Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2015-17 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c announced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2015-17 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c announced

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
thanks econometrics...we will await an Announcement.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by geezersrule
thanks econometrics...we will await an Announcement.
I'm still scared about further SWU devaluation (i.e. Y -> PE; PE -> J). Am I the only one?

On another note, flew PE on CX between LAX and HKG a few weeks back. It's amazing how much of a difference PE makes. It's definitely not J, but the flight was very comfortable. I'm assuming AA's PE layout will be similar.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by brewdog11
I'm still scared about further SWU devaluation (i.e. Y -> PE; PE -> J). Am I the only one?

On another note, flew PE on CX between LAX and HKG a few weeks back. It's amazing how much of a difference PE makes. It's definitely not J, but the flight was very comfortable. I'm assuming AA's PE layout will be similar.
main benefit of flying PEY is that you don’t feel like you’ve come off a torture tube. You’re still tired, but you at least feel like after a good night sleep, you’ll be back to normal quickly. The 150% EQMs really help too and make you feel like your loyalty is rewarded more quickly and combine PEY with OW Sapphire privileges, the entire experience is somewhat ok without shelling out too much money.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EP
Well considering the wording on the website says "for now..." I think everyone is expecting that eventually it will
be Y to PEY and PEY to J

Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Well considering the wording on the website says "for now..." I think everyone is expecting that eventually it will
be Y to PEY and PEY to J
Something wicked this way comes...
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
be Y to PEY and PEY to J
It is already on other oneworld airlines, so I'd frankly be surprised if once PEY is standardized throughout the widebody fleet AA broke the precedent. I'm expecting the upgrade path to be Y -> PE, PE -> J.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
It is already on other oneworld airlines, so I'd frankly be surprised if once PEY is standardized throughout the widebody fleet AA broke the precedent. I'm expecting the upgrade path to be Y -> PE, PE -> J.
Personally, I'm expecting it to be a bit more complicated than that.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EP
Maybe the DL approach?
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Personally, I'm expecting it to be a bit more complicated than that.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:09 pm
Suspended

In my universe, I hope AA will allow elites to upgrade Y-PE using 500-miles certificate while reserve the upgrade to J to the usage of SWUs. So that GLD and PLT can burn their 500-miles certificate while PRO, EXP and friends can happily enjoy their exclusive access of SWUs and Y-J upgrade.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chongcao
In my universe, I hope AA will allow elites to upgrade Y-PE using 500-miles certificate while reserve the upgrade to J to the usage of SWUs. So that GLD and PLT can burn their 500-miles certificate while PRO, EXP and friends can happily enjoy their exclusive access of SWUs and Y-J upgrade.
PRO doesn't get awarded SWUs.. just saying..
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:01 pm

Premium Economy

I don't see a drop down bar to book premium economy. Do you just book economy and pay extra like you do for main cabin extra?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:03 pm

Perhaps it is not offered on your flight. It is a separate booking class and not part of economy.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by wesport
I don't see a drop down bar to book premium economy. Do you just book economy and pay extra like you do for main cabin extra?
Assuming this is a paid ticket and not an award ticket

If it is a route where Premium Economy is offered. then in the flight selection page, there will be 4 columns for "Main Cabin" , "Premium Economy", "Business" and "First" rather than just the 3

For an example, do a search for LHR-JFK
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Colleague just purchased ORD-VCE on a 788 and paid $150/seat/direction for the bulkhead row 8. His flights are in June, any conjecture as to what will happen if the retrofit is done in time? Would he get his $600 back and be told to pick from whatever is left? Or, since it says PEY will be behind J, might he end up in PE?

He definitely wants MCE (or PEY) for the flight, and I would feel bad for him if his 8 months lead time still somehow wasn't enough.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Gig103
Colleague just purchased ORD-VCE on a 788 and paid $150/seat/direction for the bulkhead row 8. His flights are in June, any conjecture as to what will happen if the retrofit is done in time? Would he get his $600 back and be told to pick from whatever is left? Or, since it says PEY will be behind J, might he end up in PE?

He definitely wants MCE (or PEY) for the flight, and I would feel bad for him if his 8 months lead time still somehow wasn't enough.
My guess is that his seats will change to the bulkhead row behind the premium economy cabin. But he should stay on top of his reservation to monitor any changes in the aircraft's configuration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.