Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:37 pm
LTH

Programs: AA EXP, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, SPG Platinum
What's preventing a current elite from signing up a new account (with a different mailing address, the office address for example) to get on this promo?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:37 pm

As someone who just qualified for gold im upset just becuase if I held off for 2 weeks on flying I could have easily of been plt by the end of the year.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1k; MR Platinum; SPG Gold
Due to my travel patterns this year I have been stuck on a ton of UA. I will likely meet the 100k for EXP requal over this Fall (~85ish left), but this Fast Track nonsense really rubs me the wrong way.

I 100% get the business case behind the idea. Just irks me.

Now, however, I am left to wonder which part is worse in my present situation:
1) the additional miles I have to fly compared to others, or
2) that I had to endure flying United so much this year (sorry UA fans)

That being said, I can't wait to be back on AA more this Fall.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by LTH
What's preventing a current elite from signing up a new account (with a different mailing address, the office address for example) to get on this promo?
The AAdvantage Terms and Conditions say one account per person. In the event of a mistake second account (such as with Citi cards--it has happened to most of us), AAdvantage CustSvc will link the accounts behind the scenes so that the miles post correctly.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
I don't care what people say, but this is a slap in the face to current elites who have earned their status by flying 25K, 50K, 100K miles or more and/or spent thousands of dollars. I understand the logic behind offering the promotion to non elites in an effort to win their business, but at what price are they doing this? It seems like many of us elites are frustrated. Most US airlines are very similar by what differentiates them is their loyalty programs and the way they treat their customers. Especially with the recent merger news, AA should be careful and not alienate their current elites because when it comes down to it, the elites generate the most revenue for them.

I was considering paying for a platinum challenge. Now I most certainly won't. I have enough flights already booked to maintain my gold and I will not actively try for platinum. If a cheaper fare exists, why not just take that?

Also, could we elites cancel our accounts and just set up a new one and enroll in this offer? That seems silly but it would work?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by zpaul
Just my two cents...it's the inclusion of EXP that's my sticking point. I actually started my AAdvantage life on a PLT challenge, so I'm not against them at all! AND I'm all for my preferred airline to increase revenue by attracting new customers.

My less-rational side is upset that I'll hit almost 70,000 EQMs and 87,000 EQPs this year (75% earned in the promo period), but will still only qualify for PLT, while someone, for much less effort, will get access to a substantial set of benefits more than me.

I get it, I get it, it's business and really not "loyalty," but it still hurts.

As said previously, I can only hope there's a killer DEQM/TEQM...maybe QEQM??? program in the wings for us!
This is my beef too. I'm currently at about 43k EQM/45k EQP. With some current budget restrictions at work, I think I'll end up about 85,000 EQP. I'm hoping for DEQM too - and quick! I fly to Beijing on Friday
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:49 pm

I think something fishy is up at AA. I just got an email from FoundersCard, and apparently AA elite status is now a benefit. The details were vague, stating "American Airlines is now a preferred airline partner". I emailed my contact to see what the details are.

Gold or higher will ensure my joining FoundersCard.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:52 pm
LTH

Programs: AA EXP, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

The AAdvantage Terms and Conditions say one account per person. In the event of a mistake second account (such as with Citi cards--it has happened to most of us), AAdvantage CustSvc will link the accounts behind the scenes so that the miles post correctly.
Sure, but how will they be able to verify those two accounts belong to the same person? Without a unique identifier (SSN or something), they can never fully verify that. Some of us have pretty generic names...
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
I think something fishy is up at AA. I just got an email from FoundersCard, and apparently AA elite status is now a benefit. The details were vague, stating "American Airlines is now a preferred airline partner". I emailed my contact to see what the details are.

You should probably check out the FoundersCard thread ...
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP

Here is the offer:

• Exclusive offer only for FoundersCard members. FoundersCard member must be enrolled in the Business Extra program to be eligible for the Gold Status Challenge. Members must register by 11:59pm CT on August 31, 2013 to participate. Travel must be completed between September 1 and November 30, 2013 on eligible airlines. Eligible airlines include: American Airlines, American Eagle, American Connection® carriers, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, and Qantas. To learn more about qualifying fares for each carrier, visit https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/e...quirements.jsp. Earned points must be accrued by the individual and cannot be combined by individuals at the company to reach the challenge.

• AAdvantage Gold status membership received through this offer upon reaching the required elite-qualifying points threshold is valid through February 28, 2015. Upon qualification, your new Gold status will take effect immediately. Your membership credentials will be mailed to you within four to six weeks after qualification. Bonus elite-qualifying points received through special promotions do not count toward elite-status qualification. You must re-qualify for AAdvantage elite-status membership annually. For more information on the benefits of Gold status, click here (go to www.aa.com/elitebenefits).
It seems more like a standard challenge. This offer here is better.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Anyone have any reason to think AA would let me extend to January 6th? Have PHX-LHR-FCO scheduled on BA in WT+--> CW. Have they ever extended or made exceptions?
THere are exceptions from time to time, but not on a special promotion which is already significantly lowering qualifying requirements.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by LTH
Sure, but how will they be able to verify those two accounts belong to the same person? Without a unique identifier (SSN or something), they can never fully verify that. Some of us have pretty generic names...
How about passport number when one flies international?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LTH
Address, Phone number(s), Passport Number, E-Mail Address etc.. Sure you could change all of them (expect for the Passport Number), or use alternatives, but how many folks are going to go through all that trouble? And commit fraud..
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:01 pm

FoundersCard thread is closed, oldest post over 1 yr
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:02 pm

Anyone with a good mileage run??? Might as well take advantage and fly some 30k now while its still worthwhile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.