Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
Originally Posted by UncleDude
How would you feel, if as the 100% shareholder of a Global Private Company that gave American One Billion Dollars of Business during your ownership then withdrew your CK after you sold out...Meanwhile 'C' Category Tax avoiding Movie Stars get VIP/CK Treatment.

The King is Dead...Long Live the King
= Business as usual ...... based at LAX see it all the time.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by Cannonball Run
= Business as usual ...... based at LAX see it all the time.
Not much upscale CK treatment for CKs who haven't starred in a movie at LAX last week. No acknowledgement like LGA, DFW or JFK recently. This is an observation not a whine. I boarded first, I enjoyed the FL, and it was a great flight. Just strange that it sometimes feels like a secret society within a bigger elite status level.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by george 3
Not much upscale CK treatment for CKs who haven't starred in a movie at LAX last week. No acknowledgement like LGA, DFW or JFK recently. This is an observation not a whine. I boarded first, I enjoyed the FL, and it was a great flight. Just strange that it sometimes feels like a secret society within a bigger elite status level.
I agree completely. I am also a global services member at United Airlines and there is definitely a different feeling to how that program operates. AA has been rumored to be stepping up CK to be more akin to GS but I will believe it when I see it.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:27 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
One thing American should not to do is over-saturate the CK ranks as UA has GS. There are at least a couple of GS pax on most flights nowadays. It kinda loses it's value. My brother is GS and he's rarely in batter shape than I am as a Prem Plat on UA. He doesn't even get upgraded on 100% of domestic flights. It's over 80%, which is good, but not what you'd expect...
Old Mar 28, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: AA ExP 5MM, DL Lifetime Medallion 2.3MM
Update on Concierge Key

I've been CK for a number of years. Interestingly, in only two of those years did I actually get a card. The other years when I called in I was directed to the CK desk.

I didn't know about CK when I got the first card.
The second year I was still in the program but didn't get any communication from CK.
Next year I got a card and a smaltzy letter.
Third year, I got a message from AAirpass that CK was include with $10,000 AAirpass purchase at the beginning of the year.
Fourth year, AAirpass said that CK came with $20,000 of AAirpass.
This year they called and said CK was automatic with $30,000 of AAirpass purchase at the beginning of the year. Since I had left over AAirpass miles, from the $20,000 purchase, that didn't make sense for me. I pointed out that I spend a LOT more than $30,000 on premium tickets overseas (commuting to Africa). I just did $15k on AAirpass plus the other international travel.
Today when I called the CK number it went to Exec Plat and I am not listed as CK anymore. Interesting because last year I had $20,000 in AAirpass and almost 250,000 points with other paid premium tickets. Significantly higher than other years when I was in CK. They say it's invitation only so they can do it (or not do it), but it is puzzling. Even though there is lots more premium revenue from me, they seem to be wanting to drive business to AAirpass.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
Awesome Bag Tags for 2013!

I'm totally digging the new CK Bag Tags... Finally those lowly EXPs can "recognize" !!

Old Mar 31, 2013, 2:49 am

Programs: AF, British
Originally Posted by Jace
I'm totally digging the new CK Bag Tags... Finally those lowly EXPs can "recognize" !!

Still not recieved in France ....
Old Mar 31, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Upgrading friends and family, co-pay?

Originally Posted by sukn
As of February 1st, CKs no longer have to pay any co-pays on upgrade awards.
I was thinking upgrading my parents with my miles on DFW-LHR, Is it correct to assume that there would be no co-pay on this? Or does it only apply on upgrades I'm doing for myself?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
I was thinking upgrading my parents with my miles on DFW-LHR, Is it correct to assume that there would be no co-pay on this? Or does it only apply on upgrades I'm doing for myself?
This applies to any upgrade you are making using your account. ^
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: UGS, AA CK
I noticed a big sign today at O'Hare to the left of Pre check security saying that AA is building a flagship checkin. Looks like CK is finally catching up to GS' check in capabilities in Chicago....
Old Apr 3, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by staren937
I noticed a big sign today at O'Hare to the left of Pre check security saying that AA is building a flagship checkin. Looks like CK is finally catching up to GS' check in capabilities in Chicago....
With hopefully more to come in terms of equalization!

I think we're getting closer to the day where CK is a public status with benefits superior to EXP on the margin.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DrBillAtwood
I've been CK for a number of years. Interestingly, in only two of those years did I actually get a card. The other years when I called in I was directed to the CK desk.

The second year I was still in the program but didn't get any communication from CK.
Third year, I got a message from AAirpass that CK was include with $10,000 AAirpass purchase at the beginning of the year.
This year they called and said CK was automatic with $30,000 of AAirpass purchase at the beginning of the year. Since I had left over AAirpass miles, from the $20,000 purchase, that didn't make sense for me. I pointed out that I spend a LOT more than $30,000 on premium tickets overseas (commuting to Africa). I just did $15k on AAirpass plus the other international trave
Today when I called the CK number it went to Exec Plat and I am not listed as CK anymore. Interesting because last year I had $20,000 in AAirpass and almost 250,000 points with other paid premium tickets. Significantly higher than other years when I was in CK. They say it's invitation only so they can do it (or not do it), but it is puzzling. Even though there is lots more premium revenue from me, they seem to be wanting to drive business to AAirpass.

I am thinking about dumping my Airpass. It is less expensive to buy first class on most routes. CK does nothing for me since I'm based in Dallas.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 21, 2013 at 7:07 pm Reason: reformat for space
Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
er

Originally Posted by griffingrowl
Yes, has happened to me several times at ORD (Noreen was her name, she's awesome). Never happened at SFO, JFK or LGA for me.
Flew thru ORD today and we got the pre-board hand shake and early boarding privilege. Coincidentally five CKs were on the flight. Excellent service.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: UGS, AA CK
Originally Posted by DrBillAtwood

This year they called and said CK was automatic with $30,000 of AAirpass purchase at the beginning of the year. Since I had left over AAirpass miles, from the $20,000 purchase, that didn't make sense for me. I pointed out that I spend a LOT more than $30,000 on premium tickets overseas (commuting to Africa). I just did $15k on AAirpass plus the other international travel.
I didn't know AA flew to Africa. Don't think that they count spend on other carriers toward CK. In any case, most people I know who are CK spent much more than the combined $45k or use the higher AAirpass amounts.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 8:06 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Originally Posted by george 3
.............. I enjoyed the FL, and it was a great flight. Just strange that it sometimes feels like a secret society within a bigger elite status level.
Am I reading this that you got access as a CK member to the Flagship Lounge on a normal domestic flight or was it in one of the LAX-JFK flights in F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.