Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% to 35% Bonus miles on hotel point transfers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
how long do the conversions take? I did a transfer wednesday (6/23) and they still don't show today (6/25). with the weekend coming up seems like today or monday will be the last day to get these through before the deadline
Assuming this is an SPG transfer, you'll likely see the points on Sunday morning - they run weekly batches.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 7:56 am

how long after my pts leave spg before i see them on aa?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:03 am

Location: NC USA (AA 2 Million Miler, AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold)
Hyatt swept last night, or at least it did for me...picked up my last 3 stays like clockwork. need 1 more for 10k, guess i'll see that post in 3-4 weeks. will make 2m lifetime with that one, can't wait
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:43 am

Is there a special website in SPG or AA to do this transfer or I can just go to spg.com then redeem starpoints and do the transfer from there?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by eagleswings
Is there a special website in SPG or AA to do this transfer or I can just go to spg.com then redeem starpoints and do the transfer from there?
just go to your spg account and do the transfer, i did this two days ago and am still waiting for them to appear on my AA account and I am curious how long it took for others to see it appear
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by randys1
just go to your spg account and do the transfer, i did this two days ago and am still waiting for them to appear on my AA account and I am curious how long it took for others to see it appear
Once again, SPG transfer weekly. Transfers made by some time on Friday (I don't know when) get executed in the weekly batch done, generally, on Sunday morning.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Once again, SPG transfer weekly. Transfers made by some time on Friday (I don't know when) get executed in the weekly batch done, generally, on Sunday morning.
thanks, they left my spg account instantly, so wasnt sure how long it would take...

In my next life I am going to invent a search engine (engine is wrong word, function is better) that works within a page that provides info much better than what these boards now have, there has to be a better and more efficient way, all message boards suffer from inadequate search functions. It has to be easier, more efficent, for us "now" folks.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, and a mug on the wall at the local brewpub
thanks, they left my spg account instantly, so wasnt sure how long it would take...

In my next life I am going to invent a search engine (engine is wrong word, function is better) that works within a page that provides info much better than what these boards now have, there has to be a better and more efficient way, all message boards suffer from inadequate search functions. It has to be easier, more efficent, for us "now" folks.
Try google. It's better than the internal search engine.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by boomdog
Try google. It's better than the internal search engine.
I meant for within the topic, like instead of reading all these pages to find out how long it takes for the transfer, i whimped out and asked, I knew the answer was here but finding it was just too much time for me to waste...

Lazy, I know, but has to be a better way.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
I meant for within the topic, like instead of reading all these pages to find out how long it takes for the transfer, i whimped out and asked, I knew the answer was here but finding it was just too much time for me to waste...

Lazy, I know, but has to be a better way.
Did you try "Search this Thread" function once you were in the thread?
I found the answer quite easily.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by miamigrad
Did you try "Search this Thread" function once you were in the thread?
I found the answer quite easily.
i dont see those words "search this thread"

ok , found that, still didnt get the answer, i found posts where people said the points showed up but not how long it took for it to happen, but search this thread button is good to know, too bad it isnt on 95% of the message boards out there
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:24 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
but search this thread button is good to know, too bad it isnt on 95% of the message boards out there[/B]
It's on all boards that use the vBulletin software. IME, this is the large majority of board out there, so it is generally available. Once just has to know to look for it.

Cheers.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by brp
It's on all boards that use the vBulletin software. IME, this is the large majority of board out there, so it is generally available. Once just has to know to look for it.

Cheers.
not on any of the boards i use, but i use political boards mostly and my side doesnt have a lot of money....to spend on fancy search functions
Old Jun 26, 2010, 3:50 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold 1MM, BA Blue again :-(, Hilton Silver
Does the bonus come in later?
Just transferred 30k hilton, only 4500 advantage miles now showing for the xfer.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 4:03 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I know this was mentioned before, but dont know if it has been definitively answered. Are transfers that we initiate before 6/30, that show up in our AA accounts after 6/30 going to get the bonus? I'm thinking about transfering more SPG points.. but I'm a bit worried about them not showing up in time and not getting my 35%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.