Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Originally Posted by StrandedinSC
Since you're already elite, you'll get the full 1,000 EQM.

Non-elites would only get 94+94= 188 EQM.
Umm, I'm not sure that last part is true. Everyone gets the minimum 500EQM on any short-haul flight regardless of their status.

Elites get an additional 500 program miles (not elite qualifying), Golds only get 125 though due to 25% kicker. This additional/bonus just goes towards your mileage balance and not towards elite or stickers.

Non-elites registered for DBLEQ would still get a total of 1,000 EQM from flying a short-haul.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Club Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BrianV
Umm, I'm not sure that last part is true. Everyone gets the minimum 500EQM on any short-haul flight regardless of their status.

Elites get an additional 500 program miles (not elite qualifying), Golds only get 125 though due to 25% kicker. This additional/bonus just goes towards your mileage balance and not towards elite or stickers.

Non-elites registered for DBLEQ would still get a total of 1,000 EQM from flying a short-haul.
Non-elites no longer get the 500 minimum mileage guarantee.

http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...eGuarantee.jsp
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL GLD, STARWOOD GLD, HH SLVR, HYATT GLD, GPP SLVR
Originally Posted by BrianV

Non-elites DO NOT get a minimum of 500 EQM. I just confirmed this in my girlfriend's flight history.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Oh wow, I guess I missed this. I apologize, that's crazy.... I need to look at my fiances.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
just how many fiances do you have and do they know of each other?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:11 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
FWIW it looks like CO has matched.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
While this is nice that there doing this for this window as its incentive to kick it up a notch or two to kick it over 100K(possibly125K) for the year.

It still rubs me the wrong way that this time around its any travel in this time counts for DEQM while in the last one prior booked travel didnt count as because of that i lost out on 20K eqm from a period of time i was traveling just about every week.

grrr.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
If i book a ticket into a Q class will that flight still be applicable for the DEQM?

Chris
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1.7MM); BD *G; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris78cpr
If i book a ticket into a Q class will that flight still be applicable for the DEQM?

Chris
Yes. Anything on AA code on AA metal that earns miles earns DBLEQ.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
Thanks for that quick reply!
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by benzguy80
just how many fiances do you have and do they know of each other?
LOL, I'm from Utah... j/k

...fiance's ticket is what I meant.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 12:08 am

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Originally Posted by Scubatooth
It still rubs me the wrong way that this time around its any travel in this time counts for DEQM while in the last one prior booked travel didnt count as because of that i lost out on 20K eqm from a period of time i was traveling just about every week.

grrr.
So your bothered that after AA received feedback from their customers that they wanted already booked travel to count, they followed it next time?
Old Sep 11, 2009, 12:48 am

Programs: United 1k, American Executive Platinum, Hyatt - Diamond Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by bmxbboy
Well I think this is a dumb promotion. I already got EXP this year from the previous promotion. I dont want anyone else getting Exec Plat.! Damn It!
I was looking forward to seeing all those Platniums and Golds behind me!

Me too. I got EXP earlier this year, and now it's gonna be filled with EXP's now. grrrr
Old Sep 13, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Time Double EQM Actually Take To Post

Hi
The double EQM promo says the additional (double) miles post to my account 6-8 weeks after travel. In past experience, is that accurate or do the bonus EQM actually post sooner?
Thanks
Old Sep 13, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Why not check out the master thread on this subject? You will find the question has been asked (and answered) at least once in there:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.