Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"Fast Track" and Corporate Challenges
These are mostly targeted or tied to a corporation

"Fast Track" challenges may (or not) offer interim status kept if specified terms (usually EQM and EQD minima within a given time period) and may be for one status level (occasionally even to Executive Platinum) depending on the offer and target group. (If the challenge is not met, interim status is rescinded.) Offers have been offered to a AA flyers marketing targets because they opine they might fly more and retain status, a subset of LinkedIn members, members of competing FFPs, members signing up for Founders Card, etc. (Requesting these when one was not targeted is generally useless.)

Corporate status challenges are offered to employees of certain companies. (One can not apply for such a challenge other than through the existence of such a challenge where one is employed.)

Corporate and fast track status challenges may vary in their detail: some may confer interim status and confirm it after the challenge threshold has been met, some allow purchasing status for a period but requiring flight activity to extend beyond. Please be sure to read the terms and conditions of any corporate status challenge offered you, because it may differ in detail from those discussed here.

Most of these status challenges require flying to earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles on "American Airlines, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Qantas, as well as eligible codeshare flights" (these are AA Joint Business Venture partners).

Most fast track challenges are targeted, and if someone who was not targeted attempts to sign up the attempt is usually reflected.

Previous posts have been archived to this thread.

Please read on for details, or to add information to the thread: ARCHIVE: "Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge

Updated 10 Feb 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by knit-in
Not sure what I did to deserve the honor of this offer. I have ZERO EQD, EQMs. I have been crediting my somewhat frugal AA travel to Alaska.
I'm not sure either. I got the Gold offer with 7000 EQM/$1000 EQD to extend. The only earning activity I've had in the past year is a BOS-LGA flight and a few AAdvantage Dining points. I recently redeemed 110,000 miles and I just canceled my AAdvantage Platinum card. I've had the account for about 26 years, though, and never had status -- maybe it has something to do with longevity?

This is perhaps a good marketing move by AA, as it might sway a bit of spending to AA to earn the extension and then more in the next 19 months to try to take advantage of it. Still doubt I'd do any flying or spending I wouldn't have absent the offer, though. Now if I'd gotten the 25K offer, that would be another story -- $1000 for a trip, 25K, and status through early 2019 might be worth it.

Seth
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
Not immediately PLT yet, so I don't think she will get up to PLT right away unless she meets these requirements.

Reach status faster

Fly on American or other eligible airlines* and earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) between the date you register and September 22, 2017, and you’ll receive status through January 31, 2019.

Elite status level EQMs EQDs
Gold 7,000 $1,000
Platinum 12,500 $2,000
Platinum Pro 20,000 $3,000
Executive Platinum 35,000 $4,000
I got something similar. Only thing is is I'm at 78,000 EQM and $10,500 EQD, so rather useless to me at this point now. Need to find some cheap domestic MRs this month. My trip to LHR next month should net me another $1200 EQD and 11,000 EQM.

My last trip LA-SYD via HK on CX in E gave me 35,000 EQM and $4750 EQD.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: All the programs!
I guess I should let my status lapse more so AA will try to win me back instead of merely trying to sell me status.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
To use anything you have to buy a ticket and fly relatively soon, and if you don't you won't get to keep status or use the upgrades since they stopped allowing them to be used on full Y fares (except EXP per wiki which of course is a moot point for this).

OP: enjoy!
I am confused, and there are 812 posts in that thread.
Why would they allow them to be used for lower fare classes, but not for Y?
They still last forever, right?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mvoight
I am confused, and there are 812 posts in that thread.
Why would they allow them to be used for lower fare classes, but not for Y?
They still last forever, right?
In the past, non elites could use e500s on full Y fares, but it practically never made any sense as discounted F fares were usually cheaper anyways.

Now, that option has been eliminated and non elites cannot use e500s at all.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I got an offer to renew my expired PLT status for cash!!
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt, SPG Platinum
Hmmm I received no such promotion. 74k EQM and $14k EQD year to date. With no paid flights booked so far the rest of the year (although there will be).
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by oopl
I guess I should let my status lapse more so AA will try to win me back instead of merely trying to sell me status.
My elite status lapsed several years ago and I have never gotten these types of targeted offers.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM
I got it as well, my offer was $2000 EQD and 12.5k EQM. I've already re qualified for Delta Diamond so this will be nice. Any good MRs from the east coast?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
And if you're not plat yet, you probably don't have much EQD spending yet, or probably not enough to bump another existing plat passenger trying to use one of their own 500-milers to upgrade. So no threat to others really.

OP: enjoy!
True, if you look at the world through those Platinum colored glasses you're wearing.

But these temporary Plats with their stacks of available upgrade stickers will certainly bump Golds trying to upgrade, no matter how many EQDs the Golds have.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by swag
True, if you look at the world through those Platinum colored glasses you're wearing.

But these temporary Plats with their stacks of available upgrade stickers will certainly bump Golds trying to upgrade, no matter how many EQDs the Golds have.
FWIW, the no. of 500 Mile Certs linked to my newly promoted Platinum account is still a lean mean 0.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:23 am

Interesting, I got the following

As a valued Citi® / AAdvantage® cardholder, we'd like to offer you the opportunity to earn American Airlines AAdvantage® Gold status in two simple steps.
Step 1. Enroll in this special offer by July 31, 2017.*
Step 2. Use your Citi® / AAdvantage® card(s) to spend a net of $15,000 in purchases from date of enrollment through August 31, 2017.

After reaching your qualifying spend, you’ll enjoy AAdvantage® Gold status — with exceptional benefits like upgrades, complimentary Preferred Seats and much more — through January 2018.†
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:07 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Got this too, my history with AA is that when they merged with US I was Gold with US through gifting, that became PLT, I flew enough to earn GLD last year, then dropped to nothing this year. This year I was at 6 EQS/3,100 EQM/$463 EQD, but I did purchase four paid First Class MSP-HNL tickets recently for travel this Thanksgiving (me plus my family).

My offer to keep Platinum longer:

Keep status longer
To extend your elite benefits through January 31, 2019, earn $5,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) on American or other airlines for travel between the date you register and September 22, 2017.**

Pfft ... I have 28 paid segments on Delta this year and $3,664 MQD, and that's buying first class on about half my trips.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by knit-in
FWIW, the no. of 500 Mile Certs linked to my newly promoted Platinum account is still a lean mean 0.
ditto here ^
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
Not immediately PLT yet, so I don't think she will get up to PLT right away unless she meets these requirements.

Reach status faster

Fly on American or other eligible airlines* and earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) between the date you register and September 22, 2017, and you’ll receive status through January 31, 2019.

Elite status level EQMs EQDs
Gold 7,000 $1,000
Platinum 12,500 $2,000
Platinum Pro 20,000 $3,000
Executive Platinum 35,000 $4,000
Please alert me when there is a promotion for CK "Reach Status Faster"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.