Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"Fast Track" and Corporate Challenges
These are mostly targeted or tied to a corporation

"Fast Track" challenges may (or not) offer interim status kept if specified terms (usually EQM and EQD minima within a given time period) and may be for one status level (occasionally even to Executive Platinum) depending on the offer and target group. (If the challenge is not met, interim status is rescinded.) Offers have been offered to a AA flyers marketing targets because they opine they might fly more and retain status, a subset of LinkedIn members, members of competing FFPs, members signing up for Founders Card, etc. (Requesting these when one was not targeted is generally useless.)

Corporate status challenges are offered to employees of certain companies. (One can not apply for such a challenge other than through the existence of such a challenge where one is employed.)

Corporate and fast track status challenges may vary in their detail: some may confer interim status and confirm it after the challenge threshold has been met, some allow purchasing status for a period but requiring flight activity to extend beyond. Please be sure to read the terms and conditions of any corporate status challenge offered you, because it may differ in detail from those discussed here.

Most of these status challenges require flying to earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles on "American Airlines, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Qantas, as well as eligible codeshare flights" (these are AA Joint Business Venture partners).

Most fast track challenges are targeted, and if someone who was not targeted attempts to sign up the attempt is usually reflected.

Previous posts have been archived to this thread.

Please read on for details, or to add information to the thread: ARCHIVE: "Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge

Updated 10 Feb 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:41 am

Can anyone please confirm if we get any SWU's after completing the Exec Plat challenge?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
I don't recall signing up for any challenges but this past weekend I noticed that my non-existing profile went to platinum level. I've had a recent string of trips in F that may have flagged my profile in the system.

Two days ago I got one email informing me I met the challenge to be gold and then I received an email saying I'm now platinum. I have about 3k EQM's to go if I want to achieve Exec Plat. The expire date I've been granted is January 2018. Wow! Enticing indeed!!

Just might make it for last challenge as a few more trips have been planned before my Dec 15th deadline.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
I don't recall signing up for any challenges but this past weekend I noticed that my non-existing profile went to platinum level. I've had a recent string of trips in F that may have flagged my profile in the system.

Two days ago I got one email informing me I met the challenge to be gold and then I received an email saying I'm now platinum. I have about 3k EQM's to go if I want to achieve Exec Plat. The expire date I've been granted is January 2018. Wow! Enticing indeed!!

Just might make it for last challenge as a few more trips have been planned before my Dec 15th deadline.
Id you have 3k EQM to get to EXP i would definately do that 👍👍👍
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by pony_trekker
Completed a targeted challenge

Frequent Delta flyer who signed up on May 23 but didn't take first trip until 6/17. Completed challenge on 9/9. Given platinum but ONLY until 2/17, instead of 1/31/18, which pissed me off as I wouldn't have bothered -- also never got my additional 25k miles. Also targeted match NEVER said anything about 2/17.

I called AA and they said, give it two weeks. Two more days until this extended date shows up supposedly and nothing yet.
Sorry, should have posted, they extended until 1/18 and gave me the 17 miles exactly after two weeks.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Hi all,

Also, I am a NYC based flier. Do you think AA Platinum and no status on Delta is better than having AA Gold and Delta Silver?

Not really. Delta is pretty important because it goes more places nonstop than American does. I am locked on silver which is why I could afford the AA Platinum. AA platinum is pretty good though. They upgraded me a lot where there was a 1C seat.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Completed platinum challenge yesterday - I'm showing Platinum status through 1/31/18, and bonus 25,000 miles posted immediately.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: AADVANTAGE
Fast Track - Elite Status AAdvantage (to merge)

Hi. Did any one receive the email from AA with the promotion code?! I need the promotion code to register. Can someone share it with us?! Thanks a lot.

Sign up Use the promotion code you received from us to register before you travel; valid until March 8, 2017.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...itle=fasttrack
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat
You can't register using someone else's code/email as you have to personally be sent and targeted for this type of offer.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Use the code sent to you. It won't work for any other person. If you do use someone else's code, it will be invalidated and both you and that person will lose the opportunity.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

linked in one from 1.5 yr ago worked for everyone despite all sorts of targeted etc language... perhaps promo codes evolved to be truly personalized since then - i don't know as i haven't seen one..
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
They're so stupid. They put an eqd requirement on all challenges, even targeted ones. Why? If their algorithms told them to pursue a customer, why make it that much harder to acquire.
They totally don't understand that this is a long term investment. They can't give away short term status without eqds?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE
Last time they did a promotion such this one I used the code a friend received and it worked perfectly. I flew the necessary Miles and got the Executive Platinum status and the systemwide upgrades, which I used without any problem. Even if they made available more than one code it seems not really linked to a particular aadvantage account. So, please!!! If anyone has received the invitation email with the promotion code it would be great if could share it with us.... Thanks.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jay_dubya
They're so stupid. They put an eqd requirement on all challenges, even targeted ones. Why? If their algorithms told them to pursue a customer, why make it that much harder to acquire.
They totally don't understand that this is a long term investment. They can't give away short term status without eqds?

And the investment that AA wants is the spending of money. Someone may look like a potential target, but still want to make sure that the person actually is worth having
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Spending 4k to get exp doesn't show someone is actually worth having. It just seems petty.
Delta and United don't have revenue requirements on any challenges, even requested ones. I understand AA having an eqd requirement on standard challenges, because anyone can request one, but not on a targeted offer.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Spending 4k to get exp doesn't show someone is actually worth having. It just seems petty.
Delta and United don't have revenue requirements on any challenges, even requested ones. I understand AA having an eqd requirement on standard challenges, because anyone can request one, but not on a targeted offer.
AA wants people to spend a certain amount of money to get status the regular way. That is who they consider valuable enough for the status. If they are going to have an EQD requirement to get status the standard way, it makes sense to have an EQD for getting fast tracked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.