Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by jeffreyt
Am I reading this that you got access as a CK member to the Flagship Lounge on a normal domestic flight or was it in one of the LAX-JFK flights in F?
No, I flew paid J, upgraded to F with miles, thus, entry to Flagship Lounge was granted. Nothing to do with CK, and sorry if I implied that.

In a few of my recent posts, I'm trying to note acknowledgment (if any) of CK benefits in the hub AA airports. Regularly acknowledged in LGA, DFW and ORD. Not so in LAX as per my previous post. My test this week is at JFK where I booked a birthday MR for myself. Will likely not be upgraded from Y from JFK to LAX, although a good possiblity for the return. I want to see if I'm able to board early (and be recognized) as CK even though I'm in the back of the bus at JFK.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by george 3
No, I flew paid J, upgraded to F with miles, thus, entry to Flagship Lounge was granted. Nothing to do with CK, and sorry if I implied that.

In a few of my recent posts, I'm trying to note acknowledgment (if any) of CK benefits in the hub AA airports. Regularly acknowledged in LGA, DFW and ORD. Not so in LAX as per my previous post. My test this week is at JFK where I booked a birthday MR for myself. Will likely not be upgraded from Y from JFK to LAX, although a good possiblity for the return. I want to see if I'm able to board early (and be recognized) as CK even though I'm in the back of the bus at JFK.
No CK recognition or pre-boarding on JFK LAX #33 this morning despite three CKs on board. Also, had to show my CK card for my mimosas in very tight 19H. Just a point of reference. We'll see if there is recognition at LAX later today.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
It was still in my head that Flagship Lounge entry when flying transcon required being in a full-fare F (either paid or award) and that upgrading from J didn't count, but your post prompted me to refresh my memory, and sure enough, you now get in regardless of how you got into F. Link. Changed back in September.

Last edited by anabolism; Apr 20, 2013 at 4:39 pm Reason: Added change date, removed comma.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 7:03 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
It was still in my head that Flagship Lounge entry when flying transcon required being in a full-fare F (either paid or award) and that upgrading from J didn't count, but your post prompted me to refresh my memory, and sure enough, you now get in regardless of how you got into F. Link. Changed back in September.
Indeed, AA finally simplified/relaxed their lounge access policy. Of the big-three flying this route, they were the only one differentiating upgraders from cash paid/miles paid (non-upgrade) fliers.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by NYBanker
Indeed, AA finally simplified/relaxed their lounge access policy. Of the big-three flying this route, they were the only one differentiating upgraders from cash paid/miles paid (non-upgrade) fliers.
I'm happy that they are doing this now. My company won't let me fly paid F in 3-class, so it's a nice treat to use miles or SWUs and get this benefit. I was in the regular LAX AC two weeks ago, and it is certainly tough to go back!

One thing of note. CK fliers will have to request early boarding benefit at the FL/AC at LAX. AA doesn't automatically send a CK rep to the gate like ORD, DFW and LGA.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
...CK fliers will have to request early boarding benefit at the FL/AC at LAX. AA doesn't automatically send a CK rep to the gate like ORD, DFW and LGA.
I have never been offered pre-board at SFO, SJC, JFK, LGA, DCA or DFW. Only at ORD by the very lovely Noreeen.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by griffingrowl
I have never been offered pre-board at SFO, SJC, JFK, LGA, DCA or DFW. Only at ORD by the very lovely Noreeen.
I had the pleasure of meeting Noreeen a month ago when boarding an ORD-LGA leg. Very nice lady. LGA and DFW have the service, but generally on morning flights. I have a very heavy flight schedule next week - DFW, IAH, AUS and perhaps DEN for meetings so we'll see.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
I had the pleasure of meeting Noreeen a month ago when boarding an ORD-LGA leg. Very nice lady. LGA and DFW have the service, but generally on morning flights. I have a very heavy flight schedule next week - DFW, IAH, AUS and perhaps DEN for meetings so we'll see.
I flew from PEK - ORD last week and the priority boarding lane was 40 people deep when I showed up. I asked at the gate if they would preboard CK and they said they would and did. I wish I didn't have to ask for this and that they proactively did it throughout the system.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by RealFan
I flew from PEK - ORD last week and the priority boarding lane was 40 people deep when I showed up. I asked at the gate if they would preboard CK and they said they would and did. I wish I didn't have to ask for this and that they proactively did it throughout the system.
They didn't make an announcement?. It's awkward, I know, I feel somewhat self conscious boarding like this. Thus it's why I don't and probably won't request it in LAX (too celebrity). I'm only a rock star in the shower.
Old May 1, 2013, 7:32 am

Glad to see flagship check-in expanding, though disappointing that there is no date for Chicago:

As a Concierge KeySM member, we're pleased to share the latest happenings at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) with you.

Flagship® Check‑In, one of your special benefits, offers an exclusive, personalized experience with expedited access through security. Hopefully you've had the opportunity to use this convenient service in Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and Miami International Airport (MIA). And, as promised, we are adding more locations this year. Starting May 1st, it will roll out to JFK and this summer you can look for it in Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) as well.
Old May 1, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
It appears that flagship checkin / security is for CK and not EXP. Has anyone validated this distinction?
Old May 1, 2013, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by fastflyer
It appears that flagship checkin / security is for CK and not EXP. Has anyone validated this distinction?
It was sent to CK members, not EXPs. I've routinely seen EXPs turned away in LAX and MIA, so no further validation is required by me for JFK.
Old May 1, 2013, 12:39 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
It was sent to CK members, not EXPs. I've routinely seen EXPs turned away in LAX and MIA, so no further validation is required by me for JFK.
The e-mail with the JFK announcement was sent to EXP and to general members also - I assume they looked to folks that may have flown a qualifying flight and notified them. If it is like LAX, there will be someone at the "door" with a tablet type device that looks up if you are qualified or not.
Old May 1, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by fastflyer
It is published AA policy that this benefit is available to CK members but not necessarily to EXPs (with the exception of LHR). If an aa.com page (the second result in a Google search for "flagship check in") is considered validation, then consider the distinction validated. See aa.com for details.
Old May 1, 2013, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
The e-mail with the JFK announcement was sent to EXP and to general members also - I assume they looked to folks that may have flown a qualifying flight and notified them. If it is like LAX, there will be someone at the "door" with a tablet type device that looks up if you are qualified or not.
I stand corrected. The email I had seen was indeed personalized. I didn't realize it was a mass email. Agree with validation criteria posted in other threads, this is a CK perk, or non-CK ticketed in F (on 3-class, or OW).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.