounge at DFW, including all the Admirals Clubs. However, apparently the BA lounge there is operated by a third-party, so you need to be flying BA. Some people have had some luck, but general consensus is that it's inferior to the D AC. Some threads on the BA lounge:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ed-access.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Normally, only the cheap alcohol (Budweiser, well liquor, etc) is free in the AC, unless you an international passenger accessing the AC via status or class of service. In that case, you'll get 2 (sometimes only 1) drink chits, good for any premium drink or bottle of water. You may certainly go and ask for more at the desk. Or go to a different club and collect more.

Yes, most airline lounges elsewhere have a self serve bar. But airlines in the USA are different in that they offer paid memberships to their lounges, likely the reason for the restriction. You'll also find the selection of free food quite disappointing. But that's the way it is.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Some say you get only 2 chits for alcohol, others say you can go get more chits for more alcohol if you ask, still others say you only need chits for spirits. I checked on the AA website, and it seems that all alcohol costs money, but am not sure if this applies if you are flying business international.
I was just in the DFW A AC Sunday on an international F ticket and asked the AAngels for new chits twice, for a total of six (no, they weren't all for me!). The last time I asked she kind of furrowed her brow, but still handed them over. She did check my BP to make sure I was in a premium cabin, but I don't know if being in F made a difference.

Otherwise, do an AC "crawl" if you have time! You can go to any AC you want to, it doesn't have to be on the terminal you're departing from since you don't have to clear security, so check out as many as you can without missing your flight. You can get chits at them all when you check in, and the chits can be used at any AC in DFW; they are not terminal-specific.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:44 pm

Thank you both for clearing this up for me. So the basic booze/wine is just sitting there, and the premium stuff needs chits then. It's good to know that you can go back and get more when needed.

The AC "crawl" sounds interesting. It would be nice to see the different clubs, even if we don't spend a lot of time in each. Do you have to ask for the chits when you check in, or do they just offer them to you?
Old Sep 26, 2013, 1:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Do you have to ask for the chits when you check in, or do they just offer them to you?
As you know not all entrants to the club are due chits, but I've never had to ask for them when I'm due them. If you're entering based on status or class of service and are not offered chits, I'd suggest politely asking for them.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Microwave
As you know not all entrants to the club are due chits, but I've never had to ask for them when I'm due them. If you're entering based on status or class of service and are not offered chits, I'd suggest politely asking for them.
^ Agreed. If you present your BP which shows your're traveling in an international premium cabin, they should give them to you automatically, but if not, ask. My version is, "I thought I would get drink..." and before I can finish the AAngels jump in and say, "Of course! I'm so sorry!" and you're on your way.

If you're a paid member of the AC, though, showing your membership card may not be enough, as they probably won't look too far into your itinerary when they check you in. Your boarding pass is the best way to go.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by AAJetMan
Does B AAdmiral's Club DFW still offer the lockers? (I'd been away for a while.)
Any insight anybody?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by AAJetMan
Does B AAdmiral's Club DFW still offer the lockers? (I'd been away for a while.)
Yes. I was there yesterday and noticed them.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by Stripe
Yes. I was there yesterday and noticed them.
Very nice! Thanks Stripe.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Thank you both for clearing this up for me. So the basic booze/wine is just sitting there, and the premium stuff needs chits then. It's good to know that you can go back and get more when needed.

The AC "crawl" sounds interesting. It would be nice to see the different clubs, even if we don't spend a lot of time in each. Do you have to ask for the chits when you check in, or do they just offer them to you?
Note that even if you decide against crawling you can always go down and ask for more chits if you need them: they aren't limited, just an accounting tool.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
How is the access to the club in Terminal A? I know they are renovating the "middle" part of it now. I assume pre-check is still down at the high gate number end ? Of course, it might be moot and my flight may leave from C or D.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
How is the access to the club in Terminal A? I know they are renovating the "middle" part of it now. I assume pre-check is still down at the high gate number end ? Of course, it might be moot and my flight may leave from C or D.
No problem; access to the AC is open. Don't know about pre-check; I only transit through DFW.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
4 Admiral Clubs at DFW? Are they all the same?

Hey guys I have a layover this weekend in DFW and recently got the Citi AA card with Admiral Club access. I see there are 4 Admiral Clubs at DFW! Which one is the preferred one or are they all the same? I'm not sure what my gate is yet. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.