Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"Fast Track" and Corporate Challenges
These are mostly targeted or tied to a corporation

"Fast Track" challenges may (or not) offer interim status kept if specified terms (usually EQM and EQD minima within a given time period) and may be for one status level (occasionally even to Executive Platinum) depending on the offer and target group. (If the challenge is not met, interim status is rescinded.) Offers have been offered to a AA flyers marketing targets because they opine they might fly more and retain status, a subset of LinkedIn members, members of competing FFPs, members signing up for Founders Card, etc. (Requesting these when one was not targeted is generally useless.)

Corporate status challenges are offered to employees of certain companies. (One can not apply for such a challenge other than through the existence of such a challenge where one is employed.)

Corporate and fast track status challenges may vary in their detail: some may confer interim status and confirm it after the challenge threshold has been met, some allow purchasing status for a period but requiring flight activity to extend beyond. Please be sure to read the terms and conditions of any corporate status challenge offered you, because it may differ in detail from those discussed here.

Most of these status challenges require flying to earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles on "American Airlines, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Qantas, as well as eligible codeshare flights" (these are AA Joint Business Venture partners).

Most fast track challenges are targeted, and if someone who was not targeted attempts to sign up the attempt is usually reflected.

Previous posts have been archived to this thread.

Please read on for details, or to add information to the thread: ARCHIVE: "Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge

Updated 10 Feb 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Registration with code HV1MT seems to only work if you were targeted.
Bummer. Didn't work. Guess I wasn't targeted.

I think this is a good reminder to check email preferences, because I had them all turned off.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
In addition to HV1MT, there's also HV1PL. Neither worked on my account. Not a huge deal but would've been nice as I have some AA flights coming up.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:16 pm

How messed up is it that I would have gladly smashed HV1MT to the full 35k/$4k, but have almost no interest in even trying for the one I was targeted for (HV1PL)?

I've been Delta Diamond for 3 years running. I've been doing weekly last minute booked RT east coast to Hawaii (~$1500/RT) the last two months. I would have happily switched over 4 of those to get Executive Platinum, and maybe actually given AA a try for a while... But for some strange reason switching over two of them to get bland platinum is quite unappealing.. And will probably result in my taking zero flights with AA, as usual.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:34 pm

AA fast track

Not sure if this on the forum or not. Got an offer from AA. Looks good?
Attached Images  
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Please read the Wikipost and other posts as appropriate.

/Moderator
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP
Hello guys, i am so upset that there are no Plat pro or EXP challenges this year for the public.

Does anyone know if any of the Big 4 accounting firms have a targeted challenge right now? We've gotten them in the past but it doesn't seem like anything is active now.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP
Also; any more promo codes to try on the registration page link?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by dubstyle311
Also; any more promo codes to try on the registration page link?
If you're not in the target audience, a promo code won't work from someone else. Corporate promos require an invitation, usually set up within the company travel department and a company email is necessary to register.

There was a widespread challenge invitation that ended a few weeks ago and qualification is thru May so doubtful another promo will start before that one ends, but you never know.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Has anyone received instant gold recently?

I know someone who did and no one here or any blogs that I saw has mentioned it for 2017 so I'm curious how they got it.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Has anyone received instant gold recently?

I know someone who did and no one here or any blogs that I saw has mentioned it for 2017 so I'm curious how they got it.
I got a mailer with an instant platinum offer. I have no idea why they targeted me. I had only about 10,000 EQM last year and declined an earlier offer to buy up to gold status. Deal is fly 12,500 EQM and $2000 EQD by 5/26. I am going to meet that with already planned travel, so I didn't see a downside.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by mauve
Deal is fly 12,500 EQM and $2000 EQD by 5/26. I am going to meet that with already planned travel, so I didn't see a downside.
Oh, interesting... My friends deal was no catch. Instant gold and dont need to meet any requirement... I was hoping there was some rhyme or reason for it so i can get targeted for the offer. =)
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Platinum or Gold Status – "on us" (Comp Temp Status Offer)

Just received this email. Anyone else get it?

Platinum status – on us. Enjoy complimentary status through September 22.

You’ve been selected to receive complimentary American Airlines AAdvantage® Platinum status through September 22. You’ll experience all the benefits of Platinum status. Plus, we’ll give you twenty 500-mile upgrades just for registering — no strings attached.

Sounds too good to be true. Wonder if its a phishing scam.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
I got one for Gold... Not phishing, my account has already been updated.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
20 500 mile upgrades? Solid.

Really wish I could earn some of those as an ex plat so I'd have something to use when traveling with my SO.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Wonder how they're targeting.

Just registered. No status yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.