Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CMK10
While I am not a CK (and doubt I will ever be one), I am always impressed when I'm at RDU and the GAs page the CKs by name and have them board before even F/Uniformed Military ^
Chicago does this as well but not DFW. Living here, there is little value but if you have to connect, they always meet you. Other than that, CK status is nice but nothing extraordinary in my book.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by AA53
Chicago does this as well but not DFW. Living here, there is little value but if you have to connect, they always meet you. Other than that, CK status is nice but nothing extraordinary in my book.
This happened to me last week at LGA on a flight to DFW. We'll see if it happens the week after next on same flight, and then returning from LAX to JFK.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K, AA EXP/CK, EK Gold
Happened to me at LGA for the first time this week too, on a flight to STL. I have been CK for 3 years, and this was the first time it happened outside of ORD.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
While I am not a CK (and doubt I will ever be one), I am always impressed when I'm at RDU and the GAs page the CKs by name and have them board before even F/Uniformed Military ^
I am CK and the inconsistency with AA in this respect is a big negative with the CK program. SCL and ORD are great. Everywhere else, <redacted>y. CDG negative sh!tty.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 9, 2013 at 12:42 pm Reason: redaction for TOS #q88
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:25 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by millionmiler
I am CK and the inconsistency with AA in this respect is a big negative with the CK program. SCL and ORD are great. Everywhere else, <redacted>y. CDG negative sh!tty.
Well I'm sorry to hear that, but you should try RDU some time, we have excellent agents here and a wonderful Admirals Club.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 9, 2013 at 12:42 pm Reason: redacted previously deleted post content
Old Mar 1, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by newaroundhere
Anyone receive new credentials yet? I have not.
A friend of a friend got them Wednesday and they look great. One nice added benefit for CK is luggage tags that say ConciergeKey in large font. Premium services can pick you more easily out of a crowd, I guess!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
A friend of a friend got them Wednesday and they look great. One nice added benefit for CK is luggage tags that say ConciergeKey in large font. Premium services can pick you more easily out of a crowd, I guess!
Isn't that a little conspicuous? Would you really want to advertise that sort of thing for everyone to see?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:38 pm

Got mine today Much nicer packaging than last year, not that that really matters. Like the look of the new card (and has the emerald logo). And surprised to get luggage tags. Interesting that the welcome letter says no need to carry exec plat card.

Baby steps towards fixing the upgrade problem, methinks. . .

Still... no fix to the problem.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
My welcome package arrived this afternoon.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
I received the new CK package and literature today. It is much better than in past years and I suspect that CK will soon be an official fourth tier of the AAdvantage program. Similar to last year, CK status comes with EXP status (if not already earned), plus the eight SWUs that are a part of EXP status, plus an additional two SWUs for being CK, plus complimentary Admirals Club membership. All in all, a very nice bundling of services for AA premium flyers.

I keep saying that having achieved LT PLT status that I should devote all my flying to UA to get to some sort of life time status there but it has been hard for me to leave AA cold turkey. I just can't do it so I am going to split my spend for the foreseeable future between the two airlines.

Now if Doug and his new crew introduce lifetime EXP at 3MM, 4MM or higher, that may incent me to consolidate with AA.

Last edited by RealFan; Mar 2, 2013 at 8:50 pm
Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RealFan
I received the new CK package and literature today. It is much better than in past years and I suspect that CK will soon be an official fourth tier of the AAdvantage program. Similar to last year, CK status comes with EXP status (if not already earned), plus the eight SWUs that are a part of EXP status, plus an additional two SWUs for being CK, plus complimentary Admirals Club membership. All in all, a very nice bundling of services for AA premium flyers.

I keep saying that having achieved LT PLT status that I should devote all my flying to UA to get to some sort of life time status there but it has been hard for me to leave AA cold turkey. I just can't do it so I am going to split my spend for the foreseeable future between the two airlines.

Now if Doug and his new crew introduce lifetime EXP at 3MM, 4MM or higher, that may incent me to do consolidate with AA.
Why would Doug care about 3-4mm flyers, those flyers are at the end of their profit life cycle. Doug is a rat, and much smarter than that.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
At least you've gotten yours... After 3 yrs of CK, I haven't (yet) been renewed as it seems our corporate travel folks have nabbed all the CK allocations for more senior execs in the company (despite the fact that I am the corp's top AA flyer). There's still a chance, but in the interim, I didn't elect Free Admiral's club with my 125K gift, so I am on the outside looking in for the time being.

I'm not sure that going to AA directly will help at this point.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Score8
At least you've gotten yours... After 3 yrs of CK, I haven't (yet) been renewed as it seems our corporate travel folks have nabbed all the CK allocations for more senior execs in the company (despite the fact that I am the corp's top AA flyer). There's still a chance, but in the interim, I didn't elect Free Admiral's club with my 125K gift, so I am on the outside looking in for the time being.

I'm not sure that going to AA directly will help at this point.
If you've got more miles logged than some of the other folks in your company, I'd contact CK and let em know if I were you. Can only help at this point.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Ritz
If you've got more miles logged than some of the other folks in your company, I'd contact CK and let em know if I were you. Can only help at this point.
And how exactly would you recommend that someone "contact CK?" Trust me, I tried pretty hard last year before I actually got the invitation (via corporate sales rep, contact AA, executive office) and never found anyone that was willing to even discuss it with me.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by wlciii
And how exactly would you recommend that someone "contact CK?" Trust me, I tried pretty hard last year before I actually got the invitation (via corporate sales rep, contact AA, executive office) and never found anyone that was willing to even discuss it with me.
Search this thread and ye shall find.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.