Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Great AA Mileage Race to "D-Day" (MM change day) - 12/1/11

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by liztexas
Hello all. I've worked to read through all the threads here as well as the other thread about the changes in the program and didn't see this question (though the bifocals occasionally fail.)

If you apply using the link from MM Secrets, or other sources, there isn't reference to receiving bonus miles after a min of charges on the page. Do you have to complete the application process to know? I have an AA amex but it's over 18 months old and I was thinking of going for the visa.

Any insight appreciated. Don't want another card without the bonus miles for signing up and spending the min as per the card specs.

Thanks
Read post #2. If it doesn't answer all of your questions about Citi 75K apps, read it again carefully.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...t-2-first.html
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hiijacker
Question:

My brother (who shares the same last name as me) has about 100,000 starpoints.

Would I be able to transfer those point to AA miles directly to my FF number?

Would it be preferable to try to directyl transfer the starpoints first to my account? Only issue is we dont live at the same address, so i dont know if that can be done unless i change his or my address.

What do you think?
I don't think they can go from his Starwood to your AAdvantage account. I also think you are correct regarding the same address. Earlier this year (in the rumored changes thread), someone said they the transfers of Starwood to Starwood account required that the accounts have the same address.

Dan
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by danorum
I don't think they can go from his Starwood to your AAdvantage account. I also think you are correct regarding the same address. Earlier this year (in the rumored changes thread), someone said they the transfers of Starwood to Starwood account required that the accounts have the same address.

Dan
They must have had the same address for the past 30 days. So, change the address now, wait 30 days (+ a day or two to be safe), merge all SPG points, wait a day or two to confirm eveything was successful, make daily SPG transfers to AA in increments of 60k SPG points (75K AA miles). They'll post within 10 days usually (I think the following Tue or Wed) with a date of the day you initiated the transfer.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:49 pm

Citi checking?

How come at 16 pages no one had mentioned Citi Checking - up to 23,500 ?

The offer C247 seems to be alive till Aug 31, the page is up:
https://online.citibank.com/US/JRSAO...&resetApp=true

In the large thread in Buzz someone mentioned it's dead, I think it's wrong...
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA
Originally Posted by neophyte
How come at 16 pages no one had mentioned Citi Checking - up to 23,500 ?

The offer C247 seems to be alive till Aug 31, the page is up:
https://online.citibank.com/US/JRSAO...&resetApp=true

In the large thread in Buzz someone mentioned it's dead, I think it's wrong...
Possibly because of the delays and PITA of getting those miles posted. i fought with Citi for over 2 months before getting the miles to post
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Maui Time
On the PC website in the Manage Account section. Go to the transfers tab. AA will be a US Partner.

I believe they are .2 PC point for 1 AA mile.
It is actually 5 PC points for 1 AA mile.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Keith Flyer Maven
Possibly because of the delays and PITA of getting those miles posted. i fought with Citi for over 2 months before getting the miles to post
Right, but desperate times call for desperate measures

DD applies - document the application process, save pages and screenshots.
Besides, if you maintain CitiGold - they have pretty good customer service, I'm yet to encounter a problem they won't resolve.

Re-read the the T&Cs - existing Checking customers are not eligible, so I'll pass.

But the offer is alive, new code C2ZZ good till 09/30

Last edited by neophyte; Aug 30, 2011 at 4:02 pm
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
No one seems to have mentioned Club Bing here yet; but I got 1000 miles posted today (to put me at 1.905), which reminded me of it. Admittedly, I did not read this entire thread; but I did do an Advanced Search on the subject, and this thread didn't appear in the results.

Participants play games to earn tickets. Tickets can then be redeemed for AA miles (among other things). It isn't fast, sure-fire, or simple, nor is it a windfall payout (right now, the max that can be earned is 7100 miles); but it is a relatively painless way to boost a MM balance by a few more miles before 1 Dec. It's also mildly entertaining.

The miles generally post ~8 weeks from date of redemption. If anyone wants more info, there's a huge thread in MilesBuzz on the subject.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Priority Rewards Platinum
Cool re: Citibank C247 and C2zz

I just took the time to do the application online for Citibank checking account with C247. I could not open online, so I called the number and to get this offer you must have an aadvantage credit card with citibank. Tried to lookup the C2ZZ, it does not show up.

chase those miles....but I am NOT a Citibank fan...
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by MyTravels
[*]shareAAmiles - 15k miles for $180 ($0.012/mile)
NOTE: shareAAmiles not incrementally new, just paying 1.2cents to move miles between accounts)
For those looking to shareAAmiles you may be able to earn a 15% bump as shareAAmiles are proceed through points.com

Points.com 15% bonus on point or miles on trades and exchanges

Since it says trades or exchanges I don't know if it'd work on buy or gift miles. It would be nice it it was stackable with the 50k for the price of 40k for buyAAmiles.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:23 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Quick citi question. It's been three months since I got a personal Visa and Biz Visa.

Can I now get a personal Amex and a Biz MasterCard? Sould I cancel either of the 1st two before applying?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold SPG Gold ($30K AMEX)
Other Credit Cards and time for posting

I have 1100 Choice Points expiring uselessly at the end of the year so I was thinking of applying for Barclays Choice 24,000 points which would allow me to convert 25,000 Choice Points into 5,000 AAdvantage miles. Does anybody know how long it takes to (1) receive points from Choice and (2) convert Choice Points to AAdvantage miles?

I just found out you need to be Amtrak Select to transfer from Amtrak to Choice; getting their credit card bestows this status. So I am also thinking of getting the Amtrak credit card (I believe a 30,000 point award) so I can transfer Continental miles to Amtrak points to Choice points to AAdvantage miles. Does anybody know how long it takes to go from (1) Continental miles to Amtrak Points (2) to Choice Points to (3) AAdvantage miles?

Thanks - the race is on!!!!! Now sitting at 889,966 after my 14,000 PC transfer hit. Still waiting on a 25,000 AMEX Starwood transfer and will cross the $1000 threshold for a 30,000 Citi award on 9/5.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:35 pm

What is mileage maximizer and how do you use it?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ritz
Well all,

With the AA announcement today that Million Miler status qualification will officially change as of 12/1/11, many of us are wondering how and what we're going to do to get to that next Million Mile threshold. Whether its folks who are racing to get their First MM out of the way and finally get the Lifetime Gold benefits, striding forth to 2MM and Lifetime Platinum, or beyond - all of us who've been involved in this Great Mileage Race now have an actual deadline:

12/1/11

In the interest of full disclosure, I sit at roughly 1.3MM and would've liked nothing better than to make 2MM by sometime next year. Like most of you, I accrue with Citicards, Bankdirect, and Fidelity. I also used the Wells Fargo mortgage option on 3 properties.

Beyond that, I use National Car Rental 365 days/year and send it all to AA (long term business relo). Take the AA mileage option on all HH hotel stays and, of course, transfer SPG and Diners Club whenever possible. I use Energy Plus, DirecTV, AT&T Wireless and Netflix. And as nealy all of you do - I use e-shopping, Flowers, and AAdvantage Dining to its fullest.

So, 2 BIG questions ...

How are you going to make it to your next threshold before the big day? and...

What are you going to change in terms of "lifestyle earning" after 12/1/11 ??
Thanks for your info!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by li33gwm
What is mileage maximizer and how do you use it?
Do you mean the mileage multiplier:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/yourChoi...Multiplier.jsp

or the mileage maximizer:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/MileageMaximizer.jsp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.