Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% to 35% Bonus miles on hotel point transfers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
I did a Wyndham transfer for 3,200 miles, no bonus has posted.
Bonuses posted immeadiately on my SPG transfers.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by JumboJ
I know this was mentioned before, but dont know if it has been definitively answered. Are transfers that we initiate before 6/30, that show up in our AA accounts after 6/30 going to get the bonus? I'm thinking about transfering more SPG points.. but I'm a bit worried about them not showing up in time and not getting my 35%.
-The bonus miles only apply to point-to-mile conversions. Hotel stays and travel packages are easily distinguishable when they come to us for posting and they are not eligible for this promotion. And when they come to us for posting it's by "transaction date" not "posting date."

Source, for your reference
Old Jun 26, 2010, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by pb9997
-The bonus miles only apply to point-to-mile conversions. Hotel stays and travel packages are easily distinguishable when they come to us for posting and they are not eligible for this promotion. And when they come to us for posting it's by "transaction date" not "posting date."

Source, for your reference
I did a points to miles Best Western transaction 6/15. Miles were posted several days ago. Bonus miles have not posted .
Old Jun 26, 2010, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Echoing previous posts, my SPG transfers showed bonuses immediately.

My Hilton just posted, with no bonus.

Maybe AA happens to batch the bonuses weekly just after the SPG batch posts? If so, we would see our bonuses tomorrow.

Has anyone had a bonus not post in over a week?
Old Jun 26, 2010, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by JumboJ
I know this was mentioned before, but dont know if it has been definitively answered. Are transfers that we initiate before 6/30, that show up in our AA accounts after 6/30 going to get the bonus? I'm thinking about transfering more SPG points.. but I'm a bit worried about them not showing up in time and not getting my 35%.
From the T & C's:
"...To qualify for this AAdvantageŽ bonus mile offer, member must initiate the AAdvantage mileage conversions with eligible AAdvantage program hotel participants between 12:00 am CDT June 14, 2010 and 11:59 pm CDT June 30, 2010..."
Old Jun 26, 2010, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by randys1
not on any of the boards i use, but i use political boards mostly and my side doesnt have a lot of money....
Libertarians ?

Marijuana party ?

You've got us wondering.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 1:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
I did a Wyndham transfer for 3,200 miles, no bonus has posted.
Bonuses posted immeadiately on my SPG transfers.
SPG transfers initiated on the most recent Thursday and Friday have posted to AA accounts today, but the bonuses didn't show up immediately -- they haven't even shown up yet on the accounts at which I looked.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 3:53 am

Same with me..SPG miles posted BUT NO BONUS miles, like last weeks , transfer have posted.... will watch carefully...
Old Jun 27, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: A few
ditto here miles posted today with no bonus. i am pretty sure aa will post them at some point though. just took me over the 1m mark yay!
Old Jun 27, 2010, 4:54 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Same here. sPG posted, but no bonus miles yet, which leaves me around 37K short of the million mile mark until the bonus miles show up.
Darn, it is my birthday and I was hoping to cross the MM threshold today!
Old Jun 27, 2010, 4:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Happy birthday.

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
ditto here miles posted today with no bonus. i am pretty sure aa will post them at some point though. just took me over the 1m mark yay!
I am certain the bonuses will post in full and that it will occur in very short order.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: AA Advantage Starwood
Arrow Bonus did not post

Same here. SPG miles posted overnight but without the hotel transfer bonus. Last week the miles posted by Saturday with bonus immediately showing up in the account. It is reassuring that I am not the only one not receiving the instant bonus. Hopefully that means AA will post them later. Will this be an 8 week delay like some other promos?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Gold (1MM), SPG Gold, HHonors Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Yep, same deal here...no bonus on either of my SPG transfers posted today. I'm sure it'll resolve itself soon.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Free Agent
Seems that everyone is in the same boat, waiting for the bonus. Probably high demand as we get to the end of the promotion. Previous quick bonus posts set an expectation....

Maybe it just takes a long time to print all these miles....
Old Jun 27, 2010, 8:02 am

Programs: Aadvantage, SPG
Bonus

Same here. My SPG points transferred as bonus points only, even though the actual bonus points have not yet transferred.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.