25% to 35% Bonus miles on hotel point transfers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:51 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
deleted...
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by emma dog
Interesting, but I don't think it's such a hot deal.

I currently have 140k HHonors points after going on a spending spree. That still gets me 3+ nights in a hotel despite the devaluation. 140k converted to aadvantage despite the 35% bonus gets me a domestic saaver ticket.

What do others think?
You have think about how you'd like to use those points. A few more HH points (35-60K), and you can stay for 6 days at many nice HH properties worldwide, and that can be worth quite a bit (I do this once a year). I tend to only use mileage awards for premium long-distance travel, and 140 HH points converted could definitely get a nice trip for 2 round trip. I definitely would not use the 140 HH points for 3 nights though. I always try to get the 6 days or more Hilton VIP bonus utilization on the HH points.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:05 am

Location: NC USA (AA 2 Million Miler, AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold)
my marriott points are all cashed in for AA miles. had several hundred thousand, this will get me most of the way to the couple hundred thousand AA miles I needed for 2M miles. Bye Marriott, hello Hilton and Starwood
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by YourAAdvantageVoice
Thanks for everyone’s interest in our hotel conversion bonus miles offer – it is a sweet deal! We noticed that there’s some anxiety over conversions possibly being excluded if they post after the promotion period – but no worries! As long as you make the transaction within the time frame listed, then you will qualify for the bonus miles regardless of when the transaction is credited to your account. As for the green diamond next to Marriott, every Marriott brand – except for Marriott Vacation Club – is eligible. Because of that one exception, the Marriott “Family of Brands” did not get the green diamond designation.

Enjoy!
Thanks, may I know how AA will be convinced of the exact date of the transaction?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:55 pm

More answers!

Several more good questions have been raised – here are the answers:

-The bonus miles only apply to point-to-mile conversions. Hotel stays and travel packages are easily distinguishable when they come to us for posting and they are not eligible for this promotion. And when they come to us for posting it's by "transaction date" not "posting date."

-For all conversions from SPG, the AAdvantage bonus will apply to the total number of miles posted (so, for example, redeem 20,000 SPG points for 25,000 AAdvantage miles, and you will receive AAdvantage bonus miles on the full 25,000 miles credited in the original transaction).

-This bonus is coming from the AAdvantage program, and not our hotel participants, so we don’t expect their representatives to be able to answer any questions about it. The point-to-mile conversion must be initiated through the hotel participant – it’s the bonus piece that’s strictly an AA-based initiative. All bonus miles posted by AA will be in your account approximately 7 business days after the original conversion transaction has posted.

-We are adding the green diamond by the link for Marriott’s Family of Brands. All the Marriott brands that normally participate in points-to-miles conversions are included in this promotion. Contrary to my previous post, the omission of the green diamond was an oversight.

-You can convert with as many hotels as you want and will get the bonus on each one. We do not allow the combining of transactions in order to reach a certain threshold. If you do one conversion to get 40K AAdvantage miles, then you get a 35% bonus. If you transact twice to get 20K miles each time, you will only get the 25% bonus on each conversion.

Hope these answers help clear the air!
Old Jun 15, 2010, 1:47 pm
In memoriam

Thanks! Your information is very reassuring.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 2:25 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold

-The bonus miles only apply to point-to-mile conversions. Hotel stays and travel packages are easily distinguishable when they come to us for posting and they are not eligible for this promotion. And when they come to us for posting it's by "transaction date" not "posting date."

-For all conversions from SPG, the AAdvantage bonus will apply to the total number of miles posted (so, for example, redeem 20,000 SPG points for 25,000 AAdvantage miles, and you will receive AAdvantage bonus miles on the full 25,000 miles credited in the original transaction).

-This bonus is coming from the AAdvantage program, and not our hotel participants, so we don’t expect their representatives to be able to answer any questions about it. The point-to-mile conversion must be initiated through the hotel participant – it’s the bonus piece that’s strictly an AA-based initiative. All bonus miles posted by AA will be in your account approximately 7 business days after the original conversion transaction has posted.

-We are adding the green diamond by the link for Marriott’s Family of Brands. All the Marriott brands that normally participate in points-to-miles conversions are included in this promotion. Contrary to my previous post, the omission of the green diamond was an oversight.

-You can convert with as many hotels as you want and will get the bonus on each one. We do not allow the combining of transactions in order to reach a certain threshold. If you do one conversion to get 40K AAdvantage miles, then you get a 35% bonus. If you transact twice to get 20K miles each time, you will only get the 25% bonus on each conversion.

Thanks so much for the clarifications and assurances. Your participation here is extremely appreciated!
Old Jun 15, 2010, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,

I agree with the last two posts. No real surprises in your answers, but your confirmations of our assumptions are appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt GP Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by swag
I agree with the last two posts. No real surprises in your answers, but your confirmations of our assumptions are appreciated. Thanks!
+1
Old Jun 16, 2010, 5:00 am

Programs: VA Gold
edit: reposted in PC board..

Last edited by Must...Fly!; Jun 16, 2010 at 5:55 am
Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:12 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I've never done a conversion from Marriott to AA, but per this link you can request it online.
Well, after posting this, I decided to push the button. Now, less than 24 hours after my request, the converted miles and the bonus miles showed up in my AA account.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
Well, after posting this, I decided to push the button. Now, less than 24 hours after my request, the converted miles and the bonus miles showed up in my AA account.

That's pretty quick. I'm still on the fence, but may be interested in the nights and flights option.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by chanp
That's pretty quick. I'm still on the fence, but may be interested in the nights and flights option.
You may want to read post #65 in this thread before making too many plans...
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:31 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC

Another question:

I just requested a transfer of 900,000 Priority Club points to 180,000 miles. At the end of the call I was told that the 180,000 miles would post in increments of 24,000 miles. That will mean seven postings for 24,000 miles and one posting for 12,000 miles? Will the 12,000 mile posting receiving the 35% bonus?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Hmmmm...
Another wrinkle for you number crunchers.

I can trade in 20,000 SPG pts and get 33,750 AA miles.

OR I can use the 20,000 points and have SPG buy a ticket for me on AA valued between $215 and $265 that will earn miles and that can be upgraded.

Hmmmm.... What to do? What to do?

Last edited by pkerr; Jun 16, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.