Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

FoundersCard is back (NO LONGER OFFERING GLD mini-challenge/discounts - May 20, 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FoundersCard is back (NO LONGER OFFERING GLD mini-challenge/discounts - May 20, 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT

I got this email offer this AM. Does anyone know if the 10% discount on AA is real? i.e. more real than last fall when they were pushing this card?

here's the message I received:
"Hi Bill,

As a referral of a Charter Member, I'd like to extend to you an exclusive invitation to apply for FOUNDERSCARD Membership at the preferred annual rate of $199 (60% off our standard rate of $495). As a member, you will receive access to hundreds of unique benefits including new offerings from American Airlines, Apple, Equinox, FedEx, Virgin Atlantic, and zipcar.

This exclusive invitation is valid until Wednesday, July 6th and accessible by entering the promo code CHARTER11 in the billing section of your application.

Click here to access your Guest Preview of our site where you can see a complete list of our member benefits and apply for membership.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at your convenience by replying directly to this email or by calling our Member Services Team at 212.343.9800.

Best,
Gina

FOUNDERSCARD
Gina Rayson
Membership Director
o: 212.343.9800
c: 917.208.7564
"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

5/21/2012 - According to member reports, FoundersCard is NO LONGER OFFERING AA Gold Status mini-challenges or AA discount codes.

8/17/2011 - FoundersCard is reportedly currently offering a 'mini-challenge' providing AAdvantage Gold status after two paid roundtrip flights within a 3-month period between 9/1/11 – 2/1/12.

In the spirit of full disclosure, FT members should note that FoundersCard members who recruit new members reportedly receive rewards/benefits.

Disclaimer: The AA Forum Moderators take no position on the validity of any benefits reported by other FlyerTalk members. Neither FlyerTalk nor American AAdvantage Moderators make any representation or substantiate any benefit or offering fro this company, and endorsement is neither made nor implied by allowing this thread.

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; May 23, 2012 at 11:18 pm Reason: updated mod note
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
When I first read your post, I thought it read "accessible by entering the promo code CHAPTER11 in the billing section..." That was good for a chuckle or two.

I'm afraid I cannot speak to FoundersCard's veracity this time around, but we all remember what happened last time...
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:23 am

Yes the 10% discount codes do seem to work whenever I have had to book. The codes they provide work on a quarterly basis.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Microwave
I'm afraid I cannot speak to FoundersCard's veracity this time around, but we all remember what happened last time...
I just remember that a good time was had by all!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by CityFlyerNYC
the 10% discount codes do seem to work
Here is their page detailing the benefit:
http://founderscard.com/benefits/124
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by _kurt
Here is their page detailing the benefit:
http://founderscard.com/benefits/124
Says you must be logged in to see the page. Can you copy/paste the contents, I'm curious...
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wonder if AA has approved whatever these (former?) scam artists are saying about alleged AA benefits? To me, once a con-man, always a con-man. Trust is a difficult thing to earn back.

Caveat Emptor, everyone.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Wonder if AA has approved whatever these (former?) scam artists are saying about alleged AA benefits? To me, once a con-man, always a con-man. Trust is a difficult thing to earn back.

Caveat Emptor, everyone.
^^^^^This I agree with... ^^^

...but I am curious to see what they're claiming this time to be their benefits. Aside from the 10% off codes, which I could make sense off, I don't see what else they could possible offer to make their membership worthwhile that isn't fraudulent.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by Phasers
Says you must be logged in to see the page. Can you copy/paste the contents, I'm curious...
here's the AA page:
"
American Airlines, International
4333 Amon Carter Blvd
Fort Worth, TX 76155
1-800-223-5436
American Airlines

Widely recognized as one of the world's premier airlines, American provides extensive coverage and an award-winning website. American has flights to 250 cities in 40 countries and is a founding member of the oneworld® Alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business.

FOUNDERSCARD BENEFIT

Benefit
FoundersCard Members are eligible for 10% off of most flights on all classes of services and routes.

Additional Information & Offer Exclusions
June 17-19, June 24-26, 2011
"
(I don't know what these dates mean... this is all the info that seems to be available.)
Old Jun 30, 2011, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
A bit of deep link digging got these:

https://founderscard.com/benefits/124

https://founderscard.com/techcentralsf

Edit: I see this is the same link as before, but for some reason when I found it outside of FT I was able to get in without the logon screen. Strange.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP 28/34 + 1 AE, UA PremEx 1/1, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Hertz PC
Hmm, with only a 10% discount, I'd probably opt for the Costco giftcards.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by FWAAA

Caveat Emptor, everyone.
Definitely agree ^

What's the old saying? "If it looks too good to be true it probably is" (or something like that). The 10-20% off on Qantas could make the card pay for itself in one flight so it's tempting if you travel to Oz.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by statics
Hmm, with only a 10% discount, I'd probably opt for the Costco giftcards.
Wouldn't they be stackable? I though the gift cards worked with promo codes?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 8:19 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by swag
Wouldn't they be stackable? I though the gift cards worked with promo codes?
They do. So, yes, one could stack.

Cheers.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Ah yes, the FoundersCard incident, what fun that was! Somewhere on FT there should be a list of the various famous/infamous/comical situations for sentimental reasons

I guess the 10% could be worthwhile depending what you'd normally spend and with the Costco cards. But I'd not put much trust in that outfit after the past experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.