Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Shawn02139
American Airlines AirPass PrePaid Travel

NOTE: The program is Airpass; no longer named "AAirpass"
Link to AirPass front page

Link to aa.com AirPass contact and links page.

Prepaid, Unrestricted Air Travel at a Fixed Rate

As an AirPass member, you won’t have to search for fares or pay extra for last-minute trips. Your airfare is pre-paid at a fixed rate and your account is ready when you need to travel to any of the more than 350 destinations in the combined American Airlines and US Airways network.
AirPass offers significant savings on fares (as well as guaranteed last seat availability) for flyers who know they will fly a lot but find themselves buying expensive last minute walk-up level fares.

AirPass, depending on level of purchase, includes status and may include up to Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership, or even Concierge Key, which includes both.

AirPass members get a courtesy drink and a snack if they're traveling in Coach, much as Executive Platinums do; unlike Executive Platinums, their traveling companion does also.

14 Jan 2016 jmappleby said: "...they take credit via wire transfer at $10k (Gold), $20k (Platinum), $30k (EP). Concierge Key is available for $50k individual spend or $75k team spend."
AirPass can be for different classes of service, and except for "PlanAAhead Economy", book into Y, J or F classes (and in 2016 will earn AA Elite Qualifying Miles at Y, J or F levels) and for Economy AirPass flyers offers "instant upgrade" fares that book into A for First or D for Business. These may not be available on all routes, however, and the legal routes may change during your contract.

Contact AirPass

AirPass Customer Service
800-433-6355
817-931-9029 - Fax

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CT)

Send us a letter
FedEX / UPS / Overnight mail
American Airlines
AirPass Customer Service
4255 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 4106
Fort Worth, TX 76155

U.S mail
American Airlines, Inc.
AirPass Customer Service
P.O. Box 619616
MD 4106
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9616
You can get indicative pricing here: https://airpass.aa.com/vt-customer/c...ervations.html
The best deal seems to be the -UP fares, where you pay the standard economy, but book a confirmed seat into business
Print Wikipost

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Bttc
Anyone have any tips for finding Y-Up fares valid for Asia? I can find them pretty easily for Europe, but they seem to be virtually absent from Asia.
They've never been offered in Asian markets.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:20 am

SYD--> DFW AirPass J / F

Hi,

does anyone one here have any information as it pertains to pricing (J and / or F) for:

SYD--> DFW --> SYD or SYD--> IAH--> SYD ?

i am looking to make the trek down under every 3 / 4 weeks for 1-2 years. Any insights as to pricing you've seen would be much appreciated!

also, is AA metal required? (Yes, I'm thinking QF codeshare... once Anti-trust issues put to bed...)

cheers,
Leo
Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:51 am

If Y-UP is available, it will be about 4.5k. If not, about 8k.

Probably not a great deal, since I don't think Y-UP is available.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by LeoMIASYD
Hi,

does anyone one here have any information as it pertains to pricing (J and / or F) for:

SYD--> DFW --> SYD or SYD--> IAH--> SYD ?

i am looking to make the trek down under every 3 / 4 weeks for 1-2 years. Any insights as to pricing you've seen would be much appreciated!

also, is AA metal required? (Yes, I'm thinking QF codeshare... once Anti-trust issues put to bed...)

cheers,
Leo
Yes, AA Metal is required, so you would need to fly to IAH or DFW via LAX (ie you can't fly any QF codeshares, like the nonstop to DFW).
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Is it just me or is the new fare-table signifcantly less favorable?
Old May 16, 2017, 4:16 pm

I'm considering getting our company signed up for Airpass as a fairly significant corporate contract. Does anyone have any experience with how negotiable per mile rates are or recent real life rates that have been offered? Just curious on what's realistic across the bands.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Anyone have experience with putting AAirpass membership on either AMEX Plat (do you get 5x for travel booked with airlines) or Chase Reserve (do you get the 3x for travel)?

I asked the AAirpass rep but he didn't know the answer.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by cphurley
Anyone have experience with putting AAirpass membership on either AMEX Plat (do you get 5x for travel booked with airlines) or Chase Reserve (do you get the 3x for travel)?

Definitely couldn't pay for aairpass with any CC when I was a customer. Has that changed?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob

No credit card payment allowed.
What forms of payment do you accept with the AirPass program?

Wire Transfer, Cashier’s Check, and UATP. No credit cards are accepted.
https://smlogin.aa.com/login/SMVTEquestions.jsp
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by usafltg
I'm considering getting our company signed up for Airpass as a fairly significant corporate contract. Does anyone have any experience with how negotiable per mile rates are or recent real life rates that have been offered? Just curious on what's realistic across the bands.
I've not seen any reports.

But if it's a really significant corporate account and you're the arranger or key person, you might be able to negotiate Concierge Key status for a few director level people and yourself.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
No credit card payment allowed.

https://smlogin.aa.com/login/SMVTEquestions.jsp
Jerry - Not sure why that is different but your link is to "smlogin.aa.com" vs. the generic airpass.aa.com which now shows that credit cards are accepted.

https://airpass.aa.com/vt-cust/preLo...Name=questions
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Jerry - Not sure why that is different but your link is to "smlogin.aa.com" vs. the generic airpass.aa.com which now shows that credit cards are accepted.

https://airpass.aa.com/vt-cust/preLo...Name=questions
I see that, I don't know why it is different. My link to the FAQs came from aa.com and no credit cards has been the long standing policy; it is possible that it has changed.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I see that, I don't know why it is different. My link to the FAQs came from aa.com and no credit cards has been the long standing policy; it is possible that it has changed.
Yes, I've used AAirpass in the past and had to wire/check... but the credit cards acceptance is a welcome change! Especially if bonus points will work... if I'm going to spend $20K via aa.com and I can get 100K Membership Rewards, that's a consideration vs. going with AAirpass... but if I can get the bonus points, I'm just about 100% sure I'm going to do AAirpass again (may do it anyway because of flexibility).
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:02 pm

Also - I've read some nightmares about the YUP fares disappearing and/or having to book round trips in order to get the YUP. Can someone who has some experience on DOMESTIC travel let me know if you've had these same issues. If/when I purchase, I will be looking to book mostly LAX-ORD and ORD-LAX and hopefully booking most rates at the YUP (.9) multiplier with the occasional need for Biz fare (1.14) multiplier (not planning to use much PlanAhead).

I've been "told" that if any inventory in A/D/I are available to book when I am booking the fare, then I'll be able to book the .9 Y fare but confirmed business seat (e.g. YUP). I've also been told that I will be able to book one-way routes without issue.

Given that I already fly this route all the time and currently book online, I know that D fares are available MOST of the time until last few days before, and given the flexibility of canceling/changing to J for just 1.14 vs. 0.9... I'm sure I'll have to do that occasionally.

Anyway - any thoughts/concerns about the above use for domestic routes? It seems MOST of the talk above in the thread and issues in this area seemed to be mostly INTL routes.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:00 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't trust anything an AAirpass salesperson says about availability of Y-UP on any route and would record their representation that it would be available in the cases that they've indicated to you. I imagine the contract affords them flexibility to do / change whatever, whenever but I'd like to have that representation available for playback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.