Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2015-17 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c announced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2015-17 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c announced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Equipment will change to 789, which has premium economy, in November.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: alaska
Booked this for 2 for Seattle-LAX-Syd for next January at a rate that was only 200$ more than regular economy. Strangely booking from Seattle was cheaper than booking straight from LAX. Will snap a couple pics and report on the food/service/cabin if I can.

One other thing to note, since there is no PE product on SEA/LAX flight, American allowed me(automatically) to select the economy seats with extra leg room, without having to pay additional fees.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
772 PE routes before officially on sale

Looking for insight on how AA will deal with seat assignments on 772s that are retrofitted for PE and flying before Dec 15.

It looks like all 772 routes show the current seat config (rows 13 to 17 MCE) and I have ORD-FCO and FRA-DFW flights in November with seats in rows 13 or 14.

Assuming a retrofit ends up on these routes (rows 13 to 15 PE, 17 to 19 MCE) will I stay in the PE rows?

I don't see a pattern of seats blocked on these flights that would seem to correspond to the possibility of a retrofit being on the route in Nov.

Last edited by mwk190; Jul 4, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by mwk190
Looking for insight on how AA will deal with seat assignments on 772s that are retrofitted for PE and flying before Dec 15.

It looks like all 772 routes show the current seat config (rows 13 to 17 MCE) and I have ORD-FCO and FRA-DFW flights in November with seats in rows 13 or 14.

Assuming a retrofit ends up on these routes (rows 13 to 15 PE, 17 to 19 MCE) will I stay in the PE rows?

I don't see a pattern of seats blocked on these flights that would seem to correspond to the possibility of a retrofit being on the route in Nov.
PE seats on those routes will be considered MCE until Dec 14 2017.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by fedechat
PE seats on those routes will be considered MCE until Dec 14 2017.
Thanks. Perhaps more specifically I'm trying to gauge the likelihood of a retrofit showing up based on the seat maps currently available, e.g. does anyone have similar experience with the dreamliner conversions where they booked an MCE seat that ended up being PE.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mwk190
Thanks. Perhaps more specifically I'm trying to gauge the likelihood of a retrofit showing up based on the seat maps currently available, e.g. does anyone have similar experience with the dreamliner conversions where they booked an MCE seat that ended up being PE.
I booked one last week. I then called the EXP line to verify that all was well. The agent said they are sold as MCE but you won't get the other PE services.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: DL, AA PLT, US, HH Gold, BW Diamond, Avis PP, Choice PLT
I see in he release they say extra baggage allowance but online I don't see any mention of baggage allowance. Does anyone know the baggage allowance for premium economy?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Anyone have any experience with the headphones offered in PY? Are the similar to the Bose QC-15 noise cancellling headsets currently offered in J?

I'm scheduled to fly LAX-SYD next year and wondering if I need to bring along my QC-25, or if I can lighten my load if AA provide a decent alternative?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
Anyone have any experience with the headphones offered in PY? Are the similar to the Bose QC-15 noise cancellling headsets currently offered in J?

I'm scheduled to fly LAX-SYD next year and wondering if I need to bring along my QC-25, or if I can lighten my load if AA provide a decent alternative?
Yes, similar.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by oysterhead43
Yes, similar.

Thank you for the information. I guess I'll leave the Bose headphones at home for this particular trip. They will stilll however make the trip to LHR at Christmas as even the headphones in BA First don't come anywhere close to the Bose headphones.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA EP
It's just like J or F -- if there are seats left over, they don't just fill them up for the sake of filling them up. If u want PEY. Buy PEY.

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
This sounds just completely ridiculous. Borderline absurd. AA really needs to get its act together and fast.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
PE to Hawaii

Tonight's schedule change added PE to DFW-HNL and DFW-OGG on 772 equipment starting 15DEC17 (as well as a few other seasonal Hawaii routes). P and W inventories are viewable on ExpertFlyer.

I've been told that e500 upgrades will be available both for Y>F and PE>F.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:10 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Will PE>F upgrades be prioritized above Y>F? I wonder if a gold PE>F trumps an EXP Y>F?

If they're the same priority, it seems reasonable that if you score a PE>F upgrade then AA should refund the price differential between PE and Y.

But that will never happen.
Originally Posted by sensei
Tonight's schedule change added PE to DFW-HNL and DFW-OGG on 772 equipment starting 15DEC17 (as well as a few other seasonal Hawaii routes). P and W inventories are viewable on ExpertFlyer.

I've been told that e500 upgrades will be available both for Y>F and PE>F.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EP
Ha ha ha ha.!

they don't do that now on say Dfw Mad or CDG if u get a C upgrade. You don't get the difference between Y and PEY back.

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Will PE>F upgrades be prioritized above Y>F? I wonder if a gold PE>F trumps an EXP Y>F?

If they're the same priority, it seems reasonable that if you score a PE>F upgrade then AA should refund the price differential between PE and Y.

But that will never happen.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
My first AA PE flight tomorrow. I had choices for any seats for my wife and I, and selected the bulkhead ones due to the leg rests. Hope the proximity to the lavs isn't going to be too much of an issue, but we'll find out.

I was able to pre-select my meals, so at least I know what to expect on that front, but looking forward (kind of) to find out what the complete package entails. Will report back.

The good news is we'll have a chance to enjoy the QF F lounge in LAX for a few hours beforehand, so we'll be well pampered before the flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.