Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Chewy311
This was posted on the AA Facebook site, so presuming it got a relatively broad audience...
I don't see it there.

In any case, don't all AA promos allow everyone to sign up? The filtering usually happens on the back end. I signed up (non-elite) and would jump on this in a heartbeat but want to make sure it's actually properly allowed on my account.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pritomd
Hasn't this always existed as a challenge, it just wasn't made known to everyone?

Edit: sorry, didn't see it's NOT EQP based, and no signup fee.
This is free, the other challenges required upfront payment. Also, EXP is not available on the free challenges (as well as this being EQM not EQP based) -> as you've noted in your edit.

Last edited by deeruck; Aug 14, 2013 at 10:59 am Reason: As you've noted in your edit.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
So if you are currently an EXP with more than 60k to go to EXP requlification, what would happen if you cash out your miles in your current account and open a new account, fly just 30k and gain EXP. Any issues will having a new account number, the person would of course close their old account when they open a new one. I guess they start Million Miler again.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Perhaps another offer for existing elites is forthcoming or will be announced if there is enough outcry from existing elites......
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: UA PS, AA GLD, SPG GLD, PC PLT, CC GLD
Got a targeted email with similar conditions, but it came with 10 500-mile upgrades as well. I lost my AA status this year and flew them occasionally in the past for business, I'm guessing that accounted for it.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by britenbsas
Indeed! I have 31795 EQMs to fly during the period of this offer and will end the year as PLT. If I open a brand new AAdvantage account and credit the flights to that account I'll be EXP. Not sure whether AA would pick up on the duplicate accounts though. Crazy
Yup. I have 67K EQP right now and have to earn 33K more EQP to requalify.

I could just create a new account and fly 30K EQM on cheapo fares!!! Maybe I'll go ahead and do that.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
EVIPs will be falling from the sky next year with all these freshly minted EXPs. Good luck getting any evip upgrades to clear next year!!
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:15 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
So basically the 30,000 EQMs I'm flying between now and december 31st are getting me PLT until 2015, but anyone who signs up and flies the same amount of miles will be EXP. Good Job AA!
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:15 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by vxmike
EVIPs will be falling from the sky next year with all these freshly minted EXPs. Good luck getting any evip upgrades to clear next year!!
We've already booked and cleared ours for Nov/Jan/Feb

Even before this they were not easy, so we decided to be proactive. Booking early likely costs a bit more, but confirmed SWUs is worth a small premium.

Cheers.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Perhaps another offer for existing elites is forthcoming or will be announced if there is enough outcry from existing elites......
I agree. This offer does not make much sense to me without a parallel offer exclusive for AA elites. This offer is effectively hurting AA's current loyal customer and rewarding non-loyal customers. My only explanation is that AA did not think their current elites would find out. I am also surprised that if there is a parallel offer, why not release them at the same time?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
At the very least they could have left EXP out of the challenge.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Another slap in the face to existing members who gain status the hard way. Thanks, AA.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Does ExPlat come with the SWUs?

So will I get the SWUs if I reach ExPlat with this promo? Doesn't seem to specify on the website.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:24 am

I just accepted a fast track gold challenge two weeks ago, haven't made any flights yet though. Any chance I could cancel and sign up for this one? I've never been an AA elite, but now have instant gold until nov.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vxmike
I personally don't think the sky is falling. I can't imagine that if you're not already an Elite (GLD) at a minimum by now, you are inclined to fly 30K miles b/w September and end of December. And if you did, what are the chances that your travel habits will change so much that suddenly you're jetting around the world burning SWUs next year? I'm sure some will look at this as a once in a life time opportunity to jump to the top tier, but they will be few and far in between.

Originally Posted by B7e7US
So basically the 30,000 EQMs I'm flying between now and december 31st are getting me PLT until 2015, but anyone who signs up and flies the same amount of miles will be EXP. Good Job AA!
But I do agree that it sucks for those who are trying to earn status the old fashioned way!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.