Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Shawn02139
American Airlines AirPass PrePaid Travel

NOTE: The program is Airpass; no longer named "AAirpass"
Link to AirPass front page

Link to aa.com AirPass contact and links page.

Prepaid, Unrestricted Air Travel at a Fixed Rate

As an AirPass member, you won’t have to search for fares or pay extra for last-minute trips. Your airfare is pre-paid at a fixed rate and your account is ready when you need to travel to any of the more than 350 destinations in the combined American Airlines and US Airways network.
AirPass offers significant savings on fares (as well as guaranteed last seat availability) for flyers who know they will fly a lot but find themselves buying expensive last minute walk-up level fares.

AirPass, depending on level of purchase, includes status and may include up to Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership, or even Concierge Key, which includes both.

AirPass members get a courtesy drink and a snack if they're traveling in Coach, much as Executive Platinums do; unlike Executive Platinums, their traveling companion does also.

14 Jan 2016 jmappleby said: "...they take credit via wire transfer at $10k (Gold), $20k (Platinum), $30k (EP). Concierge Key is available for $50k individual spend or $75k team spend."
AirPass can be for different classes of service, and except for "PlanAAhead Economy", book into Y, J or F classes (and in 2016 will earn AA Elite Qualifying Miles at Y, J or F levels) and for Economy AirPass flyers offers "instant upgrade" fares that book into A for First or D for Business. These may not be available on all routes, however, and the legal routes may change during your contract.

Contact AirPass

AirPass Customer Service
800-433-6355
817-931-9029 - Fax

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CT)

Send us a letter
FedEX / UPS / Overnight mail
American Airlines
AirPass Customer Service
4255 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 4106
Fort Worth, TX 76155

U.S mail
American Airlines, Inc.
AirPass Customer Service
P.O. Box 619616
MD 4106
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9616
You can get indicative pricing here: https://airpass.aa.com/vt-customer/c...ervations.html
The best deal seems to be the -UP fares, where you pay the standard economy, but book a confirmed seat into business
Print Wikipost

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2023, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA CK, AC Super Elite, DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
HEADS UP TO ANYONE WITH AN AAIRPASS CONTRACT ABOUT TO EXPIRE...
Received some new information from AAirpass this afternoon (4/19) which was quite disturbing...
(1) You have only 30 days to request a refund after your contract expiration date. After that, any funds left in your account will be forfeited (they call it "absorbed). You will have to fill out a form, and the refund will come by check.
(2) Once you request a refund, any ticketed (and un-flown trips) will be cancelled, and refunded. You will have to rebook and pay for them at the regular cost.
(3) You can keep your future flights if you don't request a refund, but that will mean you will (a) forfeit any funds in your AAirpass balance, and (b) You cannot cancel or change any of your future flights; there will be no refund. You can ask AA to change you to the same itinterary on a different day, but they are under no obligation to do so. (c) If AA cancels a flight that is in the future (past your contract expiration date) they are supposed to rebook you. In practivce, nobody at AAirpass knew how this would work.

All in all, the worst of all possible scenarios, and one that has not been publicized at all. You have to call in to find this out (staff are learning the so-called policies as they go) and advise that policies have changed several times already.

If in dount, call AAirpass; don't assume anything.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by wutlol
I've been told that they want to have a new offering ready to go in 2024. What that means, I don't know. I've heard that AA wants it better integrated into the existing Business Extra programme.
My confidence level is about 5%. This is from my relationship manager for my corporate travel account with AA who has been trying to manage me given I am frustrated about the discontinuation of Airpass.

I wouldn’t put it past him to make it up just to make me feel more comfortable with sticking around (I’m not going anywhere anyway). The lack of any details and the vagaries on dates makes me skeptical.

But it is what I was told.
not surprised this thread is dead now. anyone hear updates? im about to go UA if AA doesnt bring back AApass. but if its coming back next year 2024 then i may hold off.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
Haven’t heard anything. I’ve had United. Global services isn’t as good as CK unfortunately. For me, AA is the best option still. I wish delta had something similar as well. Fortunately, my travel dwindled down recently.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
not surprised this thread is dead now. anyone hear updates? im about to go UA if AA doesnt bring back AApass. but if its coming back next year 2024 then i may hold off.
Originally Posted by scott56
Haven’t heard anything. I’ve had United. Global services isn’t as good as CK unfortunately. For me, AA is the best option still. I wish delta had something similar as well. Fortunately, my travel dwindled down recently.
If it does happen, the plan is to announce in 2024 - so my expectation would be by EoY 2024 something is announced and 2025 is the first program year in earnest. It is an action item for them but not a top priority by any means.

If you need something similar now, go to UA.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
Hopefully that program gives access to CK. United’s system isn’t bad. It depends which one you take. Personally I like set fairs.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by scott56
what has been ur GS experience? AA hubs work better for me but i can do UA hubs. if GS handles IRROPs like CK w/ similar VIP benefits, i will do UA for now and switch bak AA in 2024/25.

If it does happen, the plan is to announce in 2024 - so my expectation would be by EoY 2024 something is announced and 2025 is the first program year in earnest. It is an action item for them but not a top priority by any means.

If you need something similar now, go to UA.
appreciate ur input. yea, will prob go UA GS for now. will be good experience. also star alliance is a very valuable network.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
what has been ur GS experience? AA hubs work better for me but i can do UA hubs. if GS handles IRROPs like CK w/ similar VIP benefits, i will do UA for now and switch bak AA in 2024/25.
From reporting here and elsewhere, GS does not handle IROPS nearly as well as CK. I am very glad I didn't pursue GS through PP. For my common routes and schedules, I am comfortable flying UA without any special IROPS handling, but I can't say the same for AA, so I made the move to UA in late April and am happy with that decision overall. I still purchase flights on other airlines when there are nonstops or the schedule works better for me.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:34 pm

Programs: Frequent AA Flyer
Why does Airpass keep sending me monthly statements? I have a zero balance, my membership ended months ago, but I still keep getting those statements. It's almost like their teasing me, reminding me of the discounted fares I no longer have access to, and the CK status that used to be guaranteed but is not anymore. Every time I get the email, a small part of me thinks, hmm, maybe they've restarted the program and are just letting me know that they're offering me a chance to rejoin
Old Feb 25, 2024, 2:12 pm

Airpass ending, but can't get through on phone. Must be by email.

Originally Posted by kvez
HEADS UP TO ANYONE WITH AN AAIRPASS CONTRACT ABOUT TO EXPIRE...
Received some new information from AAirpass this afternoon (4/19) which was quite disturbing...
(1) You have only 30 days to request a refund after your contract expiration date. After that, any funds left in your account will be forfeited (they call it "absorbed). You will have to fill out a form, and the refund will come by check.
(2) Once you request a refund, any ticketed (and un-flown trips) will be cancelled, and refunded. You will have to rebook and pay for them at the regular cost.
(3) You can keep your future flights if you don't request a refund, but that will mean you will (a) forfeit any funds in your AAirpass balance, and (b) You cannot cancel or change any of your future flights; there will be no refund. You can ask AA to change you to the same itinterary on a different day, but they are under no obligation to do so. (c) If AA cancels a flight that is in the future (past your contract expiration date) they are supposed to rebook you. In practivce, nobody at AAirpass knew how this would work.

All in all, the worst of all possible scenarios, and one that has not been publicized at all. You have to call in to find this out (staff are learning the so-called policies as they go) and advise that policies have changed several times already.

If in dount, call AAirpass; don't assume anything.
As the title says, and all know, AA is closing down Airpass, I think within a month. They used to have the 800 number open, but have diverted all calls to email. I still have the limited lifetime Airpass, which I use from time to time, and still have 800,000 actual airline miles to use. Ticketing has worked OK, generally, but when problems arise, I do need to confer on the phone. Recently, a travel problem occurred---a simple flight change needed. When calling my ExPlat line, th agent was clueless/helpless on what to do. Calling the 800 number directed me to the email process. Once I did this, I got an automatic reply saying they would get back to me (by email of course) in 10-14 business days.

I lost the possibility of the flight change, and, out of desperation, had to book elsewhere. In some of these problems in the past, the AA agent (or system) diverted me to the CK area, which worked. Frankly, I think they should make all of us Lifetime'rs CK, but they appear not to be willing to do it. I think there are less than 1,100 left of us, and many, like myself, have dwindling life expectancy. Was a great program when I joined in 1994, but the ending has been a rough landing for me. Don't know if there are others in my bucket who have had thoughts/experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.