Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: SPG: Platinum
Thumbs down Codes Don't Work

I am a nothing at AA. About 7500 miles in my account. None of the 3 posted codes worked for me. It did not display in "View all offers"
Old Aug 14, 2013, 5:53 pm

I can't believe they forgot to leave out the clause "only for people who saw the ad." if they had done that in the first place none of this would have happened.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
I wouldn't yet. I spoke with CS on behalf of one of my sons who registered and was told that this time, because this promo had really gotten out of hand (or words to that effect), AA would actually be sending emails to those who registered but were not targeted. He said that they would be looking at each person who registered before they "closed it" today (I think he meant before they corrected it) and determining whether they should get the promo. He agreed that I would have no way of knowing that I was not going to get an email if I had not yet received it. I am going to call back and confirm before my son books his flights.

So do we call them to confirm enrollment or just wait for an email? I got the email confirmation but want to be sure it'll count before I start making those reservations.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I can't believe they forgot to leave out the clause "only for people who saw the ad." if they had done that in the first place none of this would have happened.
We would have had a bunch of people register anyway, but nobody would have gotten their hopes up! And then like all targeted AA promo codes, when it didn't come through for non-targeted folks, there wouldn't be any issues.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: SPG: Platinum
Thumbs down No Switch to AA For Me

Originally Posted by A5Globetrotter
Anyone having trouble signing up? I'm trying to put the code (no current AA status) and it's saying "promotional code is not valid..."
Same for me. I will remember this when choosing airlines. If I had qualified for the promo, I would have switched loyalty to AA. Now I will stay with UA and WN for domestic.

so they got a few who signed up, but really pissed off a lot of current elites and others that might have switched.

Sounds like they didn't think this through.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, UA Silver, MR/SPG LT Plat, HH LT Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred+
The page you requested no longer exists or has expired. Please visit AA.com to view current AA news and info.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:03 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by logicalrealist
Twitter has been filled with anger / disappointment / confusion
Just another day in paradise.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Does anybody have a working code?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: AS, Hyatt
Originally Posted by fevercity
FB Code just went through. Got the conf email:

Thank you for registering for the H3TFB promotion on AA.com
For most of us, it appears that H3TFB stands for the "H3TooF---ingBad" promo.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Whoever at AA who devised this promotion should be summarily terminated.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dickinson
Whoever at AA who devised this promotion should be summarily terminated.
*crosses fingers* Please be Doug Parker, please be Doug Parker, please be Doug Parker
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bttc
I'm off to yell at some CSRs.

I really expect better of AA than this--I've switched to AA from DL this year and have flown ~50K miles so far. It would take me less time to qualify for EXP if I'd done no flying at all.

I really hope AA comes through for elites with this.
Why would you yell at CSRs over a decision made by AA executive management?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
It looks like all 4 of the promo codes are gone.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
Dang should have checked this morning. This could have been nice and would have been my first attempt at an actual status for an airline
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by cldflyer
Same for me. I will remember this when choosing airlines. If I had qualified for the promo, I would have switched loyalty to AA. Now I will stay with UA and WN for domestic.
You're annoyed at AA for not honoring a promo that you wouldn't qualify for anyway?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.