Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% to 35% Bonus miles on hotel point transfers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:03 am

Can someone confirm with certainty -- do you need to register with AA or otherwise tell anyone anything before you make the transfer from SPG-->AA? Usually you need to register for such promos, but I can't find any such link.

Given this has to complete by June 30, what is the best guess of how late one can initiate the transfer?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by jumbotusk
Can someone confirm with certainty -- do you need to register with AA or otherwise tell anyone anything before you make the transfer from SPG-->AA? Usually you need to register for such promos, but I can't find any such link.

Given this has to complete by June 30, what is the best guess of how late one can initiate the transfer?
Registration is NOT required.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:12 am

35% on 1,500?

Here's an interesting data point.
I transferred 40,00 from SPG and got the expected total of 67,500 miles.

What was unexpected was that I transferred some misc Hilton points over that turned in 1,500 miles and I got a 35% bonus on those as well.

Both of these have the same transfer date but that's it as far as having anything in common with each other.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pkerr
Registration is NOT required.
AFAIK, there isn't even a way to register.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:51 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold 1MM, BA Blue again :-(, Hilton Silver
Impossible to say, I did a Hilton one yesterday and it said to allow for 30 days, I"m hoping it doesn't take anywhere near that long obviously, and you'd hope that the wording is perhaps imprecise and they meant 'started" as the actual time for the transfer is out of your control.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by Flyer1965
Welcome to AA!

I read elsewhere that SPG points transferred to AA usually post Sunday or Monday weekly. I'm waiting for mine to post from a transfer earlier this week.

My Marriott miles transferred over within 24 hours. the 35% bonus miles post at the same time as the main transferred miles. there was no lag at all.

I believe this is what I remember about this - are others all seeing their points transfer by the first Monday after their request? Is there any risk of my points not posting in time for the bonus if I do it today? Since next Monday is June 28 I would think I would be ok, just need a little extra confirmation.

UPDATE:
I found the thread in the Starwood forum that discusses this topic:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...points-aa.html

Last edited by GrizShel; Jun 21, 2010 at 3:00 pm Reason: update
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by GrizShel
I believe this is what I remember about this - are others all seeing their points transfer by the first Monday after their request? Is there any risk of my points not posting in time for the bonus if I do it today? Since next Monday is June 28 I would think I would be ok, just need a little extra confirmation.
Posting time doesn't matter. It's the time of the initial transfer that is key. Look back on some of the earlier posts and that issue is addressed.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
I just received my first posting of miles today, complete with the bonus included. No registration required (or possible), as previously mentioned.

20,000 SPG points netted me 33,750 AA miles. Possibly one of the best promos of the year if you ask me!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
If I have 155K in Marriott points how many AA miles would I get?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
If I have 155K in Marriott points how many AA miles would I get?
60K + 21K (35%) = 81,000 miles See http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/moreairmi.mi
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA (ExecPlat, >2MM), United (Gold, >1 MM), HH (Diamond), SPG (Gold), Accorhotels (Gold)
Depends on the hotel

Originally Posted by emma dog
Interesting, but I don't think it's such a hot deal.

I currently have 140k HHonors points after going on a spending spree. That still gets me 3+ nights in a hotel despite the devaluation. 140k converted to aadvantage despite the 35% bonus gets me a domestic saaver ticket.

What do others think?
I used HHonors pts to get a free night at the Conrad Tokyo - $685 if I had paid, well worth the 40K pts. On the other hand, if you are going to use the pts for a $85 Hampton Inn, the miles might be better. Miles for international tickets tend to be a better exchange. So it depends on what you want to do with the miles/pts.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: American, BA, NWA, United, US Air
Priority Club Points

I read about all the wonderful transfers from SPG to AA miles. I have Priority Club points and can only transfer 45k out. This is not a great sum and I expect at 8000 AA miles to 40k points, it does not bring very much. The hotel points in itself are perhaps more worthwhile. US Air, of course, offers 50%, but even that is not such a great deal with Priority points. Am I reading this correctly?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trojanman
I just received my first posting of miles today, complete with the bonus included. No registration required (or possible), as previously mentioned.

20,000 SPG points netted me 33,750 AA miles. Possibly one of the best promos of the year if you ask me!
GRRR !

My Hyatt Transfer did not show up in the account today & I initated it exactly one week ago. Would be the first time something with Hyatt's IT would actually work well.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I transferred 125K Marriott points for 50K miles. The 50K miles show, but the 35% bonus does not. Is there a lag from miles posting to bonus showing?

Ts&Cs state: Bonus miles will be posted within 7 business days after partner awards miles for conversion activity.

But most here seem to report that bonus shows right away.

Last edited by cova; Jun 22, 2010 at 10:52 am
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:57 am

Location: NC USA (AA 2 Million Miler, AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold)
Originally Posted by cova
I transferred 125K Marriott points for 50K miles. The 50K miles show, but the 35% bonus does not. Is there a lag from miles posting to bonus showing?

Ts&Cs state: Bonus miles will be posted within 7 business days after partner awards miles for conversion activity.

But most here seem to report that bonus shows right away.
as long as you did a regular miles transfer and not mileage transfer from the miles/hotel package (your description sounds like you are good to go), i am quite sure you'll get them soon. package miles don't bonus, but the regular ones do.

mine took 24 hours and they were both there as separate entries. i did several 125k redemptions, had several 50k mile entries and several 17,500 bonuses listed separately, all the next day. don't know if they update throughout the day or if it's overnight. try tomorrow. they probably have a ton. not to worry about the date, you have proof you transferred and qualify for the bonus if they have to do it manually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.