Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"Fast Track" and Corporate Challenges
These are mostly targeted or tied to a corporation

"Fast Track" challenges may (or not) offer interim status kept if specified terms (usually EQM and EQD minima within a given time period) and may be for one status level (occasionally even to Executive Platinum) depending on the offer and target group. (If the challenge is not met, interim status is rescinded.) Offers have been offered to a AA flyers marketing targets because they opine they might fly more and retain status, a subset of LinkedIn members, members of competing FFPs, members signing up for Founders Card, etc. (Requesting these when one was not targeted is generally useless.)

Corporate status challenges are offered to employees of certain companies. (One can not apply for such a challenge other than through the existence of such a challenge where one is employed.)

Corporate and fast track status challenges may vary in their detail: some may confer interim status and confirm it after the challenge threshold has been met, some allow purchasing status for a period but requiring flight activity to extend beyond. Please be sure to read the terms and conditions of any corporate status challenge offered you, because it may differ in detail from those discussed here.

Most of these status challenges require flying to earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles on "American Airlines, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Qantas, as well as eligible codeshare flights" (these are AA Joint Business Venture partners).

Most fast track challenges are targeted, and if someone who was not targeted attempts to sign up the attempt is usually reflected.

Previous posts have been archived to this thread.

Please read on for details, or to add information to the thread: ARCHIVE: "Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge

Updated 10 Feb 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott LtP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
EXP Status Challenge

Okay I'm switching from UA to AA and my challenge period will be from 10/30/19 to 1/30/19. With my current flights on my itinerary I need to take a one week trip to somewhere and amass 18K EQM and 2.4K EQD. Any suggestions?
My home airport is DFW and I don't mind connections. My buddy may come with me and some of the options were Bali, Ireland, KEF (not sure they fly there), Capetown, anywhere else? If it's Asia a stop over in NRT or HND is great for a day. I want to spend at least two days in the other places.
Reminder: I can only fly AA, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia or JAL. Premium Economy or low cost Business care (less than 2K USD) can work if it can be found.
Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks guys!

Last edited by harvardkim; Oct 17, 2019 at 8:24 pm Reason: updated the EQM & EQD Requirements
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Although I can’t address your current questions what is your goal with AA? You sound like a displaced and rightfully so p’off 1K in lieu of their recent qualification changes. I’m also dfw based. MCE is free for exp’s and you’ll be in bulk head or exit rows on 738’s, 320’s or 321’s. Free streaming and comp BOB. I wouldn’t count on upgrades though as they are slim to none from this airport.
harvardkim likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
The easiest way to do this would be a N/S to Europe RT. In J, DFW-CDG is going to be just short of 20,000 EQM, DFW-FCO will be more than enough, not sure about DFW-FRA. Round trips in J on unpopular dates in January are running below $2,500. Hopefully the link below will work.

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...5*2.USD.231735

Having said this, I agree with the previous post on the benefits of EXP at DFW.
harvardkim likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott LtP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Thanks enviroian that's good perspective on the situation. I just appreciate some of the non-stop flights so I can spend more time with my family. It's been a real bummer that they once again took down the DFW to LAX non-stop route but then again, hopefully they bring it back (again).
Old Oct 26, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA
Does Qantas domestic (within South Pacific) flights count for EQD for AA FastTrack Challenges?

AA said all qantas flights have an AA flight number.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by cloudsys
Does Qantas domestic (within South Pacific) flights count for EQD for AA FastTrack Challenges?

I'm interested in this also. Will be booking some Qantas domestic flights (within Australia) soon. Codeshares weren't coming up on the AA site for paid tickets, although some were bookable as Awards.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 4:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by cloudsys

Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes
I'm interested in this also. Will be booking some Qantas domestic flights (within Australia) soon. Codeshares weren't coming up on the AA site for paid tickets, although some were bookable as Awards.
QF should count like AY, BA, IB and JL now that they have a Business Agreement with AA and the new EQM earnings are in place. A call can verify that. Posting the result of the call will help other FTers.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:48 pm

How long does it take for AA to process the match once you send in proof of status on United from your corporate email?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.