Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:05 pm

Yay, time to go run for AA EXPLAT assuming AA confirms its not targeted :P
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by LTH
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

The AAdvantage Terms and Conditions say one account per person. In the event of a mistake second account (such as with Citi cards--it has happened to most of us), AAdvantage CustSvc will link the accounts behind the scenes so that the miles post correctly.
Sure, but how will they be able to verify those two accounts belong to the same person? Without a unique identifier (SSN or something), they can never fully verify that. Some of us have pretty generic names...
Attempting to defraud AA is a very bad idea. AA has an entire office of staff whose sole job is to investigate customers who try to violate corporate rules and policies. If caught, you could lose ALL your miles and status and be prevented from future participation in AAdvantage.

Furthermore, FT TOS prohibit us from discussing/encouraging anybody to violate airline/program regulations.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: None since COVID - yet!
Originally Posted by ESpen36

Attempting to defraud AA is a very bad idea. AA has an entire office of staff whose sole job is to investigate customers who try to violate corporate rules and policies. If caught, you could lose ALL your miles and status and be prevented from future participation in AAdvantage.

Furthermore, FT TOS prohibit us from discussing/encouraging anybody to violate airline/program regulations.
I don't see anything in the terms that say you may not have more than one account? Maybe I'm missing it? https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/p...Conditions.jsp
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat, AA Gold :(
If i go to apply Citi AA creditcard, and "forget" to put my current number.
Then, I can get another by "mistake", and I can merge them later.
Before I merge them, I use the new to apply this promotion.
Is that a feasible story?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Is there an AA Mileage Calculator somewhere on their site? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Plat, AA Plat, SWA, Avis Pref., Hertz GLD
this sucks for us who currently are elites. thanks AA for once again screwing your elites over...
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
This is a huge slap in the face to current elites.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
I got off the phone with AAdvantage Customer Service. They claim that this promo was supposed to be targeted but was "leaked". But this promo has been spotted on LinkedIn. So I find that hard to believe.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
The LinkedIn post in question has been removed so it might have been posted by mistake..
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by rambro
Anyone with a good mileage run??? Might as well take advantage and fly some 30k now while its still worthwhile.
EZE-JFK on a P fare nets 10,564 EQMs r/t. My flights next week price out at $0.55 cpm (in First, remember!), and in Sept for less than $0.23 (also in F on P/A fares all the way EZE-MIA-LAX-DEN-DFW-JFK-EZE). Not necessarily the cpm-point that many look for in a mileage run, but it's not a bad opportunity, either, especially to fly up front in the old 777s.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by wazzupmac
I don't know about FB but it's the most recent post on their LinkedIn profile - http://www.linkedin.com/company/american-airlines
I don't see it anymore
Did AA take it down already?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by duc1986d
I don't see it anymore
Did AA take it down already?
Yes, it was up a few hours ago, now gone.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SANLAXSFO
You guessed wrong, I'm lucky to travel mostly on premium fares. I got near 150K points now (100K miles) and It's really annoying that AA doesn't send anything my way. The few times I traveled coach this year I didn't get upgraded. I reached 290K EQP last year, yet I am not considered more valuable that someone that gets 30 K miles today. For AA the EXP level has no value whatsoever, so it can be -practically- given away.

For EXPs it is time to start building 'equity' on other carriers, there is no life after 150K. It is time to flee, in particular if you fly on premium fares less than 100% of the time.

Anyone can recommend an alternative carrier to Asia/BOS/JFK from LAX?
You consider yourself "most people making these complaints"?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So still no word on whether 8 SWUs are awarded at the end of the promotion? Does AA only allow one fast track to elite per member lifetime?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold

What kinds on A/I prices are you seeing on the EZE P fare runs? Any minimum stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.