Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
How did you rebook a CX award *not* through the phone rep? What does "my end" mean??
I suspect "my end" refers to the BA site.

I have booked CX awards on the BA site when the awards couldn't be located by BA phone agents. I even kept a BA agent on the phone as I clicked through, then gave him the PNR, to which he exclaimed "how did you do that?"

Just like BA web and AA res don't sync with availability. BA web and BA res don't necessarily sync either.

Jamie
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United
How did you rebook a CX award *not* through the phone rep? What does "my end" mean??
To clarify, I had 2 award bookings in J for CX. One was via AA (phone rep) and one via BA (web booking). I ended up changing the BA one which allows you to make changes/cancellations online (supposedly) but it didn't work for me so I had to phone in. The BA rep wasn't seeing the availability that I saw on their website and recommended I cancel the booking and rebook via the website (on my end)

If I switched my AA award, I wouldn't have a choice but to phone in. The reason why I had a BA award on CX because they are the only partner that allows miles/points to cover infant lap seating. If I booked my child under AA award, then I'd still end up paying over $1000 in fees for J. My goal was to spend the least out of pocket.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, got it - that wasn't clear from the post. This is the AA forum, usually people are talking about booking AAdvantage awards. @:-)
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I'm flying in seven days on CX881* and my (2) parents are booked (no status) on an AA pre-deval J award on a flight 8 hours later. I've been diligently looking everyday for award space for them but no dice.

Does anyone care to hazard a guess as to whether J award space will open up given these loads? Does CX offer a Same-Day Flight Change-esque program that I'm not aware of?

CX881 F5 A5 J7 C7 D6 I6 W5 R5 E4 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S7 N5 Q2 O0
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Thanks! If anyone comes across a 1F on Jan 6/7/8 out of LAX/SFO please PM me Other hubs are ok but would be difficult to connect from PHX. I have been looking daily but no luck.
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Which sites are you using to look up availability - long/medium/short term?
Mostly BA, rarely QF. From recent messages, it seems I should start looking T-15 days on BA and then switch to QF T-6?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:38 pm

AA reward ticket on cathay (name issue - to merge)

folks

My first name is comprised of two words separated by a space and the AA reward forgot to include the 2nd word to Cathay. Hence, Cathay is missing part of my first name

Is it worthwhile going through the hassle of issuing a new PNR or is this unlikely to pose an issue at JFK & HKG during check-in?

Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sam007
folks

My first name is comprised of two words separated by a space and the AA reward forgot to include the 2nd word to Cathay. Hence, Cathay is missing part of my first name

Is it worthwhile going through the hassle of issuing a new PNR or is this unlikely to pose an issue at JFK & HKG during check-in?

Thanks
How does your name appear on your AAdvantage account? (Was this award ticket booked with miles from your account?)
Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:47 pm

It was booked using miles from another account but during reservations, instead of giving them passenger names, I gave them all AA numbers but they messed up nevertheless
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:22 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the AA Forum.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:27 pm

I would not touch it if it was autofill from your aadvantage
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:54 am

CMB to HKG on Biz class award

I have been checking British Airways website for the last 2 months on a regular basis checking for CMB to HKG on January 8, 2017.

Is Cathay Pacific not releasing any Biz award closer to the date of departure anymore?

Or is there something with the British Airways website to check for availability?

Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metoo
I have been checking British Airways website for the last 2 months on a regular basis checking for CMB to HKG on January 8, 2017.

Is Cathay Pacific not releasing any Biz award closer to the date of departure anymore?

Or is there something with the British Airways website to check for availability?

Thanks
Most likely you're too early. Try back starting 2 weeks beforehand.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Does CX release regional awards closer to departure date? I'm looking for HKG-KUL for Y or J.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:10 am

Most likely you're too early. Try back starting 2 weeks beforehand.
I will be leaving mid December. I redeemed the AA miles prior to devaluation. I was able to redeem HKG to LAX on First class but only CMB to HKG on economy was available.

Will I be able to change the CMB to HKG from economy to biz class without any penalty? I do not have any AA status.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 77W_12A
That's why I won't book on ctrip. Those RMB 15,000 fares on AA in J. They'll get you a seat, but that seat might not earn miles.

It's a shame with Avios. Can't do anymore last minute trips to BKK. I can still redeem on RJ and UL, but the problem with them is they don't have the frequency.
Never had a problem with these tickets, I've probably used 5 or 6 of them. Always get miles and always get upgraded to first. Feel free to keep paying $1500 more on aa.com for the same ticket though! :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.