FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service
Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:08 pm
AA53

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DrBillAtwood
I've been CK for a number of years. Interestingly, in only two of those years did I actually get a card. The other years when I called in I was directed to the CK desk.

I didn't know about CK when I got the first card.
The second year I was still in the program but didn't get any communication from CK.
Next year I got a card and a smaltzy letter.
Third year, I got a message from AAirpass that CK was include with $10,000 AAirpass purchase at the beginning of the year.
Fourth year, AAirpass said that CK came with $20,000 of AAirpass.
This year they called and said CK was automatic with $30,000 of AAirpass purchase at the beginning of the year. Since I had left over AAirpass miles, from the $20,000 purchase, that didn't make sense for me. I pointed out that I spend a LOT more than $30,000 on premium tickets overseas (commuting to Africa). I just did $15k on AAirpass plus the other international trave
Today when I called the CK number it went to Exec Plat and I am not listed as CK anymore. Interesting because last year I had $20,000 in AAirpass and almost 250,000 points with other paid premium tickets. Significantly higher than other years when I was in CK. They say it's invitation only so they can do it (or not do it), but it is puzzling. Even though there is lots more premium revenue from me, they seem to be wanting to drive business to AAirpass.

I am thinking about dumping my Airpass. It is less expensive to buy first class on most routes. CK does nothing for me since I'm based in Dallas.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 21, 2013 at 7:07 pm Reason: reformat for space