Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TAWS
Better register while you still can. AA is probably going to pull the registration code soon.
Why do you say that? The offer is good until August 27th.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:13 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Just registered for the promotion and i hope they honor it
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by lsumegan

T&C's probably allow them to pull it at any time.

Also, the lady who called me from AA CS told me that the promotion is capped - if the cap is reached before August 27th, it will be pulled.

Last edited by MAH4546; Aug 14, 2013 at 3:20 pm
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by lsumegan
It was leaked early. They probably meant to release it closer to the deadline.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
The link still works, so just go there.. They will honor anyone who signs up. My son just did 2 minutes ago.
As has been noted several times in this thread already, being able to sign up does NOT necessarily mean that AA "will honor anyone signs up"
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by brp
It's funny. Each and every time there is a promotion for non-current members, these kinds of comments arise. And I'd bet that 90+% of the people who make them stay with AA. So, it seems like AA are doing the right thing with the way they target these.

Cheers.
Agreed ... people are arguing the upgrade plausibility issue, but really if they are very frequent travelers, good for AA. If they're not, then they won't be "stealing" upgrades from you ... their status will dry out in a year.

I am wondering if they get all the bennies on EXP status ... systemwide upgrades etc.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

magic 8 ball says: AA reneges... lots of flyers' remorse ensues.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by bdemaria
As has been noted several times in this thread already, being able to sign up does NOT necessarily mean that AA "will honor anyone signs up"
Why would they not honor it if you signed up for the promo? I'm having difficulty understanding that...
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by relberger
Agreed ... people are arguing the upgrade plausibility issue, but really if they are very frequent travelers, good for AA. If they're not, then they won't be "stealing" upgrades from you ... their status will dry out in a year.

I am wondering if they get all the bennies on EXP status ... systemwide upgrades etc.
AA has never before done a non-targeted status offer that excluded elites. This is a first.

And yes, people who sign up get the SWUs.

Also, looks like AA pulled the offer of it's LinkedIn page.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by brp
8 SWUs
free (space available) domestic upgrades - and we're at 100%
The excellent (although less excellent than it used to be ) EXP desk
Really good (still) IRROPS support
Ah, but here's where I've had trouble - I'm at 50% for SWUs clearing this year (all with 4-6 month advance booking) and 65% domestic upgrade clearing (though the failed ones are mostly closer-in, 1-3 month advance booking). It's been a noticeable decrease (previous years were ~90% and 95% respectively).

I have no idea if it's because of increased competition from other elites (which annoys me if this is from promo-inflated numbers) or because of better sales of premium cabins (in which case, good for AA), but benefits that I can't use are not benefits.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by MAH4546
AA has never before done a non-targeted status offer that excluded elites. This is a first.

And yes, people who sign up get the SWUs.

Also, looks like AA pulled the offer of it's LinkedIn page.
The damage is already done. And they have, before, shortly after the time when AA grounded their fleet worldwide because of SABRE issues.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:30 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Interesting. I expect to see many elites rioting in the street. As for my fellow EXP complaints about upgrades... I think it is unfounded. After D/TEQM, my ability to upgrade didn't suffer at all. I only missed an upgrade once (when I went standby for an earlier flight). 2013 has been a good year. It is my hope that AA offers DEQM or DRDM for us elites as the year comes to a close.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, CC Gold
I am furious about this. I've already flown 68k this year and have 33k booked for the rest. I tried really hard to fly AA for those 68k and now somebody could just walk right up and get EXP by flying only 30k. AA has lost me here. It really bothers me that they specifically exclude elites.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:36 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SANLAXSFO
That's exactly my question, were else should I go? What is the best option for premium fare travelers? I just can't stay with AA.

AA has lost my business. It's a matter of principle.

AA marketing seems to believe that their premium travelers would take any abuse. AA has no understanding of what loyalty means, which - and it might come as a surprise to some of you- should go both ways.

I can understand the principle aspect, but I won't screw myself over principles. As long as we're each getting 8 SWUs, 100% domestic upgrades (and we're still getting that despite many prior comments about dilution and how this was going away), it would be silly for me to move, even though I don't like this promo. We like flying, so flying the miles to get EXP is no big deal. what would be the point of EXP if we were only flying 30K?

The program still works for us, despite this new offer, and previous offers. It would be silly to leave.

As to loyalty- you are completely off-base there. There is no loyalty from a company to customers. Ever. If you think you've found a case, you're wrong (maybe a rare exception somewhere). It's about continuing to get your money. If they've duped you (or anyone) into believing in "loyalty," then they've won the marketing campaign.

Similarly, loyalty from a customer to a company is also silly, IMO. As long as the benefits I get from AA are worth it to us, we stay. If not, and something is better, we go. So far, I don't know of anything better for the way we travel.

Still a lot more whining by people who will stick with AA for the most part (and some, admittedly, will go...but not many). If one feels so "slapped" do something about it. Commenting about it here is useless.

I don't like the promo, but I hardly feel "slapped." I still get EXP (with all the benefits) for 100K, same as before.

Cheers.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA EXP, US Platinum, VA Gold, Starwood Platinum 75, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Anyone having trouble signing up? I'm trying to put the code (no current AA status) and it's saying "promotional code is not valid..."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.