Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"Fast Track" and Corporate Challenges
These are mostly targeted or tied to a corporation

"Fast Track" challenges may (or not) offer interim status kept if specified terms (usually EQM and EQD minima within a given time period) and may be for one status level (occasionally even to Executive Platinum) depending on the offer and target group. (If the challenge is not met, interim status is rescinded.) Offers have been offered to a AA flyers marketing targets because they opine they might fly more and retain status, a subset of LinkedIn members, members of competing FFPs, members signing up for Founders Card, etc. (Requesting these when one was not targeted is generally useless.)

Corporate status challenges are offered to employees of certain companies. (One can not apply for such a challenge other than through the existence of such a challenge where one is employed.)

Corporate and fast track status challenges may vary in their detail: some may confer interim status and confirm it after the challenge threshold has been met, some allow purchasing status for a period but requiring flight activity to extend beyond. Please be sure to read the terms and conditions of any corporate status challenge offered you, because it may differ in detail from those discussed here.

Most of these status challenges require flying to earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles on "American Airlines, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Qantas, as well as eligible codeshare flights" (these are AA Joint Business Venture partners).

Most fast track challenges are targeted, and if someone who was not targeted attempts to sign up the attempt is usually reflected.

Previous posts have been archived to this thread.

Please read on for details, or to add information to the thread: ARCHIVE: "Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge

Updated 10 Feb 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Spending 4k to get exp doesn't show someone is actually worth having. It just seems petty.
Delta and United don't have revenue requirements on any challenges, even requested ones. I understand AA having an eqd requirement on standard challenges, because anyone can request one, but not on a targeted offer.
I don't really understand why so many people have problems with EQDs. I travel for business and I always reach spending thresholds far before I meet mileage or segment thresholds for status
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.1MM, SPG Plat
Its all well and good for someone whose employer pays for their travel, but for people who pay out of their own pocket creates a problem.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I don't really understand why so many people have problems with EQDs. I travel for business and I always reach spending thresholds far before I meet mileage or segment thresholds for status
I have no problem with EQD requirements in general. I just think that AA should be offering targeted challenges without them. They're asking a potential new customer to give them a chance - and they're being petty about it. It's not like $4k in EQDs really justifies making someone an EXP anyway, so all they're accomplishing is advertising that they're afraid of being taken advantage of.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
EQDs are not even that hard to get. I currently have more EQDs accrued than the actual dollars I have spent on the tickets (taxes included). And none of it paid J or F.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
So because you aren't affected you don't understand that others are? My pattern happens to be a lot like yours ($20k spend in 2016, 135k EQM, 140 EQS), but I don't find it hard to see how it'll be a lot harder for a lot of folks to get status. Two RT transcons a month in economy used to get you EXP; if they're less than $500 they won't this year. And that doesn't even get into the mileage-runner crowd that forms a big part of the core of FT...I'm willing to bet some of the most frugal flyers around here got their 2016 EXP done for really shockingly low dollar amounts.

Of course lots of people have noted that AA has pretty good reasons for doing what they're doing. In addition to the oft-cited "uh, they want high-revenue pax" part, I'd also point out the less-often-heard "as it turns out, a passenger who pays $500 to fly through 14 stopovers from home halfway across the world and back without ever leaving the airport at his destination costs the airline a lot more than $500, and thus the airline doesn't want their FF program to incentivize that sort of thing." Really it's pretty amazing mileage runs lasted this long. And given the weird way EQDs work on partners...they're still not quite dead.

But anyway, regardless of whether AA is justified in adding EQDs, it's not hard to see why a lot of people aren't happy about it.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by bse118
EQDs are not even that hard to get. I currently have more EQDs accrued than the actual dollars I have spent on the tickets (taxes included). And none of it paid J or F.
They aren't hard to get but you do have to have the money. Not all of us have someone else paying the way.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bse118
This is actually true for me too. Out of curiosity, did you engineer that on purpose (e.g. buying specific codeshares or partner tickets that were calculated on distance) or was it just by accident? In my case somehow the return half of my COU-DFW-HKG trip got recorded as a "special fare" but I don't know why. I successfully used SWUs both directions. Forward half earned 264 EQD, 8611 EQM, 2904 RDM; return earned 935 EQD, 9111 EQM, 10123 RDM. For a total price including tax of $760, 1199 EQD ain't bad!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Fast track to AAdvantage elite status - email promotion

My wife just got email from AA (no status currently) offering significantly lower requirements for EQM and EQD:

Earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) between the date you register and May 26, 2017, and you'll receive status through January 31, 2018.

Elite status level EQMs needed EQDs needed
Executive Platinum 35,000 $4,000
Platinum Pro 20,000 $3,000
Platinum 12,500 $2,000
Gold 7,000 $1,000

Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:39 pm

received it as well. Flew ~20k miles with american last year. Unfortunately have flown ~5k in the last week which would have nearly knocked out this challenge. Currently only have award travel scheduled for the next several month but I see no reason not to register as I will likely have a few flights to book.

Any downside to registering and then not hitting the threshold? I have no plans to pay for a challenge any time soon.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Don't see any downside as there is no fee involved.
if you don't hit the qualification levels you're no worse off than if you hadn't registered.

By the way my wife had one paid ticket in 2016 and has never had status with AA.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Coldagglutanin
received it as well. Flew ~20k miles with american last year. Unfortunately have flown ~5k in the last week which would have nearly knocked out this challenge...
I believe in previous years you could retroactively apply flights within 3 weeks of the challenge and have them count, but I'm not sure. You'd have to call AA, but I'd think it'd be worth it if you had a good chance to reach your desired level.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Have found the webpage to register, though it asks for the emailed... pity

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...itle=fasttrack
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I received this as well. I don't even remember my last paid flight on AA. According to the email I also get 20 500-mile upgrades.

I'll probably go for it.

Last edited by txflyer77; Feb 10, 2017 at 9:34 pm
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by txflyer77
I received this as well. I don't even remember my last paid flight on AA.

I'll probably go for it.
I'll take a promo code if you don't think you'll use it
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Registration with code HV1MT seems to only work if you were targeted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.