Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Great AA Mileage Race to "D-Day" (MM change day) - 12/1/11

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Orlando Vic
I am currently at 930,029 and starting to get concerned...

Then lightning struck and I saw this link: http://millionmilesecrets.com/2011/0...vantage-miles/ The phrase that caught my eye was "However, in my experience, churning Citibank AAdvantage credit cards is possible, but you have to wait for at least 18 months since the last successful approval to reapply." I knew it had been 18 months, so I took a chance......and got my approval with 75K miles (as soon as I spend $1,500 in 6 months). So...it looks like I'll make it!!!
Just wanted to point out that your $1500 spend probably needs to be completed in time for the credit card bill posting before Dec 1 in order to get the 75K miles to count toward Million Mile status...so you'll have a shorter timeframe than 6 months (after Dec 1 you'd still get the 75K RDM's, but not counting toward MM).
Old Aug 29, 2011, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I'm sure it has been posted here, but an option is to do a mileague run and buy the miles that are offered upon checkin, the maximizer, at a cost of 3 cents per mile. Not the best rate, but a good option if you really want to increase your balance. So for a mileage run you can potentially get up to 5X miles (base+elite+double maximizer purchase and double miles bonuses on select routes)
Actually, you could do 6x: quad mile purchase + PLT/EXP bonus + DEQM route
Old Aug 29, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by feeb1
Just wanted to point out that your $1500 spend probably needs to be completed in time for the credit card bill posting before Dec 1 in order to get the 75K miles to count toward Million Mile status...so you'll have a shorter timeframe than 6 months (after Dec 1 you'd still get the 75K RDM's, but not counting toward MM).
You are exactly right. I plan to purchase no-fee gift cards from merchants we frequently patronize for groceries and gasoline. These are charges we would incur anyway, but we'll just prepay several months worth. My goal is to have the requisite $1,500 in charges completed in the first billing cycle. Also, since my (USAA) homeowners & auto insurance is billed to my existing Citi AAdvantage MasterCard, in monthly installments, I'll prepay the rest of what I owe for the policy year on the new Citi AA Visa.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:24 am

Advice please ...

I have the Citi AA Platinum Master Card (almost 2 years). I have a Citi AA AMEX (6 months). I would like to get the new AA World Elite Master Card.
I would also like to be sure get the 25000 bonus miles offered. Should I just apply online first and see what happens and if rejected call Customer Service and ask for an upgrade on the existing card?

Reading FT and seeing something about 45 day cooling off period, I think I need to get this done ASAP to meet the December 1 deadline.

Thanks in advance for the advice
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by theflyingfox
I have the Citi AA Platinum Master Card (almost 2 years). I have a Citi AA AMEX (6 months). I would like to get the new AA World Elite Master Card.
I would also like to be sure get the 25000 bonus miles offered. Should I just apply online first and see what happens and if rejected call Customer Service and ask for an upgrade on the existing card?

Reading FT and seeing something about 45 day cooling off period, I think I need to get this done ASAP to meet the December 1 deadline.
I have a Citi AA AMEX and a Citi AA World Elite Gold Master Card, but why don't you go for the a Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Visa Signature Card instead and get the 75K? Frankly, I was very (happily) shocked that I was approved for this because of the "first-time applicant" rule

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2011/0...vantage-miles/
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: As many as I can!

Citi has a 2 applications in 60 days policy so you could also apply for the Citi AA Business card with 75K miles as well!
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Plat Hhonors Gold
Is anyone else having problems getting the buy miles page to work? I have tried several times in the last day and it has not worked.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
... Also, since my (USAA) homeowners & auto insurance is billed to my existing Citi AAdvantage MasterCard, in monthly installments, I'll prepay the rest of what I owe for the policy year ...
Thanks for the reminder, I just did the same thing.

Geez I like FT, like an extra brain, one with a much better memory than mine!

Thanks again!
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

I have a Citi AA AMEX and a Citi AA World Elite Gold Master Card, but why don't you go for the a Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Visa Signature Card instead and get the 75K? Frankly, I was very (happily) shocked that I was approved for this because of the "first-time applicant" rule

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2011/0...vantage-miles/
I would also consider requesting the upgrade on your existing card to the Citi Exec card. That way you can score the extra 25K without it being counted against you as a new Citi app within the 60 day time frame.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:33 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by FlyerMC

2. I just transferred over 70,000 Priority Club points.
Where do you transfer Priority Club points to AA? Points.com ?

how many aa miles do you get for 70K PC points?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
Where do you transfer Priority Club points to AA? Points.com ?

how many aa miles do you get for 70K PC points?

On the PC website in the Manage Account section. Go to the transfers tab. AA will be a US Partner.

I believe they are .2 PC point for 1 AA mile.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat
How can you be sure you are eligible for the bonus miles on cc?

Hello all. I've worked to read through all the threads here as well as the other thread about the changes in the program and didn't see this question (though the bifocals occasionally fail.)

If you apply using the link from MM Secrets, or other sources, there isn't reference to receiving bonus miles after a min of charges on the page. Do you have to complete the application process to know? I have an AA amex but it's over 18 months old and I was thinking of going for the visa.

Any insight appreciated. Don't want another card without the bonus miles for signing up and spending the min as per the card specs.

Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Maui Time
On the PC website in the Manage Account section. Go to the transfers tab. AA will be a US Partner.

I believe they are .2 PC point for 1 AA mile.
Hm, when I click on transfer link it asks me for my PC account and then for Recipient PC account. Don't see any option to change it to AA?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
Hm, when I click on transfer link it asks me for my PC account and then for Recipient PC account. Don't see any option to change it to AA?
At the top of the page click on redeem points, then United States, then airlines miles/credits.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
At the top of the page click on redeem points, then United States, then airlines miles/credits.
Got it. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.