Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
HOGWASH!

I signed up Mom, Dad, MIL, FIL and Kids. We are already going to SJU, FLL and TGU, so 6 new Golds!
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by LRD
Four different offer codes...

H3TGM

H3TLK

H3TLI

H3TFB
Just speculation but..

LI = LinkedIn

FB = Facebook

maybe? What would LK and GM be?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
FYI complaining about AA basically handing out free status does nothing. I have tried in the past and here is a response:

"Dear Mr. XXX,
Thank you for contacting AAdvantage® Customer Service.

We are sorry for your reaction to our promotion offering a "fast track"
to AAdvantage® elite status. For exactly the reasons you cite, we
generally do not provide elite membership without qualification. Still,
for competitive reasons, we sometimes feature special promotions that
offer elite membership at a reduced qualification level. Our expectation
is that given the standard 12-month qualification period, these members
would earn their status on their own. Indeed it will be necessary for
any new elite members to requalify on their own in subsequent membership
years.

It's no secret that we are seeking ways to increase market share and
encourage incremental business during this enormously challenging time
in our industry. These promotions are ways to motivate people who aren't
currently loyal AA customers, in the hopes that we can win their
business.

Still, our experience tells us that only a portion of the members
receiving the promotional offer will actually earn AAdvantage elite
membership. Moreover, we are confident we can continue to provide you
with the superior service and benefits you have come to expect.

Thank you for participating in the AAdvantage program. We appreciate
your business.

Regards,

XXXX XXXX
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines"
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I absolutely believe it. These type of programs require legal reviews, marketing coordination, financial impact analysis, sign-off by all P&Ls affected etc. This doesn't happen over night.
You are free to believe what you please, but don't be naive. There is not a chance. It is clearly influenced by the DOJ filing, which, of course, was a possibility that AA foresee. In any marketing department of a medium+ company, it is common practice to have contingency plans per-approved for deployment. I personally been there, done that. Things of this sort had been done by AA around entering chapter 11 or announcing the merger.

Last edited by SANLAXSFO; Aug 14, 2013 at 12:34 pm Reason: speling :)
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:28 pm

Ugh, this really is so frustrating.

I was just about to sign up for the Platinum Elite challenge, but at this point, on principle I don't think I will. Why pay $240 (when I'm already gold) plus pay a ton of $$$ for expensive flights to reach the platinum challenge, when they are basically giving status away for free. Now I'm inclined to just let status drop on AA and see if I can buy back Gold for cheaper in 2014, or do one of these non-elite challenges when they come along. Argh--frustrating!
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I've been trying to find the Facebook posting (by AA) just to check that it really is on there (which would add weight to the claim that this isn't targeted) and I can't seem to see it. The last AA posting appears to be from yesterday for some Hawaiian promo. Anyone case to post the text of the FB posting they're seeing/they saw?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Stripe
This is ridiculous. I will requalify with legitimate EQMs this year and my spouse (currently Gold) will likely qualify for Plat. I was hopeful that a promo-free year would clean out the ranks and make status meaningful again, but that was obviously naive. AA must think people like me are really stupid. Perhaps I was, but I will not be going forward.

Unfortunately, you are right. It is time for EXPs to move to other programs.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: None since COVID - yet!
Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement)

Not happy! Currently PLT and expecting to drop to GLD with around 25-30k EQMs this year (currently on only 3k!)

Is there anything in the terms of the program to say I can't have two memberships? All I would lose is the mileage bonus on the first 12,000 miles. Worth it for EXP!
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: US CP, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Stripy
I've been trying to find the Facebook posting (by AA) just to check that it really is on there (which would add weight to the claim that this isn't targeted) and I can't seem to see it. The last AA posting appears to be from yesterday for some Hawaiian promo. Anyone case to post the text of the FB posting they're seeing/they saw?
I don't know about FB but it's the most recent post on their LinkedIn profile - http://www.linkedin.com/company/american-airlines
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SANLAXSFO
You are free to believe what you please, but don't be naive. There is not a chance. It is clearly influenced by the DOJ filing, which, of course, was a possibility that AA foresee. In any marketing department of a medium+ company, it is common practice to have contingency plans per-approved for deployment. I personally been there, done that. Things of this sort had been done by AA around entering chapter 11 or announcing the merger.
I'm hardly naive.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by britenbsas
Correct! This bottom-feeder el cheapo elite has just emailed AAdvantage CS to register my displeasure! The fact I already have more than enough EQMs booked during the last 4 months of the year to make EXP under this promo but will still end the year as a PLT is
I'm not a bottom feeder EXP, although I make my qualifications on segments usually. As a result, 30k EQM would have been ideal. That 10k shaved off makes a huge difference.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:37 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
You guessed wrong,
No, I don't believe that I've guessed wrong

Which program offers better benefits at the top-tier level (I don't knowthe others well)? We get

8 SWUs
free (space available) domestic upgrades - and we're at 100%
The excellent (although less excellent than it used to be ) EXP desk
Really good (still) IRROPS support

Are there others offering anything similar?

Cheers.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
I don't see how it's much different form previous double or triple EQM bonuses. They are pretty much saying you need to fly a third-ish of the EQM for an elite level in a third of a year. Isn't that about the same as say fly 33k in a period and we'll give you 2-3x (66k) in bonus EQM to reach your level?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Why? Where will the EXPs go? Sure, upgrades may well become tougher to get but where else will it be any better? SWUs can still be cashed in on any ticket and, with a bit of planning, can be used at the time of booking....where else will that happen?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Good promo.

Unfortunately AA has permanently lost me....and that was before Doug Parker was in the picture.

Enjoy! And make sure you have enough clothes in your carry-on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.