Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Darn it.....just going to make it harder for EXPs to upgrade, especially since there are rumors that CKs are going to be ahead of EXPs on the upgrade list--it has already been piloted as a trial program at some stations....
At the hub airports?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by george 3
At the hub airports?
Said trial is not currently running.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
I did not think there was a co-pay for any member on J -> F - unless you were on an I fare?
No co-pay for VIPs, but mileage upgrades have a copay unless upgrading from a full-fare bucket. Now, CKs are exempt from this.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:08 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by anabolism
No co-pay for VIPs, but mileage upgrades have a copay unless upgrading from a full-fare bucket. Now, CKs are exempt from this.
So for the J-F move, it only impacts those that booked an I fare (that is the only business class fare that has a co-pay). It is more of a "big deal" when moving from Main Cabin to business/first (depending on aircraft).

I would think that most CK members are flying on paid business - and probably saving on the I fare upgrades.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by AA53
Most CK members don't upgrade. They are premium pax paying full fare.
I believe it's more than a significant minority that upgrade. I think there are a wide variety of CK from all different walks.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
I spoke to the CK desk today and they confirmed... no copays for CK members on mileage upgrades. That is awesome if you are CK, less awesome if you are EXP.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
So for the J-F move, it only impacts those that booked an I fare (that is the only business class fare that has a co-pay). It is more of a "big deal" when moving from Main Cabin to business/first (depending on aircraft).

I would think that most CK members are flying on paid business - and probably saving on the I fare upgrades.
I have been upgraded to F LAX-JFK from an I fare. Generally I fly F/J from JFK to west of the Rockies. Frankly I've gotten spoiled on a few domestic F transcons and J TATLs. Getting this additional benefit inside CK program is nice.

Just received my second miles upgrade on a LAX-JFK from J without a co-pay. Plus, as provided for in lounge access rules, spent some time in FL at LAX.

Last edited by george 3; Feb 25, 2013 at 11:19 am
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by griffingrowl
I spoke to the CK desk today and they confirmed... no copays for CK members on mileage upgrades. That is awesome if you are CK, less awesome if you are EXP.
I had an interesting experience yesterday that was resolved today. At one of the DFW AC's yesterday, I asked one of the AAngels to see if they could upgrade me for an LAX-JFK flight in mid-March from I to F/A using miles. The AAngel got on the phone with CK desk but was told that I had a co-pay requirement of $175 in addition to the miles. I told the AAngel that was not the requirement any longer (showing her an email confirmation from an earlier flight where I was upgraded), but she told me that the CK desk said they were unaware of the change waiving the co-pay. Rather than put the AAngel in the middle of an issue, I politely declined, and told them I'd try it another way today. This morning, I sent an email with the request which they honored by deducting the 15,000 miles with no-copay (which remains a new benefit.) So it appears that there may be some confusion on this new benefit at CK.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:04 am

Anyone receive new credentials yet? I have not.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:17 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by newaroundhere
Nope. Was informed of renewed CK status quite awhile ago, but no new credentials yet.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
I called in to ask about my 2013 credentials last week. I was told it would be mailed out at that time. However, I have not yet received anything.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:20 am

Same here, haven't received yet. Haven't made the call yet though as I am receiving benefits over the phone. I've been very pleased with the service level.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: AA CK, Delta PLT, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott/SW Plt
Originally Posted by newaroundhere
I guess we are all on the same wavelength. I emailed customer service two days ago and received this response on Saturday the 23rd:

Headquarters will be mailing out everyone’s packages between now and the end of this month.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: UGS, AA CK
Originally Posted by UpInTheAirAgain
I guess we are all on the same wavelength. I emailed customer service two days ago and received this response on Saturday the 23rd:

Headquarters will be mailing out everyone’s packages between now and the end of this month.
Hopefully the reason for the delay is they're putting finishing touches on new benefits for all of us...have not recieved anything either.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
While I am not a CK (and doubt I will ever be one), I am always impressed when I'm at RDU and the GAs page the CKs by name and have them board before even F/Uniformed Military ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.