Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2015-17 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c announced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2015-17 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c announced

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by econometrics
I have not seen that reliably confirmed or denied yet.

My bet is that they will not remove any J seats, as the PE refit is a more simple process - take out existing Y seats and replace them with PE.

If they are planning on removing J seats, they will have a much more complicated refit process.

But it's DP's AA, so who knows.
I have no idea what they'll do, but, given AA's attempt at widebody fleet simplification and the need for "denser" 777-200ERs due to costs, I'd figure they would take out the eight seats in J and replace the whole cabin between door two and door three with the 37J/24W/212Y configuration. At least there will be one configuration, although 19 aircraft would have the motion across the ocean product, which from the sounds of it is still not been properly fixed. Since AA has only reconfigured the "low J" 772s with W, I'm sure its a decision that has not been finalised yet or was recently finalised and will wait until the rest of the fleet is complete before finishing off the 13 45J aircraft.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:30 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by econometrics
I have not seen that reliably confirmed or denied yet.

My bet is that they will not remove any J seats, as the PE refit is a more simple process - take out existing Y seats and replace them with PE.

If they are planning on removing J seats, they will have a much more complicated refit process.

But it's DP's AA, so who knows.
I recall reading somewhere during the zodiac fiasco that the 37J configuration is going to be the standard configuration going forward and they will reconfigure the 45J ones at some point down the road. I always presumed once they are done with all the retrofitting.

With the aggressive PE installation schedule, I don't think there is any slack to reconfigure the J cabin at this point and those birds probably will remain 45J for a bit.

Those Zodiac J seats suck so I'd be fine if they install the B/E J seats and reconfigure to 37J.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Those Zodiac J seats suck so I'd be fine if they install the B/E J seats and reconfigure to 37J.
Don’t hold your breath. 6 37J 772s and the whole 788 fleet have the Zodiac seat. Those 13 45J Zodiac frames will keep that seat. The only question is whether there will be 45 or 37 of them.

UA will come out of all the US3 refits the winner, as they will have the most J seats on their widbodies.

Granted, Polaris installs won’t be complete for another 10 years at the pace they are going. Ha.

The current thread can be found here.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 8, 2019 at 1:01 pm Reason: Add moderator note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.