FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   "Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1694703-fast-track-corporate-status-challenge-master-thread.html)

marckane Jan 30, 2016 10:10 am

Platinum or Gold Status, "on us" (Comp Temp Status Offer + Challenge)

Platinum Promotion
http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...m-01052016.xml

Gold Promotion
http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...d-01052016.xml

Has anyone been able to find the promotion codes for either the Gold or Platinum offers?

I have 2 RT flights (LAX-CLO) to Colombia in the next 8 weeks so I would be able to satisfy the Platinum criteria.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

LovePrunes Jan 30, 2016 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by marckane (Post 26105899)
Platinum Promotion
http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...m-01052016.xml

Gold Promotion
http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...d-01052016.xml

Has anyone been able to find the promotion codes for either the Gold or Platinum offers?

I have 2 RT flights (LAX-CLO) to Colombia in the next 8 weeks so I would be able to satisfy the Platinum criteria.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Promo site you provided says
"This is an exclusive offer only for members who received a letter directly from American Airlines"

If you didn't get a letter, you're not likely going to get the status. Even if you manage to get a registration confirmation using someone else's code. AA does it that way a lot. Won't matter if you find a code from someone else. Hopefully you'll get the offer in the mail so you can participate; good luck.

ANZ787900 Jun 21, 2016 5:33 am

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Looks like this deal is back for selected corporates. Offer expires 7 July. 90 day challenge. EXP requires 35,000 EQM (different from the EQP requirement last year). PLT requires 12,500 EQM and GLD requires 7,000 EQM.

tooltrash Jun 21, 2016 8:00 am

link

did it come with a link? I got an email this am but no way to sign up??

JonNYC Jun 21, 2016 8:04 am

Originally Posted by tooltrash (Post 26809597)
did it come with a link? I got an email this am but no way to sign up??

If you got an email offering it to you, I'd suggest that signing up for it shouldn't be all that much of a challenge.

zhaofa90 Jun 21, 2016 10:00 am

Originally Posted by ANZ787900 (Post 26809042)
Looks like this deal is back for selected corporates. Offer expires 7 July. 90 day challenge. EXP requires 35,000 EQM (different from the EQP requirement last year). PLT requires 12,500 EQM and GLD requires 7,000 EQM.

Do they ever publish a list of companies that this is eligible for? I work at a pretty large company that has a status match contract with AA. However, they are not great at sending out communications in regards to these promos (signed up using link from friend at another company). I went ahead and signed up anyways using my corporate e-mail address but no indication of whether or not my company is eligible (received generic registration confirmation email).

ANZ787900 Jun 22, 2016 1:59 am

Originally Posted by zhaofa90 (Post 26810195)
Do they ever publish a list of companies that this is eligible for? I work at a pretty large company that has a status match contract with AA. However, they are not great at sending out communications in regards to these promos (signed up using link from friend at another company). I went ahead and signed up anyways using my corporate e-mail address but no indication of whether or not my company is eligible (received generic registration confirmation email).

At least one of the companies mentioned earlier in this thread is eligible. I doubt they publish a list of eligible companies.

Non-NonRev Jun 22, 2016 2:17 am

Originally Posted by zhaofa90 (Post 26810195)

Communicate with your company's corporate travel managers and ask them what might be available. That is their job.

neversaynever Jul 7, 2016 8:23 am

Hi guys. Does anyone know if one can use friend's working email address to sign up for the challenge? got a lot of friends in big 4 but most of them don't care about stuff like this. unfortunately i don't work for any of the targeted companies...

wonder if AA would check credentials, or at least match last names to the working email address.

Rockferd Jul 7, 2016 10:07 am

Originally Posted by neversaynever (Post 26882562)
Hi guys. Does anyone know if one can use friend's working email address to sign up for the challenge? got a lot of friends in big 4 but most of them don't care about stuff like this. unfortunately i don't work for any of the targeted companies...

wonder if AA would check credentials, or at least match last names to the working email address.

I wouldn't advise doing that. Your friends would stand to get their company in trouble if they reconciled the employee list.

zpaul Jul 7, 2016 10:18 am

There's a matching process, as well (I seem to remember something about it, at least). Since most corporate emails incorporate the name of the person into the address, it might raise a flag if [email protected] asked to be enrolled using an Aadvantage account in the name of Sam Johnson.

surftb15 Jul 7, 2016 3:08 pm

Email address must be in your name. So even if you have an email like [email protected] it won't be eligible.

TrojanHorse Jul 14, 2016 4:41 am

Would these types of challenges be disclosed in the corporate contract? if so, do you know what section of the corporate contract?

GlobalMatt Jul 31, 2016 10:19 am

Originally Posted by prs5117 (Post 25959174)
Hi Everyone,

AA has announced the 2016 Platinum Challenge Requirements (you can get the info by phone 888-697-5636) as 12500 EQM in 90 days.

What is the cheapest way to reach this goal based out of Newark or Philadelphia?

Well I'm late to the table here :eek:, but I do know that through The Founders Card, (FC) one can embark on these AA Platinum status challenges annually. Each year the terms change a little bit, but this is definitely worth considering for those who have missed out on status challenges :td:, or were not invited/don't qualify, etc.:td:

The normal membership for FC is $795:confused:, but if you go through TPG, you get it for $395, and if you value AA Platinum at about $3000 like I do, paying the $395 is like getting AA Plat at an 87% discount. ^^^^^ Even though the Plat status is only $240 if you do it through American Airlines, The FC comes with a slew of other benefits. That nets out to paying only $155 for the remaining FC card benefits (such as Cathay status and the coveted Ceasar's Total Rewards Diamond Status). I myself am a FC member, and heard about it from Lucky and TPG.

For anyone who travels at least 3 times a year, they should strongly consider this alternative way of taking the Platinum Status challenge. :) What's more to like about this status: THEY GIVE YOU A PLATINUM STATUS TRIAL DURING THE QUALIFYING PERIOD. :):):):):):):) More FT coverage on FC here.

For more reading on the Diamond Status with Caesar's there is a good FT post here.

Hope some folks find this helpful!

SpammersAreScum Jul 31, 2016 11:25 am

Originally Posted by meunger11 (Post 26994060)
Well I'm late to the table here :eek:, but I do know that through The Founders Card, (FC) one can embark on these AA Platinum status challenges annually. Each year the terms change a little bit, but this is definitely worth considering for those who have missed out on status challenges :td:, or were not invited/don't qualify, etc.:td:

The normal membership for FC is $795:confused:, but if you go through TPG, you get it for $395, and if you value AA Platinum at about $3000 like I do, paying the $395 is like getting AA Plat at an 87% discount. ^^^^^ Even though the Plat status is only $240 if you do it through American Airlines, The FC comes with a slew of other benefits. That nets out to paying only $155 for the remaining FC card benefits (such as Cathay status and the coveted Ceasar's Total Rewards Diamond Status). I myself am a FC member, and heard about it from Lucky and TPG.

For anyone who travels at least 3 times a year, they should strongly consider this alternative way of taking the Platinum Status challenge. :) What's more to like about this status: THEY GIVE YOU A PLATINUM STATUS TRIAL DURING THE QUALIFYING PERIOD. :):):):):):):) More FT coverage on FC here.

For more reading on the Diamond Status with Caesar's there is a good FT post here.

Hope some folks find this helpful!

There are several obvious questions:

1. The TPG page you link to says fee is only $395 with a provided discount which "is valid through the end of February, 2015". Did they extend that, or do you know of a new valid one?

2. How does the FC magically get around the AA challenge limitations of:
- can't use to renew status
- can't use more than twice every 5 years
? Has AA agreed (in writing) to waive these for FC members?

3. Do the airline/hotel/car discounts require somehow booking through FC, or do members get discount code?