Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"Fast Track" and Corporate Challenges
These are mostly targeted or tied to a corporation

"Fast Track" challenges may (or not) offer interim status kept if specified terms (usually EQM and EQD minima within a given time period) and may be for one status level (occasionally even to Executive Platinum) depending on the offer and target group. (If the challenge is not met, interim status is rescinded.) Offers have been offered to a AA flyers marketing targets because they opine they might fly more and retain status, a subset of LinkedIn members, members of competing FFPs, members signing up for Founders Card, etc. (Requesting these when one was not targeted is generally useless.)

Corporate status challenges are offered to employees of certain companies. (One can not apply for such a challenge other than through the existence of such a challenge where one is employed.)

Corporate and fast track status challenges may vary in their detail: some may confer interim status and confirm it after the challenge threshold has been met, some allow purchasing status for a period but requiring flight activity to extend beyond. Please be sure to read the terms and conditions of any corporate status challenge offered you, because it may differ in detail from those discussed here.

Most of these status challenges require flying to earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles on "American Airlines, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Qantas, as well as eligible codeshare flights" (these are AA Joint Business Venture partners).

Most fast track challenges are targeted, and if someone who was not targeted attempts to sign up the attempt is usually reflected.

Previous posts have been archived to this thread.

Please read on for details, or to add information to the thread: ARCHIVE: "Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge

Updated 10 Feb 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Platinum
Just got my platinum Pro challenge authorized. It's really too bad American's dollar requirement is Global unlike Delta and United's.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Quick question for the board...

I have a coworker who was offered (via direct email from AA) a gold status fast track. He has not completed this and hasn't reached the end date yet, however he would now like to sign up for a paid PLT status challenge. AA is telling him that they can not do it - he can't pay for a PLT challenge until after the end date for this gold status fast track they offered him. Do they have any way of cancelling this gold fast track in order to allow him to sign up for a PLT challenge, or does he truly just have to wait it out?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EP
One at a time. Did he ask AA if the can cxl out the corp glad challenge? What did they say?

Originally Posted by asf-07
Quick question for the board...

I have a coworker who was offered (via direct email from AA) a gold status fast track. He has not completed this and hasn't reached the end date yet, however he would now like to sign up for a paid PLT status challenge. AA is telling him that they can not do it - he can't pay for a PLT challenge until after the end date for this gold status fast track they offered him. Do they have any way of cancelling this gold fast track in order to allow him to sign up for a PLT challenge, or does he truly just have to wait it out?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
One at a time. Did he ask AA if the can cxl out the corp glad challenge? What did they say?
the agent said he could not. I suggested a HUACA, but haven't heard the result of that yet.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AA PLT, IHG Spire
Well as an additional datapoint for this board, I asked about a status challenge to my corporate travel manager, and got gifted platinum instead when she asked AA!

I can't even call it a match as I don't currently have status with anyone...

Guess that means I will enjoy the status on the 16 segments I have planned for the rest of the year!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Delta, United, AA
I have a targetd platinum challenge i am registered for. My question is based on the terms it looks like i can fly one world partners and qualify, you don't even need to touch AA metal, is that correct?

I need to fly 12,500 qualifying miles or 16 segments and then the kicker is I need $2,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars. LATAM seems to offer their EQMs as a % of per miles flown not money spent. I am thinking about a trip to South America or Europe i can probably come close to qualifying off that if done correctly. Anyone have any tips on how to search for a good mileage run to qualify, my schedule is very flexible.

Last edited by bdlman; Sep 6, 2017 at 11:55 pm
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bdlman
I have a targetd platinum challenge i am registered for. My question is based on the terms it looks like i can fly one world partners and qualify, you don't even need to touch AA metal, is that correct?

I need to fly 12,500 qualifying miles or 16 segments and then the kicker is I need $2,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars. LATAM seems to offer their EQMs as a % of per miles flown not money spent. I am thinking about a trip to South America or Europe i can probably come close to qualifying off that if done correctly. Anyone have any tips on how to search for a good mileage run to qualify, my schedule is very flexible.
The answer to your first question is probably "yes", but since we're not privy to the terms of your specific offer you will have to read it carefully to be sure. And even if you are allowed to do it without AA-marketed flights, it is quite possible that flights on LATAM will not count.

AA bases EQM on distance regardless of marketing airline; it is EQD where they differ. AA says that you earn its EQD and RDM from LATAM-marketed flights (or any partner flights) based on distance as shown in their various partner tables. So, yes, flying partners in high enough fare classes can be a way to earn EQD faster than flying on AA. And remember that "marketed" is what matters -- what airline is identified in your flight number, not who actually flies the plane.

This forum discusses AA Mileage Runs.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; Sep 8, 2017 at 12:01 pm Reason: corrected non-AA to AA
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Delta, United, AA
The fast track is from Founder Card. Weirdly I don't see LAN or LATAM listed as an option. It says flights on American Airlines, Iberia, Finnair, BA, and Japan Airlines qualify.

Thanks, for the link on mileage runs. I am trying to play with google flights. I basically have October available, am trying to see a mileage run I can do to try to chip a large part of this challenge off and also see some place fun. I don't need an instant turn around, trying to see what from the northeast NYC, BOS, BTV, BDL or YUL is available, looks like probably Europe based on the airlines.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bdlman
The fast track is from Founder Card. Weirdly I don't see LAN or LATAM listed as an option. It says flights on American Airlines, Iberia, Finnair, BA, and Japan Airlines qualify.
In this context, not all that weird-- all the listed airlines are JBV partners of AA. LAN is not
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:31 pm

So having officially dropped from AA Plat -> AA Kettle- status a month ago, I just received one of the corporate status challenge emails.

Question is... what's the downside if I register and fail to complete? Does that start a clock where I can no longer attempt a challenge for "x" years?

Most of my travel for the offered 3-month window is already booked, and 95% on DL/SkyTeam... not really sure I can hit the EQD spend.

Thanks FT!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
So having officially dropped from AA Plat -> AA Kettle- status a month ago, I just received one of the corporate status challenge emails.

Question is... what's the downside if I register and fail to complete? Does that start a clock where I can no longer attempt a challenge for "x" years?

Most of my travel for the offered 3-month window is already booked, and 95% on DL/SkyTeam... not really sure I can hit the EQD spend.

Thanks FT!
I got the same corporate offer as well..
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:47 pm

Pro tip:​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ before you book anything on this offer be sure you get official confirmation from AA.

I was just told my offer was sent to me "as a glitch" and they would not honor it!
​​​​​​​
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:00 pm

is anyone showing platinum yet for their founderscard challenge? I had a gold trial from AA that was complimentary (never framed as a challenge/fast treack) so I worry that's causing an issue..
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by PRoth59
is anyone showing platinum yet for their founderscard challenge? I had a gold trial from AA that was complimentary (never framed as a challenge/fast treack) so I worry that's causing an issue..
I called again, they basically said “don’t worry about it, we believe it will show up on the 22nd”. But I never got an email confirmation, status hadn’t updated. So I haven’t made any effort to book AA.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:07 pm

In the past have people had any luck with any status matches with another airline in the promo period?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.