Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Baggage / luggage limits, interline, rules etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Baggage / luggage limits, interline, rules etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:30 am

Programs: DL, AA PLT, US, HH Gold, BW Diamond, Avis PP, Choice PLT
Originally Posted by jridge
Typically luggage will not be checked through for overnight connections.
That is not necessary true for European to the USA... I fly through London quite often and sometimes have a overnight layover of 12+ hours and the checked bags are kept at the airport.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Anyone have personal experiences on this? Will AA check bags interline to HA on separate tickets?

Can't find availability MSY-KOA, but I've got award tickets on hold MSY-HNL and thinking of booking HNL-KOA cash.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by oopsz
Anyone have personal experiences on this? Will AA check bags interline to HA on separate tickets?

Can't find availability MSY-KOA, but I've got award tickets on hold MSY-HNL and thinking of booking HNL-KOA cash.
No. Policies regarding interlining of luggage especially when multiple tickets are involved got much tougher back in September
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Tougher as in the policy changed, or tougher as in the system won't let them?

I have a good rapport with the agents at AEX. Would I be better off starting there and asking for a favor?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
Interline Checked Baggage with El Al ?

Is that possible?
Flying ORD-LHR (AA) and LHR-TLV (LY) but have not flown El Al in a very long time....
Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
Originally Posted by CVO 1K 2 Million
Is that possible?
Flying ORD-LHR (AA) and LHR-TLV (LY) but have not flown El Al in a very long time....
Thanks!
Simple answer: Yes to interlining baggage if on one ticket, no if on separate tickets
Old Oct 30, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CVO 1K 2 Million
Is that possible?
Thanks!
Originally Posted by LukasVIE
Simple answer: Yes to interlining baggage if on one ticket, no if on separate tickets
Note carefully that that's one ticket, not one PNR.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:08 am

Baggage question

Hello

If I fly London to Rio de Janeiro via JFK on one ticket, am I entitled to take two checked bags or only one.

This would be my first time flying via the USA. How do customs/ checkin work: will my luggage be checked through to Rio (and on the way back all the way to London) or will I have to pass customs and chicken again in JFK. In the case of checking in again: How long before checkin opens? I am planning on take a long layover so I can visit New York, hence the question. Also: are there luggage lockers/ Left luggage counters or something at JFK?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Thinksamuel
Hello

If I fly London to Rio de Janeiro via JFK on one ticket, am I entitled to take two checked bags or only one.

This would be my first time flying via the USA. How do customs/ checkin work: will my luggage be checked through to Rio (and on the way back all the way to London) or will I have to pass customs and chicken again in JFK. In the case of checking in again: How long before checkin opens? I am planning on take a long layover so I can visit New York, hence the question. Also: are there luggage lockers/ Left luggage counters or something at JFK?
What time are you arriving at JFK and what time are you departing? What airlines?

You will have to pick up your bags and go through customs and immigration, but you don't have to go to the regular outside check in area. There will be a transfer desk check in just before you leave the secure area.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver, Marriott, Miles & More, Trueblue
Hello

First two checked bags are complimentary for all American Airlines passengers traveling to Brazil. You will have to pick up your bags and go through immigration at JFK. There are luggage storage options at JFK, but you won't need them. Just make sure the staff at LHR tag your bag straight to GIG so you will be able to leave your bags at the transfer desk at JFK and not need to retag them.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 2:13 pm

And how is it on the LHR-JFK leg and back: 2 bags as well? There is a possibility that I will have to take more bags when returning form Brazil. Would the extra bag charge count for both legs or will I have to pay two times?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
And how is it on the LHR-JFK leg and back: 2 bags as well? There is a possibility that I will have to take more bags when returning form Brazil. Would the extra bag charge count for both legs or will I have to pay two times?
The same rules apply throughout the whole trip. Brazil has regulations on baggage allowance/fees. Basically you get two for free.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
A few AA questions please

Hi

Oneworld Sapphire flying economy reward booking from US to UK on a new booking how many free checked bags.

AA reward booking MIA-LHR on AA Separate Avios booking LHR-LBA on BA will the check in agent at Miami ticket me through to LBA

Is the fee still $75 for booking reward flights within 21 days of travel.

If so need to book by tomorrow.

Thanks.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by xcalx
Hi

Oneworld Sapphire flying economy reward booking from US to UK on a new booking how many free checked bags.

AA reward booking MIA-LHR on AA Separate Avios booking LHR-LBA on BA will the check in agent at Miami ticket me through to LBA

Thanks.
2, no, yes

Did this really need its own thread?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by xcalx
Hi

Thanks.
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
2, no, yes

Did this really need its own thread?
(Sarcasm on) One can only assume AA websites are inaccessible from the UK, or telephones, cellular, or "mobiles" have yet to be introduced to the UK. (sarcasm off)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.