Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Baggage / luggage limits, interline, rules etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Baggage / luggage limits, interline, rules etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Except that those links are outside of the CoC - anyway , if it says on the ticket that a certain number of bags are permitted free of charge , my understanding is that that is the entitlement. If charged where it should be free, then I would take it further
I am not sure how you guys keep saying it is outside the CoC. It is listed right below the words AA CoC.

At the end of the day, OP knew when they purchased the ticket (with miles) for another person who was not an AA elite or flying in first the flyer should be charged for the bag.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Global321
I am not sure how you guys keep saying it is outside the CoC. It is listed right below the words AA CoC.

At the end of the day, OP knew when they purchased the ticket (with miles) for another person who was not an AA elite or flying in first the flyer should be charged for the bag.
The CoC does not state what the allowance is -- the CoC just states that there is an allowance and provides a link outside of the CoC

It does not state in the CoC page what the allowance is
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Global321
Why would there not be a fee?

The bag fee is dependant on the traveler's status/class of service, etc. Who bought the ticket is irrelevant.

I think the reservation computer gets confused when a FF with status uses miles to get a ticket for a non-frequent flyer.

Either way, the agent was correct on the fee.
So, now its happened a second time - the confirmation shows NO baggage fee for checked bag. This time, my FF number was nowhere to be seen in the reservation.... I any event, if the website was confused with my FF number, you would think that it would show TWO free checked bags since my status level is Plat.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Except that those links are outside of the CoC - anyway , if it says on the ticket that a certain number of bags are permitted free of charge , my understanding is that that is the entitlement. If charged where it should be free, then I would take it further
The words in the coc link i proved explicitly extend to the links.

If you want to argue (based on I dont know what) they 'those take you outside the CoCs', do you work for AA legal or web design??

On the CoC page it says:

These conditions cover all of your rights and responsibilities as a passenger on flights operated by American Airlines. We’ve simplified this contract to make our policies clearer and easier to understand.
then it immediately provides the links. It says THESE links (emphasis mine)
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Hi,
Is anyone able to confirm whether the 12 hour rule for short checking luggage on a ticket with an overnight connection, referred to earlier on in this thread, is still in effect?
Specifically, if I fly on a BA issued ticket but AA flight and flight no., from the US to LHR overnight, when the ticket includes a connection (not a stopover) to a European destination on BA, and the BA flight is timed for the day after the AA flight arrives and >12 but <24 hours later, can I be sure of being allowed to check the bags to LHR only?
Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:18 am

1st and 2nd checked bags are complimentary for:
  • Platinum
  • oneworld Sapphire members
  • Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
  • Confirmed Business Class customers*
Did a search but didnt find what I was looking for.
Flying business award but first and only leg is in economy (1 Cabin Only). Do I still get biz baggage allowance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.