Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:29 pm

Question

Originally Posted by Xero
I got off the phone with AAdvantage Customer Service. They claim that this promo was supposed to be targeted but was "leaked". But this promo has been spotted on LinkedIn. So I find that hard to believe.
I wonder if they will honor the promo even if it was supposed to be targeted? I would love to have status with Delta and AA.

^
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1k; MR Platinum; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Xero
I got off the phone with AAdvantage Customer Service. They claim that this promo was supposed to be targeted but was "leaked". But this promo has been spotted on LinkedIn. So I find that hard to believe.
I was told by AAdvantage CS that it was a Facebook and LinkedIn campaign.

I saw it through the LinkedIn post. 0% chance that was an accident. It wasn't like it was a note that was just posted - it was marketing copy w/images etc.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by SethLevy
OMG, 30k for EXP. This means upgrades are going to be harder to get, I have now had to use miles plus co-pay on almost all of my JFK-SFO runs, or pay the discounted first class rate. JFK-LAS is very hard to get, so I generally buy the discounted first, which is only about $200 more than lowest coach.
Wow I have three round trips to Europe to make - October late, Thanksgiving and Xmas - provided I travel back New Years Eve. I can make Exec Plat - wow- just wow. I already made Delta DM - so wonderful.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by WhatsInYourBackpack
I was told by AAdvantage CS that it was a Facebook and LinkedIn campaign.

I saw it through the LinkedIn post. 0% chance that was an accident. It wasn't like it was a note that was just posted - it was marketing copy w/images etc.
But the post has been removed..
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Did anybody have their promo screenshot from Linkedin?
Please share
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by oceanside greg
This is crummy. I'm gold and my wife is Plat and neither of us get upgraded at all on AA. Adios American - we're done with this cr*p!
So your wife is going to give up 100% bonus miles on flights because someone else got a promo that you didn't?

I can completely understand why people are annoyed about this but why would you do yourself a further disservice by giving up bonuses you're not going to get elsewhere? Do you really think AA cares?...because they really don't.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by keepssmile
But the post has been removed..
Originally Posted by duc1986d
Did anybody have their promo screenshot from Linkedin?
Please share
Just go to the first post on this thread for the link to the promo. Why do you need a screenshot etc?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I just paid $240 for the platinum challenge last month and qualified into it; never flew American before. I think that might be the last time I will fly with them as well.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Just go to the first post on this thread for the link to the promo. Why do you need a screenshot etc?
Because if they refuse to honor it, you have an evidence to get them honor the promo
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Because if they refuse to honor it, you have an evidence to get them honor the promo
The link still works, so just go there.. They will honor anyone who signs up. My son just did 2 minutes ago.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
I just got off the phone with AA customer service after they called me (after I had emailed them). The rep was very understanding and flat out said to me "this promotion was a mistake" (not as in "it wasn't supposed to happen," but as in "this was a really bad idea.). She said she has been taking emails and calls non-stop from upset elites.

I have never complained about DEQM because I see that as a way to reward loyalty (especially since in the end, it truly only benefits already elite fliers).

I have never complained about targeted status offers because there is a science to how those people are targeted, and it's smart business sense to target select consumers to become loyal to AA.

This is something entirely different. The fact that just anybody - with the specific exclusion of AA elite fliers - can sign-up and become PLAT by flying a round-trip between LA and London is insulting.

I find this promotion a huge slap in the face to my loyalty and I've lost a whole lot of trust in them and how much they value me.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Delta
This has been available for several years...I have done this twice when taking overseas trips to get elite status for the next year.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

What kinds on A/I prices are you seeing on the EZE P fare runs? Any minimum stay?
EZE-JFK-EZE next week, purchased 10 days out, $5805.12, P fare. 3-day minimum stay.

EZE-MIA-LAX-DEN-DFW-JFK-EZE in Sept, purchased one month out, $4445.76, P/A fares. 10-day minimum stay.

EZE-MIA-ORD-DFW-EZE in Nov (Thanksgiving), purchased three months out, $4445.72, P/A fares, seven-day minimum stay.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
I don't see it anymore
Did AA take it down already?
http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Better register while you still can. AA is probably going to pull the registration code soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.