Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"Fast Track" and Corporate Challenges
These are mostly targeted or tied to a corporation

"Fast Track" challenges may (or not) offer interim status kept if specified terms (usually EQM and EQD minima within a given time period) and may be for one status level (occasionally even to Executive Platinum) depending on the offer and target group. (If the challenge is not met, interim status is rescinded.) Offers have been offered to a AA flyers marketing targets because they opine they might fly more and retain status, a subset of LinkedIn members, members of competing FFPs, members signing up for Founders Card, etc. (Requesting these when one was not targeted is generally useless.)

Corporate status challenges are offered to employees of certain companies. (One can not apply for such a challenge other than through the existence of such a challenge where one is employed.)

Corporate and fast track status challenges may vary in their detail: some may confer interim status and confirm it after the challenge threshold has been met, some allow purchasing status for a period but requiring flight activity to extend beyond. Please be sure to read the terms and conditions of any corporate status challenge offered you, because it may differ in detail from those discussed here.

Most of these status challenges require flying to earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles on "American Airlines, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Qantas, as well as eligible codeshare flights" (these are AA Joint Business Venture partners).

Most fast track challenges are targeted, and if someone who was not targeted attempts to sign up the attempt is usually reflected.

Previous posts have been archived to this thread.

Please read on for details, or to add information to the thread: ARCHIVE: "Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge

Updated 10 Feb 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My daughter got that offer after she bought a paid transcon business class ticket.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:02 pm

it's not much of a risk to AA to offer it, even the 20 credits for 500-mile upgrades.

To use anything you have to buy a ticket and fly relatively soon, and if you don't you won't get to keep status or use the upgrades since they stopped allowing them to be used on full Y fares (except EXP per wiki which of course is a moot point for this).

And if you're not plat yet, you probably don't have much EQD spending yet, or probably not enough to bump another existing plat passenger trying to use one of their own 500-milers to upgrade. So no threat to others really.

OP: enjoy!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
I got the same thing today. I'm Gold on UA, and recently flew three segments within Germany on Air Berlin (crediting to AA.)

My status updated almost instantly but don't see any of the 500 milers in there yet.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:48 pm

Wife - Offer from GLD to EXP. More like Challenge...

Not immediately PLT yet, so I don't think she will get up to PLT right away unless she meets these requirements.

Reach status faster

Fly on American or other eligible airlines* and earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) between the date you register and September 22, 2017, and you’ll receive status through January 31, 2019.

Elite status level EQMs EQDs
Gold 7,000 $1,000
Platinum 12,500 $2,000
Platinum Pro 20,000 $3,000
Executive Platinum 35,000 $4,000
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:06 pm
Suspended

A couple of the previous times/versions:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ade-hvfp1.html
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:17 pm

I just got this, too. Free up to PLT and 20 stickers. I've basically abandoned AA year to date, I guess they took note!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:58 pm

No cost targeted fast track offer to non corporate employee received today. Target person has zero aa miles flown this year..

Reach American Airlines AAdvantage® elite status faster.

Earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) between the date you register and September 22, 2017, and you'll receive status through January 2019.
Elite status level EQMs needed EQDs needed
Gold 25,000 7,000 $3,000 $1,000
Platinum 50,000 12,500 $6,000 $2,000
Platinum Pro 75,000 20,000 $9,000 $3,000
Executive Platinum 100,000 35,000 $12,000 $4,000
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:17 pm

My wife got this today as well. I'm guessing they probably won't send a physical elite status membership card but anyone know if we can request one?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by jgor123
My wife got this today as well. I'm guessing they probably won't send a physical elite status membership card but anyone know if we can request one?
FWIW I put the app back on my phone, and the card from the app shows Plat already.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I have 250 EQD with about 4352 EQM/2 EQS and got free gold til September 22nd.

And then there's

To extend your elite benefits through January 31, 2019 and receive 25,000 bonus miles, earn 7,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and $1,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) on American or other eligible airlines for travel between the date you register and September 22, 2017.**
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
And if you're not plat yet, you probably don't have much EQD spending yet, or probably not enough to bump another existing plat passenger trying to use one of their own 500-milers to upgrade. So no threat to others really.
Exactly what I was thinking; would have been very different response under the old "time of request" upgrade prioritization plan though.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:26 pm

25k bonus miles sounds nice.
Too bad they can't be redeemed for much anymore certainly not biz sAAvers
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Wow! They really have been giving it away!

Not sure what I did to deserve the honor of this offer. I have ZERO EQD, EQMs. I have been crediting my somewhat frugal AA travel to Alaska.

The Citi co-branded CC, I suppose?

One of the perks of not chasing status, perhaps!

I am uncertain how best to use it though, now that I have it. Most of my travel for the year, barring something that comes up, is planned already. But for one India- North America trip that is yet to be fixed that most probably will fall during the time frame of this promo. I have been looking at JAL Biz. I imagine there will be some status bonus points attached with being Plat.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by knit-in
The Citi co-branded CC, I suppose?
Nah.

Originally Posted by knit-in
...I am uncertain how best to use it though, now that I have it.
I wouldn't bother.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:14 pm

TBH my offer kind of sucks - no PQM requirement, only $5000 PQD requirement. Little chance of that happening by September 22nd. Would sooner have gotten a xx,000 miles + $1-2K PQD offer as that would have been more realistic for my travel patterns.

I assume they gave me the offer knowing that since I was flying within Germany and lived in the US, I had to have gotten to Germany somehow, and they knew it wasn't on them....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.