Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2015-17 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c announced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2015-17 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c announced

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Looking at 10 June, for example, rows 16-19 are ( as mentioned ) Premium Economy seats, though it appears (looking at available booking classes) that AA is currently not offering Premium Economy for sale and so the rows are allocated to Economy

It may be that by June, AA will be offering Premium Economy for sale and then those seats will be available by rebooking into Premium Economy
If AA does not start selling PE by that time, then those seats I expect will become available close to departure date
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
The AA fleet site reports that the first 77W, N721AN, either has undergone or is undergoing the PE retrofit, with a new config of 8F 52J 28W 216Y (26 of which are MCE). This config almost certainly marks the end of 3-3-3 MCE on that bird.
77W PE seatmap is loaded. I'm looking at JFK-LHR which shows 2-4-2 PE, with most MCE seats in the back. I can count 26 MCE if 30AB are non-MCE. All "couple" seats are either MCE or preferred whereas on 772, couple seats on the last three rows are regular seats.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:25 pm

Looked at most all 77W flights on July 1 on EF. Most seem to show PE seats.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zski1
Mini Trip Report:

I flew AA 6 (OGG-DFW) on Dec 15 which, I believe, was the first day that Hawaii service PE tickets were sold with PE being a separate class.
I flew AA 7 DFW-OGG a few weeks ago before PE was sold on this route. I was lucky and had chosen a seat at booking that became a PE seat because of the a/c type. I was in 13J so I had what I would consider likely the best row of PE seats on the 772 with the extending footrest. I didn't get all the bells and whistles of PE since it wasn't rolled out yet, but seeing your report makes me think I didn't miss too much. I honestly don't think PE is worth that big of a price difference like you said, if MCE is available for far less.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SpinOn2
I flew AA 7 DFW-OGG a few weeks ago before PE was sold on this route. I was lucky and had chosen a seat at booking that became a PE seat because of the a/c type. I was in 13J so I had what I would consider likely the best row of PE seats on the 772 with the extending footrest. I didn't get all the bells and whistles of PE since it wasn't rolled out yet, but seeing your report makes me think I didn't miss too much. I honestly don't think PE is worth that big of a price difference like you said, if MCE is available for far less.
The one thing to consider too is PE does get extra EQM's right?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by uscjeff
The one thing to consider too is PE does get extra EQM's right?
Yup, 150% EQMs Which are helpful for running up that balance. Even if you’re still a bit EQD poor and need to keep going on those, the extra EQMs can take you towards the bonus SWUs when you cross the EQD threshold.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012

Yup, 150% EQMs Which are helpful for running up that balance. Even if you’re still a bit EQD poor and need to keep going on those, the extra EQMs can take you towards the bonus SWUs when you cross the EQD threshold.
My thoughts exactly!
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
I think we need precise date info to resolve this. For June 1 through June 6 AA56/57 are operated by a 772. After that it becomes a 77W.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:02 pm

I posted in another thread - but my LAX/LHR RT in June on the 77w fired off seat alerts overnight and sure enough got hit with this change. Its for sure PE. Interestingly enough it reassigned me in PE on the outbound - 5 other seats assigned then rest blocked. Way home I am back in row 20 in MCE - all of PE is blocked
Old Dec 17, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: alaska
LAX-Syd in early Jan, no ability to pre-select meals at the moment...
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
I´ve had the same thing for all MCE and MC seats on AA144 on Jan 23rd and AA34 on Jan 24th. From one day to the other everything was blocked(as I can´t imagine they all got reserved in that few hours). On the website they are blocked, but on EF they are still showing normal. What could it be?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/7.0MM
The 77W PE addition plan is underway

Similar situation LAX-LHR-LAX mid March and mid May

March flights unchanged. May flights we have retained our former MCE seats (we were the only 2 shown as occupied) but they are now a place holder for PE

VFTW has a report that a soft seatmap load shows the PE in a 2-4-2 configuration ant temporary blocked until the actual A/C flying is known. MCE will be 3-4-3 behind PE.
Late June is the anticipated cutover

American's Boeing 777-300ER Reconfiguration Plan Revealed - View from the Wing

Last edited by skydiver; Dec 18, 2017 at 12:26 pm Reason: Fixed cutover date
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by skydiver
Similar situation LAX-LHR-LAX mid March and mid May

March flights unchanged. May flights we have retained our former MCE seats (we were the only 2 shown as occupied) but they are now a place holder for PE

VFTW has a report that a soft seatmap load shows the PE in a 2-4-2 configuration ant temporary blocked until the actual A/C flying is known. MCE will be 3-4-3 behind PE.
Late June is the anticipated cutover

American's Boeing 777-300ER Reconfiguration Plan Revealed - View from the Wing
Does anyone know a way to override EF not letting you put alerts on blocked seats? In the event I end up back on a 77w without PE would love to snag row 16 again. Though this flight is 6/24 so per the above the reconfig should be done then since PE goes ons ale 2 days later
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by gdam22
LAX-Syd in early Jan, no ability to pre-select meals at the moment...
i did wonder about that. The AA blurb mentions enhanced meal service. A previous post indicated that the meal in PEY was the same as that offered in Y, so I thought perhaps the ability to pre order was the enhancement. I have a LAX-SYD-LAX trip in April next year and there is an inactive choose your meal link (too far out) showing, but I'm going out in J, so that may be the reason for that.

Last edited by Reetmafreen; Dec 18, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: alaska
Yeah, I asked support and they just said sorry, look later due to LAX catering issues.

Normally for PEY you are able to select. Wondering if they will even have PEY meals.

Last edited by gdam22; Dec 18, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.