Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% to 35% Bonus miles on hotel point transfers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 2.5MM, SPG-Plat, HH-Gold, PC-Platinum
mine posted today. Transferred 60k, received 75k and 26,250 bonus.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup - I got my SPG points + bonus + bonus. I've got to wait for my next cc bill to close and then transfer my last bit before June 30. I think I'm going to transfer every last point, figuring 35% is better than 25% for the non-20K remainder.

I've also got Hilton points that needed a little extra push. So I dined, and it shows up in HHiltonDining, but the points haven't credited to HH, so I'll do that as soon as they show up.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Yup.. just posted.
06/14/10 AADVANTAGE HOTEL PT TO MLS BNS 0 26,250 26,250
06/14/10 STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST 0 75,000 75,000
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by josephstern
. I think I'm going to transfer every last point, figuring 35% is better than 25% for the non-20K remainder.
That's a good point; I didn't think about that, but now I'm going to do that, too.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pawtim
That's a good point; I didn't think about that, but now I'm going to do that, too.
The key is to do it WITH a larger conversion, so that the total hitting AA is greater than 20K. Otherwise, AA only bonuses by 25%.

So save your last 20K in SPG until the last day, then send everything left together to get the 35% on everything.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond,
I'm frustrated by the timing of this promotion given the recent announcement of AA and Marriott parting ways. In Mid-May I received correspondence both from AA and Marriott that the two were terminating there cooperative agreement and that if I wanted to convert hotel points to miles I had to June 30th. So I went ahead and the third week of May and converted 125,000 Marriott points, just to meet the deadline. Had I known I could have waited a few days and earned a 35% bonus, I surely would have done it. As it stands, I haven't used the miles yet, which shows I wasn't converting them for an immediate need but simply responding to meet the deadline. I appealed to AA customer service for some consideration in this promo, given that I converted in late May just to meet the deadline in their first correspondence to me. AA's response was simply "We regret having to disappoint you; however, according to our records you did not met the requirements of this offer. To qualify, it was necessary to convert your hotel points between June
11th and June 30th. According to the information in your AAdvantage account, you converted prior to the bonus offer."

I guess expecting AAdvantage to show some consideration for someone whose been a long-time AAdvantage member who just got caught on the wrong side of coincidental circumstances is too much to ask for.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
I transferred 140K SPG to AA in three installments, 60K, 40K and 40K. All three posted to my AA account today... 75K+26K, 50K+17.5K and 50K+17.5K.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM AC; UA Silver; Hyatt Globalist; Honors Diamond; Bonvoy LT TTM
Transfering SPG points to AA is the COOLEST thing ever!! (well, besides redeeming AA points for F awards on QF/BA/CX)

Now I'm going to be paranoid about transfering future SPG points when there is no bonus in effect in case another one is announced sometime down the road...
Old Jun 20, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Copilot23
I'm frustrated by the timing of this promotion given the recent announcement of AA and Marriott parting ways. In Mid-May I received correspondence both from AA and Marriott that the two were terminating there cooperative agreement and that if I wanted to convert hotel points to miles I had to June 30th. So I went ahead and the third week of May and converted 125,000 Marriott points, just to meet the deadline. Had I known I could have waited a few days and earned a 35% bonus, I surely would have done it. As it stands, I haven't used the miles yet, which shows I wasn't converting them for an immediate need but simply responding to meet the deadline. I appealed to AA customer service for some consideration in this promo, given that I converted in late May just to meet the deadline in their first correspondence to me. AA's response was simply "We regret having to disappoint you; however, according to our records you did not met the requirements of this offer. To qualify, it was necessary to convert your hotel points between June
11th and June 30th. According to the information in your AAdvantage account, you converted prior to the bonus offer."

I guess expecting AAdvantage to show some consideration for someone whose been a long-time AAdvantage member who just got caught on the wrong side of coincidental circumstances is too much to ask for.
That sucks but thems the breaks. It's quite similar to a situation where you purchased a business class seat to Tokyo only to have your seatmate be op-uped from coach. In both situations, you're rightlfully due nothing.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
A quick question about the 20% SPG bonus for transfers over 20k. Does the transfer need to be in increments of 20k to take full advantage of this, or not?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wexflyer
A quick question about the 20% SPG bonus for transfers over 20k. Does the transfer need to be in increments of 20k to take full advantage of this, or not?
Definitely - 5K per 20K - no partials work.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Wexflyer
I assume you meant 25%? And yes, transfers must be in increments of 20k, (but not more than 60k) to maximize the bonus.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:16 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
My Marriott transfer completed very quickly and Marriott account now almost empty. My Amex to SPG transfers were also quick and now all through to AA with bonuses. Just waiting for Diners Club transfer to SPG to arrive o they can also be laundered through to AA.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
I assume you meant 25%? And yes, transfers must be in increments of 20k, (but not more than 60k) to maximize the bonus.
Yes, I meant 25%, sorry for any confusion.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:00 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by sk3
Thanks so much for your post!

Could you also please confirm (or deny if that's the case) that if you initiate a transfer from SPG of 40,000 Starwood Points that you will get the 35% AA bonus on the SPG 25% bonus resulting in a total of 67,500 AA miles?

Yup - all posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.