Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by DrBillAtwood
The deal this year is that for $30 K of deposit to AAirpass, you automatically get CK. You can reach them directly at (800) 433-6355.
We've been down this road. The fine print here says you get "nominated" for CK if you put $30k per person on AAirpass. We did 4 people and $150k on an AAirpass. 2 of us made it (with a spend of about $50k each before that deposit) and 2 of us didn't (with a spend of about $20k each before deposit). All four of us were nominated.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by OWdevotee
Haven't there always been 4 colors of AAdvantage card (white for general members, gold for gold, silver for platinum and black for EXP)?
I think you are correct.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by AA53
Most CK members don't upgrade. They are premium pax paying full fare.
Not all however. I was just bumped up to CK and 2/3 of my flights are and will continue to be discount economy; the other 1/3 is paid F/J transcons/LV/PHX/RNO.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by DillMan
We've been down this road. The fine print here says you get "nominated" for CK if you put $30k per person on AAirpass. We did 4 people and $150k on an AAirpass. 2 of us made it (with a spend of about $50k each before that deposit) and 2 of us didn't (with a spend of about $20k each before deposit). All four of us were nominated.
When you said two of you didn't make it, do you mean didn't make the $30k threshold, but still got CK, or didn't get CK?

I was told if I put $30k upfront I would get it, and that if I totaled $30k, but not upfront, I would not. Unfortunately I'll likely only be putting $10k because its difficult to justify anything other than short distance flights (for my travel pattern).
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by FXEpilot77
When you said two of you didn't make it, do you mean didn't make the $30k threshold, but still got CK, or didn't get CK?

I was told if I put $30k upfront I would get it, and that if I totaled $30k, but not upfront, I would not. Unfortunately I'll likely only be putting $10k because its difficult to justify anything other than short distance flights (for my travel pattern).
After we were told about the $30k program we did 4 people on an AAirpass for $150k (so $37.5k per person). All 4 of us were nominated, but 2 people didn't make it. AA's position was that they promised a nomination, but not actual CK.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
After we were told about the $30k program we did 4 people on an AAirpass for $150k (so $37.5k per person). All 4 of us were nominated, but 2 people didn't make it. AA's position was that they promised a nomination, but not actual CK.
Seriously??? That's pretty messed up.

Last edited by HKG_Flyer1; Feb 4, 2013 at 10:47 pm
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis First
Wow...I would be pretty pissed. Granted, nowhere in the contract does it say you get CK.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:20 am

Programs: AA CK, Marriott plat
Anybody have luck asking for CK?

I have been CK at the beginning - lost it for one year when my wife was sick and then got it back again last year. I was surprised when I did not receive it this year after 140 miles and $103k spend. I did spend less this year but that was mostly due to canceled flightsand IIROPs that forces me to other airlines ( I did 90k on UAL) Any suggestions?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
As of February 1st, CKs no longer have to pay any co-pays on upgrade awards.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA CK, Delta PLT, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott/SW Plt
Originally Posted by sukn
As of February 1st, CKs no longer have to pay any co-pays on upgrade awards.
This is terrific - this must be new! How did you come by this info?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by UpInTheAirAgain
This is terrific - this must be new! How did you come by this info?
I ran into this today when I upgraded from J to F on LAX-JFK using miles. Confirmed by email with CK agent. Pretty stoked.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 5:14 am

Just flew JFK-LAX on AA 19 and upgraded from J to F as well.. NO CO PAY as a CK.. Excellent...
Old Feb 5, 2013, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by RTW4
Just flew JFK-LAX on AA 19 and upgraded from J to F as well.. NO CO PAY as a CK.. Excellent...

Darn it.....just going to make it harder for EXPs to upgrade, especially since there are rumors that CKs are going to be ahead of EXPs on the upgrade list--it has already been piloted as a trial program at some stations....
Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:48 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by RTW4
I did not think there was a co-pay for any member on J -> F - unless you were on an I fare?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
I did not think there was a co-pay for any member on J -> F - unless you were on an I fare?
My fare is I. The co-pay was required, until last Friday (2/1). I had to pay it on a J --> F upgrade SFO-JFK this past December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.